The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

I have now read through all pages in Part 1 & Part 2 of Cruisetrail's threads and enjoyed the wonderful detailed pictures, as well as read through all comments everyone on those 2 lengthy threads. I see many people who don't like Cruisetrail's comments and opinions about the S-class ships. OK, so let's praise the pictoral efforts!!!

Having taken 32 cruises so far, so many people ask me WHICH SHIP WE LIKE BEST and I always say: IT'S LIKE ASKING ME WHICH CHILD (OR GRANDCHILD) WE LIKE BEST!!! Each has his/her special personality, special gifts & abilities and special quirks, but we love each and every one of them, recognizing their weaknesses & faults. It's the same with the various cruise ships -- the good and the bad (yes!! all ships have their weaknesses, quirks, faults in design, decor, entertainment, service, food etc.)!! Everyone should remember there is NO PERFECTLY designed ship for the entire cruising public. (Same with cars, homes, resorts, etc.)

Well stated!

BINGO!!

I have 1243 for 2 weeks in February on the Eclipse..same location, so I am going to assume it is also one of the best on that ship.

I was not going to bother you and ask, but happy you offered the info.

Like everybody else, I am loving this thread

Thank you

I'm here as I type - location and balcony is as wonderful as everybody says, but I have to tell you, the steward's closet is right outside this room (and 1245's) and it bangs almost non-stop during the day. If you are out from 8A to 8P, you'll be fine, but if you like an afternoon nap or sleeping late, forget it.

50/50 if I would book this room again, for that reason. It's a little nerve racking. I thought at first I just had rude neighbors, but realized it is the guys. They were wonderful, BTW, so I never mentioned it to them.

I have a few other comments about the cabin, I'll post on the sticky when I get back.

I have now read through all pages in Part 1 & Part 2 of Cruisetrail's threads and enjoyed the wonderful detailed pictures, as well as read through all comments everyone on those 2 lengthy threads. I see many people who don't like Cruisetrail's comments and opinions about the S-class ships. OK, so let's praise the pictoral efforts!!!

Having taken 32 cruises so far, so many people ask me WHICH SHIP WE LIKE BEST and I always say: IT'S LIKE ASKING ME WHICH CHILD (OR GRANDCHILD) WE LIKE BEST!!! Each has his/her special personality, special gifts & abilities and special quirks, but we love each and every one of them, recognizing their weaknesses & faults. It's the same with the various cruise ships -- the good and the bad (yes!! all ships have their weaknesses, quirks, faults in design, decor, entertainment, service, food etc.)!! Everyone should remember there is NO PERFECTLY designed ship for the entire cruising public. (Same with cars, homes, resorts, etc.)

Great post, and I totally agree! Everyone has their own ideas of what they like & dislike about certain aspects of ship designs, & what is important to them. Cruisetrail's photos are fantastic, especially for those who do not like reading deck plans when choosing a stateroom. However, his opinions about what rooms are in good or bad locations are just that - opinions. Yet they are presented as fact, not opinion. He holds himself up to be the ultimate authority on all things S class, in fact, I have to chuckle at the questions asked of him like, "is this a good cabin?". He has never even set foot on Reflection & Silouhette!.

Someone who is on Eclipse now just posted about room 1243, & said that they have noise problems with the room, which by the way was reported by Cruisetrail to be one of the 2 best standard balcony rooms on the ship. As I said, it is all a matter of opinion, based upon what is important to the individual.

I'm here as I type - location and balcony is as wonderful as everybody says, but I have to tell you, the steward's closet is right outside this room (and 1245's) and it bangs almost non-stop during the day. If you are out from 8A to 8P, you'll be fine, but if you like an afternoon nap or sleeping late, forget it.

50/50 if I would book this room again, for that reason. It's a little nerve racking. I thought at first I just had rude neighbors, but realized it is the guys. They were wonderful, BTW, so I never mentioned it to them.

I have a few other comments about the cabin, I'll post on the sticky when I get back.

Please, please say something!!! They honestly may not realize they are disturbing you and if they are as wonderful as you think they are, they will see that it stops. Please don't just accept this. It is not necessary to slam doors.

Anne

Wow intresting points made basically bashing the s- class, which I may add is one of the smartest designed ships I've seen in long time. It has one of the highest percentage of balconies, but at the same time has some wonderful public spaces. Is it perfect? No, but under the circumstances and size limitations, the designers did what they could to produce one of the most dynamic premium ships in the market. Cruuse lines have to make a profit, and so far it has not infringed directly on the general quality. As for the promenade deck, it's a growing trend showing that it is not nearly as popular as it once was, thus it certainly shouldn't get that much room.

Hello, I need your professional opinion, we are booked in 2149 aqua class on the reflection, I have noticed that 9215 has opened up. This is a standard cabin I believe, it is 372.00 less than aqua, would we be wise to switch, we have not stayed in aqua before. Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Hello, I need your professional opinion, we are booked in 2149 aqua class on the reflection, I have noticed that 9215 has opened up. This is a standard cabin I believe, it is 372.00 less than aqua, would we be wise to switch, we have not stayed in aqua before. Thanks in advance for your opinion.

9215 has a larger balcony, better views, no overhang.

So you are getting a better cabin for less money.

To have more than a complete dining experience on any cruise ship one needs about $120 (max) per person for extra charge restaurants.

IMO if the difference is 120 or less I would try aqua (on condition that location is not worse). If more than 120 - enjoy a better standard cabin and a few visits to specialty dining.

Thermal suite on S-Class ships is not a perk for me as they are lacking the main feature - a hydropool.

9215 and 2149 on the Reflection:

71mgef.jpg

Go with 2149. You will enjoy having your own specialty restaurant every night (Blu). Both balconies are the same huge size, but 2149 is in a better location in my opinion. It also has a better view since it is higher up. The OP shows great pictures, but I don't believe he/she has ever sailed on Reflection.

The overhang is not a big deal. You can sit out during inclement weather, you have a huge balcony, and you are just one deck away from the pool and Oceanview Cafe.

Edited by Wine-O

As for the promenade deck, it's a growing trend showing that it is not nearly as popular as it once was, thus it certainly shouldn't get that much room.

Hi pampkin 11,

1. There is no growing trend showing that it is not nearly as popular as it once was.

People love it and enjoy it where available.

dyvibl.jpg

A few ships have been designed by cynical bean counters - yes, that is noticeable now. Is it a trend and how bad it is - we'll see.

At this time all major ships have at least a part of an open promenade. A few exceptions are NCL Epic, MSC Fantasia Class and Celebrity S-Class.

2. A proper promenade deck on a cruise ship is a luxury feature that actually adds room.

Edited by cruisetrail

Go with 2149. You will enjoy having your own specialty restaurant every night (Blu). Both balconies are the same huge size, but 2149 is in a better location in my opinion. It also has a better view since it is higher up. The OP shows great pictures, but I don't believe he/she has ever sailed on Reflection.

The overhang is not a big deal. You can sit out during inclement weather, you have a huge balcony, and you are just one deck away from the pool and Oceanview Cafe.

"#1 and #3 from the hump" as always have the same footage, but 9215 gives an impression of a larger space without the overhang and with more open views.

Specialty restaurants are way more interesting than Blu.

I personally find it boring to eat in the same place all the time.

Edited by cruisetrail

"#1 and #3 from the hump" as always have the same footage, but 9215 gives an impression of a larger space without the overhang and with more open views.

You're absolutely dead wrong. Both have the exact same size space, i.e. huge balcony and same sq ft stateroom. 2149 has many more amenities, plus you can eat in a specialty restaurant every night (Blu).

Have you ever sailed AQ on an S-Class and eaten in Blu?

I have not sailed in Aqua class before, I have noticed no that the price has already gone up to 1279.00 pp for aqua 1A cabins. Thanks to you both for your opinions, I really do appreciate them. My wife is really wanting to dine in Blu and at the price I got it for I guess my mind is made up on Cabin 2149. Thanks again.

Brad

Cruisetrail hasn't sailed on the Reflection, so I, and others, take his expert Reflection rants with a pinch of salt.......... great photos though.

Cruisetrail shares a vast amount of knowledge on the CC msg boards.

I appreciate and respect all information.

It's hard to say if first hand opinion merits the same weight as book knowledge supported by photographs.

jls

I have not sailed in Aqua class before, I have noticed no that the price has already gone up to 1279.00 pp for aqua 1A cabins. Thanks to you both for your opinions, I really do appreciate them. My wife is really wanting to dine in Blu and at the price I got it for I guess my mind is made up on Cabin 2149. Thanks again.

Brad

You will enjoy dinning at Blu, you get a bunch of perks including the serenity room at the front of the ship. Usually not busy nice to sit there when the ship docks in the morning.

The breakfast is very good there and faster then the MDR in the morning.

Your wife will enjoy it.

What a great and I mean GREAT post (#1 & this one). I've spent 2 hrs reading all the comments and looking at the pictures.

The fiance and I have booked #1533 Aqua Class On Penthouse Deck for our honeymoon on the Eclipse March 23rd sailing this year. Do you happen to have any pictures (interior/exterior) of the #1533 cabin? Hope we got a good one without overhang :cool:

Thanks!

Edited by quailallstar

What a great and I mean GREAT post (#1 & this one). I've spent 2 hrs reading all the comments and looking at the pictures.

The fiance and I have booked #1533 Aqua Class On Penthouse Deck for our honeymoon on the Eclipse March 23rd sailing this year. Do you happen to have any pictures (interior/exterior) of the #1533 cabin? Hope we got a good one without overhang :cool:

Thanks!

1533 on the Eclipse.

No overhang.

Enjoy your honeymoon!

35m1quv.jpg

Hi Cruisetrail

Congratulations on a great job done posting cabin plans and photos.

We have just been assigned 1506 on Eclipse and was shocked to see that

you have marked it with a red cross. Will appreciate your input.

Tanks and regards

1506 is partially under the first treadmill. It won't be an issue on a cruise with less physically active passengers.

Technically upper decks are more prone to rolling. The bow is more prone to pitching.

Just general considerations.

The bridge is partially obstructing views.

Please don't be shocked.

We can book the cheapest cabin and have a great cruise.

All this illustrations are just showing that some locations are better, some are worse.

2lxfsiq.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

Based on the Eclipse, I would look at A2 with exceptions below:

350wait.jpg

I would skip A1.

However,1605, 1610, 1547, 1552 look better than the rest of A1 d/t larger balconies and location.

1506 is partially under the first treadmill. It won't be an issue on a cruise with less physically active passengers.

Technically upper decks are more prone to rolling. The bow is more prone to pitching.

Just general considerations.

The bridge is partially obstructing views.

Please don't be shocked.

We can book the cheapest cabin and have a great cruise.

All this illustrations are just showing that some locations are better, some are worse.

2lxfsiq.jpg

Thank you for the photo and prompt reply. I think you offer better service than

Celebrity. Thank you so much. Keep up the good work

Finally, the type of information I look for when booking a cruise. Thank You. Quick question, we are debating between 2161 AQ suite and 1405 S1 suite on a Mediterranean Reflection Cruise. Both rooms have issues-possible noise above/smoke for 2161 and possible soot/lack of of privacy/obstructions for 1405. Any advice would help. Thanks.