The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

You are incredible! To take the time and the energy to do all this. Amazing to say the least.

I did notice that the Eclipse is not set up the same as the Silhouette or the Reflection. Rooms are moved around a bit. We are on the hump in cabins 1136 and 1247 on the Reflection. I chose them for the larger balcony and the accessiblity to the elevators and stairs. Did not see them on this thread but looking forward to enjoying them soon.

Again, many thanks for your hard work. If we ever meet on a cruise I would love to buy you a drink!

Happy Sailing.:D

Cruisetrail---any chance of you having a pic of 7280 on Eclipse, an do you know if the pools on the ship are fresh or salt water?

Thanks in anvance, Love all your pictures. Sailing eclipse next month. :D

Pools are fresh water.

7280 on the Silhouette (same location as on the Eclipse):

2ir9owz.jpg

You are incredible! To take the time and the energy to do all this. Amazing to say the least.

I did notice that the Eclipse is not set up the same as the Silhouette or the Reflection. Rooms are moved around a bit. We are on the hump in cabins 1136 and 1247 on the Reflection. I chose them for the larger balcony and the accessiblity to the elevators and stairs. Did not see them on this thread but looking forward to enjoying them soon.

Again, many thanks for your hard work. If we ever meet on a cruise I would love to buy you a drink!

Happy Sailing.:D

Thank you.

1136 on the Reflection is the same as 1124 on the Sihouette.

1247 is the same on both.

1124 on the Silhouette:

9kytjr.jpg

21ja9zo.jpg

Enjoy your cruise!

Have just found this thread, so I apologise if this has already been answered.

I have upgraded from 2B to 1A- 9237.

From what I have read on the 'Sticky' re S class cabins, the balcony is larger.

It is on the hump.

Does it have an overhang?

We are on the March 23rd sailing, so would love to see a picture if you have one.

Thank you.

Edited by upwarduk

It is on the hump.

We are on the March 23rd sailing, so would love to see a picture if you have one.

Thank you.

We were in cabin 9237 on the Eclipse this past November.

There is no overhang and the balcony size is great.

The cabin location is very convenient to the elevators and stairs too.

You will love this cabin. I would book it again in a heartbeat.

We have 8255 on the Equinox. We will have our 3 and 6 yo with us, so that limited cabin selections. Based on your photos of similar cabins we should have roughly a 75% larger balcony being on the hump. Do you have a picture of where this room would be and am I close on balcony dimensions?

I have really appreciated this read and information, thanks for all the time you have put into this. Just like you have some balcony rooms as a red, others have inside staterooms as a red and only cruise balcony or above. I think most people are smart enough to realize this is your opinion of the ship. Smart people are able to filter out what is important to them...overhang, lifeboats below etc. Keep up the good work. More information is helpful when making decisions.

Totally agree, this information is so helpful -- using these photos and LibraryLady's spreadsheets make cabin selection so much easier.

We just switched to cabin 8230 on the Solstice (from 8197 because of the more convenient location) Do you have anything on 8230? I did do a search of the thread before asking and couldn't find anything. Thanks, Shirley

It is on the hump.

Thank you.

Congratulations.

9237 is one of a few best cabins on the ship.

It has an extra deep balcony.

No overhang.

302vzau.jpg

Do you have a picture of cabin 8255 on the hump on Eclipse, we are booked into that one for a sailing in March, is this a good location?

Thanks for your help

The balcony is extra large.

Not very much on the hump but not as deep into the superstructure as most of the balconies.

Quite over lifeboats but not too close.

Considering the general :confused: situation with planning on this ship, the location is OK.

With an extra deep balckny it's quite "good".

No overhang.

Enjoy your cruise.

vh455v.jpg

We have 8255 on the Equinox. We will have our 3 and 6 yo with us, so that limited cabin selections. Based on your photos of similar cabins we should have roughly a 75% larger balcony being on the hump. Do you have a picture of where this room would be and am I close on balcony dimensions?

I have really appreciated this read and information, thanks for all the time you have put into this. Just like you have some balcony rooms as a red, others have inside staterooms as a red and only cruise balcony or above. I think most people are smart enough to realize this is your opinion of the ship. Smart people are able to filter out what is important to them...overhang, lifeboats below etc. Keep up the good work. More information is helpful when making decisions.

The previous question was about this cabin on the Eclipse.

The location is the same.

Yes, your balcony is that large.

Enjoy.

vh455v.jpg

Totally agree, this information is so helpful -- using these photos and LibraryLady's spreadsheets make cabin selection so much easier.

We just switched to cabin 8230 on the Solstice (from 8197 because of the more convenient location) Do you have anything on 8230? I did do a search of the thread before asking and couldn't find anything. Thanks, Shirley

8230 on the Solstice:

1ht2md.jpg

This is an excellent compilation. It's helped me choose cabins on an upcoming cruise on Silhouette and helped me confirm that my choice of cabin for an upcoming cruise on Eclipse was a decent choice. Prior to this thread I was feeling overwhelmed! I want to sincerely thank you, cruisetrail. It's unfortunate that once you hit upon the design flaws many have felt the need to gang up on you and denounce your efforts. Sorry you have to deal with that, but you've helped out lots of us and I wanted to be sure to thank you. :)

Cruisetrail hasn't sailed on the Reflection, so I, and others, take his expert Reflection rants with a pinch of salt.......... great photos though.

Cruisetrail hasn't sailed on the Reflection, so I, and others, take his expert Reflection rants with a pinch of salt.......... great photos though.

Cruisetrail has sailed a Solstice class ship and is a rabid Princess fan.

He has never sailed on a Millennium class ship and posted on the Princess blog that he would never cruise an X ship again.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions on what makes a cruise special for them.

What I find intriguing is that he rants about his perceived deficiencies on X then invests all this time to council X cruisers on what is the best cabin to book on Solstice class ships he apparently despises.

Strange and amusing.

Cruisetrail has sailed a Solstice class ship and is a rabid Princess fan.

He has never sailed on a Millennium class ship and posted on the Princess blog that he would never cruise an X ship again.

Not true. Please go back and take a look again.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions on what makes a cruise special for them.

What I find intriguing is that he rants about his perceived deficiencies on X then invests all this time to council X cruisers on what is the best cabin to book on Solstice class ships he apparently despises.

Strange and amusing.

Nothing strange.

We study subjects (poetry, stars, insects, ships...) no matter if they are "good" or "bad".

This is education.

Cruise lines names and ships' names do not matter either.

People are different.

Some are talents let's say in music but at the same time it's beyond their comprehention how to draw a line that connects two dots.

So are cruisers, so are CC posters. Nothing surprising. No offence.

Therefore it's sometimes hard to explain "how do you know the Equinox as you cruised on the Solstice" (especially when it's not a question but a provocation).

"Study of analogs" is one of fundamentals of engineering.

Just accept it.

Solstice Class design is very contoversial thus an interesting study.

People may like Celebrity product. By a selection of amenities it's limited to "upscale cruise and booze" in a nicely appointed floating hotel. But for many it may be well enough for an enjoyable cruise.

I cannot blame anyone for that.

You know that the worst and oldest Carnival ships sail full and return with great reviews.

I am happy to explain the differences and find the best ship before the cruise has been booked.

Once it has been booked, I would never (with rare exceptions) say "cancel your cruise".

At this point I am willing to help people to get the best bung for the buck.

It's very natural for me as a travel professional.

Hope this helps.

I will bookmark this post and provide a link if this topic is "injected" again.

Edited by cruisetrail

Thanks for the info on Cabin 8255 Eclipse, Cruisetrail, which cabin number would you recommend as being best/good in a 1A category, just as a matter of interest?

We have never sailed with Celebrity before, so any info is helpful.

Thanks

Texmex.ferr

9237, 9292, 8281, 8254, 9215, 9270, 8259, 8232, 9155, 9192, 8199, 8162, 7286, 7241, 7264, 7219, 7206, 7159.

Considerations:

"first from the hump"

midships>forward

upper>lower

leeward>windward

POSH (for transatlantic) is better except deck 7 that is closer to smoking areas.

Edited by cruisetrail

Cruisetrail, I'm sorry, but the fact that you have the ability, and time & wherewithal to take exterior photos of a ship, & then take the time to look at a deck plan & point out specific rooms on that ship, or others in the same class from those photos, while commendable, does not make you an authority on the plusses & minuses of the location of the staterooms.

Because you don't care for the location of a room because of what is important to you does not mean that others have the same preferences when choosing a stateroom. Also, the features of the post Eclipse ships of the S class that you feel make them of inferior design, may actually be an enticement to some to book those ships. What is important to one cruiser may not be important to another cruiser. That is why there are multiple designed ships out there to choose from.

This is where I take issue with your posts. If only one time, you would say that in your opinion, you don't like the location of a stateroom, & this is why, but point out that opinions may vary, I would do nothing but applaud you for your monumental efforts. However, you present your opinion as fact, & that is where I take issue with you, & that is where I think you lose creditibility. I think that you feel that your opinion, where you interpret the facts that are important to you, should be shared by all.

That's not the real world.

I hope that you keep sharing you photos, but present your feelings as your own, & leave the decision making up to the cruiser, based upon their preferences.

Even though I have not asked a spectific queation, I would love to see a response to my post.

Thanks.

Edited by richsea
added last paragraph

Hi Rich,

Unless you come up with facts you would like to discuss/agree/disagree the conversation does not make sense.

What opinion/fact, about what, where it's posted?

Please be specific.

I will appreciate your speaking to the point.

Otherwise comments like that one above look counterproductive.

Example:

Also, the features of the post Eclipse ships of the S class that you feel make them of inferior design, may actually be an enticement to some to book those ships.

What exactly?

I will be happy to leave more detailed comments on that if you wish.

BTW I am going to make a break - it's time to take a cruise!

After that we'll continue from the point where we stopped - Differences between S-Class ships.

With all due respect.

cruisetrail

Edited by cruisetrail

9237, 9292, 8281, 8254, 9215, 9270, 8259, 8232, 9155, 9192, 8199, 8162, 7286, 7241, 7264, 7219, 7206, 7159.

Considerations:

"first from the hump"

midships>forward

upper>lower

leeward>windward

POSH (for transatlantic) is better except deck 7 that is closer to smoking areas.

Thanks for the info, I will check out these cabins in future.

Texmex.ferr

Don'y fall in love with cruise lines.

Once you may feel betrayed, deceived and insulted.

Your love is nothing for cruise lines.

They may throw it away like trash.

Just look at the Royal Princess.

Can you imagine a new Mercedes-Benz model that looks like Hunday?

Most features you loved about Princess ships is now in a recycle bin.

They are doing their business and don't care of your love.

If they decide that faceless bland junk of decks makes more money than a Princess cruise ship - they will go that way.

Nothing personal.

Just business.

That's my approach to cruising.

I like classy ships that provide true sea travel experience.

I don't care of cruise lines names.

For example, I would not cruise on any of existing Celebrity ships even for free. But if they build a real cruise ship in the future - why not?

Definitely yes!

The quote was posted on the Princess what do you like about the new Royal thread.

What ever cruise line he is sailing it is not X.

I stand corrected in that he did not say he would never cruise Celebrity again, he will if they redesigned a new class of ship to meet his specifications.

Cruisetrail may have sailed an M class but if he has he is not parcing them the way he is the S class.

He also does not like the new Royal being built by Princess so he is consistent in his distaste for all modern cruise ships. Got to give him that.

I wonder if he will sail her and then do a detailed autopsy on the Royal to explain why it is not a fitting ship for Princess to build on the Princess blog?

Even though he considers the ship is a piece of marine trash would he then spend countless hours telling Princess cruisers what are the best cabin's to sail in?

I guess he has never seen a B Class Mercedes either, we have them in Canada sold as entry level models. He is likely not aware as well that Hyundai is now designed by a German stylist and they now have direct injection engines.