UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Oh boy...he is my least favorite CD. Talks too fast, laughs at his own jokes which aren't funny, and runs a disorganized and quite weak activities team. We were on a "cold weather" cruise, and activities were really awful under his leadership. We went on the same ship a few months later with a different CD, and the same activities were so much more fun, and there were more activities scheduled. The difference was striking!

There is a lot of info available about him on these boards, and even on this thread if you read back a few pages or do a search. RCI must have a lot of confidence in him to make him the regular CD of Quantum. I am disappointed, though, because Quantum sails from my homeport and I expect to cruise on Quantum often, however I will purposefully schedule my cruises to avoid Jimmy Rhodes, since activities and entertainment are an important part of the cruising experience for us.

Donna thanks for the prompt reply, not too keen on the content though, we were hoping he was one of the better CDs, guess we will just have to do our own thing.

Oasis OTS - Dave Chapman September 14 until November 16. Jimmy Rhodes will be arriving on November 2. (Frankie began as Activities Manager on Oct 5) Rico duBriel expects to be joining Oasis in the Spring/Summer 2014 (after Vision/Panama season)

Even with Jimmy arriving on November 2nd, does that mean Dave will still be the acting CD? I'm hoping so as we are sailing on November 9th. I was looking forward to Dave Chapman. Not so much looking forward to to Jimmy Rhodes though. What's your best guess for our sailing on Nov 9th? Maybe we'll be seeing both of them that week since it's Dave's last week onboard.

Sherri

Donna, if you have a hard copy of your thread, make a note for next April that Erky told me he would be coming back from his break that he started in February on my 4-5-14 sailing on EX.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine started on August 4 until January, then Mercedes Fuentes. (exact handover date needed)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks September 15 through sometime in November, then Ken Rush (need exact handover date)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis July 27 through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa. (then who?)

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 through Nov. 8, then John Blair from November 8 through January 8, then Marc Walker returns on January 8.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 for approx 4 months (exact date?). (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014, and returning from his break on April 5, 2014))

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey from Sept 8 until December 22, then Mike Hunnerup will be covering Richard's break from December 22 through mid-late February. Richard should be back on Freedom for one more contract mid-to-late February until mid-to-late June (need exact dates) before heading over to prepare for Quantum, then to prepare for Anthem, then to prepare for Oasis III.

Grandeur OTS - Ricky Matthews Sept 13 thru November 26th. Ricky Matthews will return in (mid to late) January for 4 months. Who will be covering Ricky's break Nov 26 through (mid to late?) January? (It was supposed to be Jimmy Rhodes, but he has moved over to Oasis)

Independence OTS - Mike Hunnerup from Sept 7 through November 2. Joff will be returning November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning at the end of May through Sept 2014 (exact dates?) (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau started Sept 7 Through early January. (Then, Dennis Charles?)

Legend OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 30 (until when? then who?) Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Liberty OTS - Rick Edwards Oct 6 until Feb 11

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from August 31 until December 13. (then who?)

Mariner OTS - Dan Whitney started in early September (until when?). (Rob is the Activities Manager)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 until October 12, then John Perry from October 12 until ships goes into drydock on January 5. Then, Dave Chapman when ship returns from drydock on February 5

Oasis OTS - Dave Chapman September 14 until November 16. Jimmy Rhodes will be arriving on November 2. (Frankie began as Activities Manager on Oct 5) Rico duBriel expects to be joining Oasis in the Spring/Summer 2014 (after Vision/Panama season)

Quantum OTS - Richard Spacey will be taking the ship out, with Ken Rush helping him through the transition. They will likely remain onboard until early January 2015, then Jimmy Rhodes will take over as regular CD of this ship.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown from Sept 6 for approx 2 months, then Amy Fickert in mid-November (per her FB page). (need exact handover date)

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 until November 30. He will return on Feb 1. (Who will be filling in Nov 30 through Feb 1)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier until Nov 25. Topi Ylönen is joining Serenade on November 25

Splendour OTS - Mercedes Fuentes (until Dec 8?) then João Pereira begins Dec 8 for the South American season

Vision OTS - Anthony Richards is joining Vision on Sept 24 for revitalization and for Miami cruises (through Nov 13?) and then Rico du Breil for Panama (Nov 13 through April 26?).

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 through Oct 24 for the Asian season. Who will be CD for the repositioning and for the Australian season?

Even with Jimmy arriving on November 2nd, does that mean Dave will still be the acting CD? I'm hoping so as we are sailing on November 9th. I was looking forward to Dave Chapman. Not so much looking forward to to Jimmy Rhodes though. What's your best guess for our sailing on Nov 9th? Maybe we'll be seeing both of them that week since it's Dave's last week onboard.

Sherri

My best guess is that Dave will be the CD on your sailing, but he may delegate some of the CD duties to Jimmy (such as the morning TV show).

Oh boy...he is my least favorite CD. Talks too fast, laughs at his own jokes which aren't funny, and runs a disorganized and quite weak activities team. We were on a "cold weather" cruise, and activities were really awful under his leadership. We went on the same ship a few months later with a different CD, and the same activities were so much more fun, and there were more activities scheduled. The difference was striking!

There is a lot of info available about him on these boards, and even on this thread if you read back a few pages or do a search. RCI must have a lot of confidence in him to make him the regular CD of Quantum. I am disappointed, though, because Quantum sails from my homeport and I expect to cruise on Quantum often, however I will purposefully schedule my cruises to avoid Jimmy Rhodes, since activities and entertainment are an important part of the cruising experience for us.

Donna,

You couldn't have said it better! I second EVERYTHING you wrote. I am about to board the Explorer this Sunday to spend the week with Leigh and Erky and I'm really looking forward to it! ( Will try to get exact dates). Am booked on Quantum for 1/11/15 and if I don't have Richard, and have Jimmy I will be so disappointed (when I see your line that says "early January, my heart sinks :( !). Can only hope that the Anthem does her maiden voyages out of Cape Liberty as well, till she repositions!!! I want Richard again!!! He's such a riot!

Will update you on my return! - Miriam

Donna,

You couldn't have said it better! I second EVERYTHING you wrote. I am about to board the Explorer this Sunday to spend the week with Leigh and Erky and I'm really looking forward to it! ( Will try to get exact dates). Am booked on Quantum for 1/11/15 and if I don't have Richard, and have Jimmy I will be so disappointed (when I see your line that says "early January, my heart sinks :( !). Can only hope that the Anthem does her maiden voyages out of Cape Liberty as well, till she repositions!!! I want Richard again!!! He's such a riot!

Will update you on my return! - Miriam

Hi Miriam! We're sailing together on Quantum on 11/18/14 with Richard!

It was Ken who reported that they would be onboard until January - I am thinking it's a 6-8 week assignment before Jimmy's contract begins.

Have a great time on Explorer! I love Leigh; he's one of the very best CDs!

My best guess is that Dave will be the CD on your sailing, but he may delegate some of the CD duties to Jimmy (such as the morning TV show).

Thanks so much Donna for the info. That's what I was thinking as well. Either way we will have a wonderful cruise I'm sure. We've been looking forward to it for a while.

Sherri

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey from Sept 8 until December 22, then Mike Hunnerup will be covering Richard's break from December 22 through mid-late February. Richard should be back on Freedom for one more contract mid-to-late February until mid-to-late June (need exact dates) before heading over to prepare for Quantum, then to prepare for Anthem, then to prepare for Oasis III.

Were on FOS Sept 14 2014, looks like Spacey will be out by then? Any idea who will be coming on next?

I have to admit, going last year with Drew and then again this year with Richard was a night and day difference. Richard is awesome and I was hoping to have him as the CD next year as well. Whoever mentioned "Fritz from Philly" - I agree, he was awesome too with this little "UGHH HUH" laugh thing during the Michael Jackson trivia.

Were on FOS Sept 14 2014, looks like Spacey will be out by then? Any idea who will be coming on next?

I have to admit, going last year with Drew and then again this year with Richard was a night and day difference. Richard is awesome and I was hoping to have him as the CD next year as well. Whoever mentioned "Fritz from Philly" - I agree, he was awesome too with this little "UGHH HUH" laugh thing during the Michael Jackson trivia.

No idea at all who will become regular CD of Freedom when Richard moves over to Quantum.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine started on August 4 until January, then Mercedes Fuentes. (exact handover date needed)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks September 15 through sometime in November, then Ken Rush (need exact handover date)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis July 27 through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa. (then who?)

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 through Nov. 8, then John Blair from November 8 through January 8, then Marc Walker returns on January 8.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 for approx 4 months (exact date?). (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014, and returning from his break on April 5, 2014))

Grandeur OTS - Ricky Matthews Sept 13 thru November 26th. Ricky Matthews will return in (mid to late) January for 4 months. Who will be covering Ricky's break Nov 26 through (mid to late?) January? (It was supposed to be Jimmy Rhodes, but he has moved over to Oasis)

Independence OTS - Mike Hunnerup from Sept 7 through November 2. Joff will be returning November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning at the end of May through Sept 2014 (exact dates?) (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau started Sept 7 Through early January. (Then, Dennis Charles?)

Legend OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 30 (until when? then who?) Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Mariner OTS - Dan Whitney started in early September (until when?). (Rob is the Activities Manager)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 until October 12, then John Perry from October 12 until ships goes into drydock on January 5. Then, Dave Chapman when ship returns from drydock on February 5

Quantum OTS - Richard Spacey will be taking the ship out, with Ken Rush helping him through the transition. They will likely remain onboard until early January 2015, then Jimmy Rhodes will take over as regular CD of this ship.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown from Sept 6 for approx 2 months, then Amy Fickert in mid-November (per her FB page). (need exact handover date)

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 until November 30. He will return on Feb 1. (Who will be filling in Nov 30 through Feb 1)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier until Nov 25. Topi Ylönen is joining Serenade on November 25

Splendour OTS - Mercedes Fuentes (until Dec 8?) then João Pereira begins Dec 8 for the South American season

Vision OTS - Anthony Richards is joining Vision on Sept 24 for revitalization and for Miami cruises (through Nov 13?) and then Rico du Breil for Panama (Nov 13 through April 26?).

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 through Oct 24 for the Asian season. Who will be CD for the repositioning and for the Australian season?

Navigator OTS - John Perry from October 12 until ships goes into drydock on January 5. Then, Dave Chapman when ship returns from drydock on February 5

Navigator OTS - John Perry from October 12 until ships goes into drydock on January 5. Then, Dave Chapman when ship returns from drydock on February 5

any idea who will be cd on the oasis for the march 29th 2014 . rico de bruel? thanks from your updates because of you I knew to look forward to Richard spacey on the freedom and he didn't disappoint

any idea who will be cd on the oasis for the march 29th 2014 . rico de bruel? thanks from your updates because of you I knew to look forward to Richard spacey on the freedom and he didn't disappoint

I'm not really sure about Rico because I have overlapping info. He is on Vision for the Panama season (which ends April 26) and he is coming to Oasis in the spring. But, he will also need a 6-8 week break in between. So, we need to get a firmer confirmation on the exact dates of his schedule.

As for Oasis, the regular CD's have been reassigned recently, and we don't really know who the new Oasis regulars will be, or how their contracts will run. If I speculate, Jimmy probably has a 4 months contract which takes him to the beginning of March (it may only be a 2 month contract, though) No idea who will taking over after that. Jimmy is going over to Quantum so he probably won't have another contract on Oasis, and Dave fills-in all over the place so we can't assume that he will be taking over from Jimmy in March.

Keep checking back. I update as soon as I get the info. And, if anyone is on these ships and can ask the CD directly and report back to us, it is greatly appreciated!

Edited by DonnaK

I'm not really sure about Rico because I have overlapping info. He is on Vision for the Panama season (which ends April 26) and he is coming to Oasis in the spring. But, he will also need a 6-8 week break in between. So, we need to get a firmer confirmation on the exact dates of his schedule.

As for Oasis, the regular CD's have been reassigned recently, and we don't really know who the new Oasis regulars will be, or how their contracts will run. If I speculate, Jimmy probably has a 4 months contract which takes him to the beginning of March (it may only be a 2 month contract, though) No idea who will taking over after that. Jimmy is going over to Quantum so he probably won't have another contract on Oasis, and Dave fills-in all over the place so we can't assume that he will be taking over from Jimmy in March.

Keep checking back. I update as soon as I get the info. And, if anyone is on these ships and can ask the CD directly and report back to us, it is greatly appreciated!

It seems like you get the whole thing straightened out and then everyone switches at once. I wish I could help more but that this point I have very little coming up and what I do have coming, you have sorted out.

Gina

It seems like you get the whole thing straightened out and then everyone switches at once. I wish I could help more but that this point I have very little coming up and what I do have coming, you have sorted out.

Gina

LOL Gina!

I always appreciate your help, and you're one of the best and most reliable contributors to this thread.

The only reason we don't have Oasis sorted out is that Amy came to the end of her three years maximum on the ship, and was reassigned. Jimmy is very forthcoming with info, so once he's onboard, hopefully someone will be able to find out from him how long he'll be onboard, if it's only one contract or will he return after a break, and who the following/covering CD will be.

I think that for some ships and CDs, we can project into the future because it's two regular CDs that switch off with each other in a regular pattern. With other ships and CDs, it changes all the time.

And, even when we have confirmed info, that can change up until the time the CD actually steps onboard the ship.

Just chatted with Amy Fickert on FB, and she told me she is going to Radiance on Nov. 16

Awesome Rosebud! You're another frequent and reliable contributor to this list, and I really appreciate it!

Just chatted with Amy Fickert on FB, and she told me she is going to Radiance on Nov. 16

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown from Sept 6 until November 16, then Amy Fickert begins on November 16 (for 4 months?)

Awesome Rosebud! You're another frequent and reliable contributor to this list, and I really appreciate it!

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown from Sept 6 until November 16, then Amy Fickert begins on November 16 (for 4 months?)

No problem!

See you on Quantum!

I wish they would fill in on Grandeur for Jimmy Rhodes vacation. We enjoyed them on both Grandeur and Enchantment.

I think you mean Ricky Matthews' vacation.

(Jimmy Rhodes was supposed to be the fill-in, but he was reassigned)

You might be onto something. If the Blairs started vacation on Oct 6, then November 26 would be the perfect starting date for their next contract! I can't think of another CD who's break fits in as perfectly with this start date!

Donna, on the Aus/NZ boards on the roll call for the VOS Oct 24 sailing out of Singapore, one of our roll call members 'ozbrian' has recently posted

"This was a source of discussion early in the piece, but I've just been told that the Cruise Director for this sailing is Luke Arrowsmith (English)."

Trust this assists.

Happy cruising,

Neil

I think you mean Ricky Matthews' vacation.

(Jimmy Rhodes was supposed to be the fill-in, but he was reassigned)

You might be onto something. If the Blairs started vacation on Oct 6, then November 26 would be the perfect starting date for their next contract! I can't think of another CD who's break fits in as perfectly with this start date!

Thank you. You are correct, Ricky Martins break. Jimmy Rhodes was originally scheduled to be back on Grandeur for September - he mentioned he'd see us on the Canada New England Cruise. But the schedules, and his transition to Quantum, came.

Only possible hitch to Blairs coming (besides being tentatively listed for Enchantment) is that unless schedules change Darryl Dyball is scheduled to come back as activities manager in late November.