UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Donna, I really appreciate your hard work in keeping this site updated. We will be sailing on the Brilliance November 16th and it looks like our CD will be Clo O'Connor. I am wondering if anyone has cruised with her as CD before and what there thoughts were. Thanks.

We cruised with "Hello Clo" a couple of times. I think she is one of the best we have sailed with. If she starts at the end of Nov then she should still be on the Brilliance when we board in Dec. Looking forward to sailing with her again.

We cruised with "Hello Clo" a couple of times. I think she is one of the best we have sailed with. If she starts at the end of Nov then she should still be on the Brilliance when we board in Dec. Looking forward to sailing with her again.

Thanks for your response. The cruise is always more enjoyable with a good cruise director.

Donna, I really appreciate your hard work in keeping this site updated. Thanks.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine started on August 4 until January, then Mercedes Lafuente. (exact handover date needed)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks September 15 through sometime in November, then Ken Rush (need exact handover date)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis July 27 through November 23, then Clo O'Connor for approx 2 months until Steve returns in February

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 through Nov. 8, then John Blair from November 8 through January 8, then Marc Walker returns on January 8 for approx 4 months, followed by John Blair for approx. 2 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until early February, with Erky as his Activities Manager. Then John Blair from early February until April 4, 2014, with Katrina Blair as his Activities Manager. Then Leigh (CD) and Erky (AM) will be returning from their break on April 5, 2014 for approx. 4 months, followed by the Blairs for approx 2 months.

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey from Sept 8 until December 22, then Mike Hunnerup will be covering Richard's break from December 22 through mid-late February. Richard should be back on Freedom for one more contract mid-to-late February until mid-to-late June (needs confirmation and exact dates) before heading over to prepare for Quantum, then to prepare for Anthem, then to prepare for Oasis III.

Grandeur OTS - Ricky Matthews Sept 13 thru November 26th. Ricky Matthews will return in January for 4 months. Who will be covering Ricky's break Nov 26 through (mid to late?) January? (Daryl Dyball is returning as Activities Manager in late November)

Independence OTS - Mike Hunnerup from Sept 7 through November 2. Joff will be returning November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning at the end of May through Sept 2014 (exact dates?) (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau started Sept 7 Through early January. (Exact date? Then who? Dennis Charles?)

Legend OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 30 (until when? then who?) Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Liberty OTS - Rick Edwards Oct 6 until Feb 11

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from August 31 until December 13. (then who?)

Mariner OTS - Dan Whitney started in early September (until when?). (Rob is the Activities Manager)

Navigator OTS - John Perry from October 12 until ships goes into drydock on January 5. Then, Dave Chapman when ship returns from drydock on February 5

Oasis OTS - Dave Chapman September 14 until November 16. Jimmy Rhodes will be arriving on November 2. (Frankie began as Activities Manager on Oct 5) Rico duBriel expects to be joining Oasis in the Spring/Summer 2014 (after Vision/Panama season)

Quantum OTS - Richard Spacey will be taking the ship out, with Ken Rush helping him with behind the scenes CD duties to provide a smooth take out. They will likely remain onboard until early January 2015, then Jimmy Rhodes will take over as regular CD of this ship.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown from Sept 6 until November 16, then Amy Fickert begins on November 16 (for 4 months?)

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 until November 30. He will return on Feb 1. (Who will be filling in Nov 30 through Feb 1)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier until Nov 25. Topi Ylönen is joining Serenade on November 25

Splendour OTS - Mercedes Lafuente (until Dec 8?) then João Pereira begins Dec 8 for the South American season

Vision OTS - Anthony Richards is joining Vision on Sept 24 for revitalization and for Miami cruises (through Nov 13?) and then Rico du Breil for Panama (Nov 13 through April 26?).

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith starts on October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season

Update on Radiance ... Due to family emergency Bobby and Becky have had to take leave. Assistant CD Gordon has taken over.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine started on August 4 until January, then Mercedes Lafuente. (exact handover date needed)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks September 15 through sometime in November, then Ken Rush (need exact handover date)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis July 27 through November 23, then Clo O'Connor for approx 2 months until Steve returns in February

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 through Nov. 8, then John Blair from November 8 through January 8, then Marc Walker returns on January 8 for approx 4 months, followed by John Blair for approx. 2 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until early February, with Erky as his Activities Manager. Then John Blair from early February until April 4, 2014, with Katrina Blair as his Activities Manager. Then Leigh (CD) and Erky (AM) will be returning from their break on April 5, 2014 for approx. 4 months, followed by the Blairs for approx 2 months.

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey from Sept 8 until December 22, then Mike Hunnerup will be covering Richard's break from December 22 through mid-late February. Richard should be back on Freedom for one more contract mid-to-late February until mid-to-late June (needs confirmation and exact dates) before heading over to prepare for Quantum, then to prepare for Anthem, then to prepare for Oasis III.

Grandeur OTS - Ricky Matthews Sept 13 thru November 26th. Ricky Matthews will return in January for 4 months. Who will be covering Ricky's break Nov 26 through (mid to late?) January? (Daryl Dyball is returning as Activities Manager in late November)

Independence OTS - Mike Hunnerup from Sept 7 through November 2. Joff will be returning November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning at the end of May through Sept 2014 (exact dates?) (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau started Sept 7 Through early January. (Exact date? Then who? Dennis Charles?)

Legend OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 30 (until when? then who?) Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from August 31 until December 13. (then who?)

Mariner OTS - Dan Whitney started in early September (until when?). (Rob is the Activities Manager)

Navigator OTS - John Perry from October 12 until ships goes into drydock on January 5. Then, Dave Chapman when ship returns from drydock on February 5

Oasis OTS - Dave Chapman September 14 until November 16. Jimmy Rhodes will be arriving on November 2. (Frankie began as Activities Manager on Oct 5) Rico duBriel expects to be joining Oasis in the Spring/Summer 2014 (after Vision/Panama season)

Quantum OTS - Richard Spacey will be taking the ship out, with Ken Rush helping him with behind the scenes CD duties to provide a smooth take out. They will likely remain onboard until early January 2015, then Jimmy Rhodes will take over as regular CD of this ship.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown from Sept 6, then Amy Fickert begins on November 16 (for 4 months?) *Bobby and Becky had to leave the ship early, and Activities Manager Gordon is filling in*

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 until November 30. He will return on Feb 1. (Who will be filling in Nov 30 through Feb 1)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier until Nov 25. Topi Ylönen is joining Serenade on November 25

Splendour OTS - Mercedes Lafuente (until Dec 8?) then João Pereira begins Dec 8 for the South American season

Vision OTS - Anthony Richards is joining Vision on Sept 24 for revitalization and for Miami cruises (through Nov 13?) and then Rico du Breil for Panama (Nov 13 through April 26?).

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith starts on October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season

Was just on the Majesty. Mitch told me his replacement during his vacation will be Jerome.

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from August 31 until December 13, then Jerome Sueur (for approx. 2 months then Mitch again?)

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown from Sept 6, then Amy Fickert begins on November 16 (for 4 months?) *Bobby and Becky had to leave the ship early, and Activities Manager Gordon is filling in*

Edited by DonnaK

I am taking back what I said in other post! After my recent October 13th Freedom cruise, I am now a believer that a really good CD can make a difference. I never really paid attention them on my previous cruises, but we really enjoyed Richard Spacey throughout the cruise and on the TV. He and the Activities Manager Katie were very funny and worked very well together feeding off each other. Now I have a standard to go by and will be compaing others to the standard. I don't know if that is good or bad! :confused:

Sailing on Adventure for the Dec 1 San Juan departure. Has anyone sailed with Drew Devine yet? Any comments on what he is like as a CD?

Any insight is appreciated.

Drew is one of our favorite cruise directors. We have sailed with him five times and enjoyed each sailing. He is very down to earth, and genuinely interested in meeting people and chatting with you. The entertainment on his cruises has always been well run and enjoyable. He does a great Love & Marriage and Quest show. :)

Sailing on Adventure for the Dec 1 San Juan departure. Has anyone sailed with Drew Devine yet? Any comments on what he is like as a CD?

Any insight is appreciated.

Met Drew for the first time in Sept and he is a lovely guy.

Canadian and he has a great deal of Brit in him, big and charming with a wicked sense of humour and a lovely voice, which I think is important when coming over the tannoy.

Likes his crazy toys and trying the drink of the day on his morning show.....French Kiss came out top on 2 cruises.

Drew is one of our favorite cruise directors. We have sailed with him five times and enjoyed each sailing. He is very down to earth, and genuinely interested in meeting people and chatting with you. The entertainment on his cruises has always been well run and enjoyable. He does a great Love & Marriage and Quest show. :)

Thank you so much! That is awesome to hear :)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning at the end of May through Sept 2014 (exact dates?) (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from August 31 until December 13, then Jerome Sueur will be filling in for approx. 2 months until Mitch Merucci returns from his break in mid-February

Radiance OTS - Activities Manager Gordon is filling in as CD for Bobby/Becky Brown who had to leave the ship earlier than originally scheduled. Amy Fickert begins on November 16 (for 4 months?)

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith started October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

Edited by DonnaK

Does anyone have feedback on Jimmy Rhodes? We weren't able to book the FOTS for 12/15, so we 'defaulted' (ha!) to the Oasis on 12/15. It's my 2nd time on Oasis, so I'm thrilled, but I really was looking forward to Richard... Like another poster said, he's the standard I will compare CDs to from now on!!

Does anyone have feedback on Jimmy Rhodes? We weren't able to book the FOTS for 12/15, so we 'defaulted' (ha!) to the Oasis on 12/15. It's my 2nd time on Oasis, so I'm thrilled, but I really was looking forward to Richard... Like another poster said, he's the standard I will compare CDs to from now on!!

Read back a few pages on this thread. There is lots of feedback about Jimmy. In my experience (I cruisd with each of them a few months apart), Jimmy will surely be a huge disappointment compared to Richard. RCI must have a lot of confidence in him since they appointed him the regular CD of Quantum, but I think he's the worst CD I've sailed with on RCI or any other line.

Edited by DonnaK