All Things Adventure of the Seas

Can anyone tell me if you can still stand on the helipad? I saw a picture and it said winching only. Is that meant for the helicopters or for us too? I would sure miss my helipad... Thanks

Cindy

The pad on Indy said the same thing. I think it just means that they are not going to be landing helicopters on it.

Hello!

We are currently booked for Jan 2016, but it looks like we are going to be pushing that back to Sept/Oct 2016 for our honeymoon! We are looking to do a back to back. Anyone have any tips or advice? We have been on one cruise before and absolutely loved it, so I don't think 14 days on the ship will be a problem, especially since we will be visiting 9 ports.

I love B2Bs. If I can't book a 14-night on the ship, I do a B2b. No way I am flying to the US for a week. My next one willbe on Adventure in September 2016. My advice? Have a wonderful honeymoon and congrats on the wedding :D

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Does anyone know what cruise port Adventure stops in at St Croix? I'm trying to figure out how far it is from the Cruzan Rum Factory & Rainbow beach =) When i look on Royal Carribean.com it says St Croix USVI

Frederiksted.

Edited by davekathy

So I've been on about 10 cruises mostly on Carnival never had a bad one.

Everyone tells me oh you really need to go on RCL it's so much better.

So I'm booked on AOS for May 16th out of San Juan. I've done a similar one on Carnival.

So far the whole RCL experience has been pretty disappointing. After a week of fighting the website and several phone calls to them for help I finally just booked over the phone where I felt like I was doing the booking and they were just typing. I had to remind them of things or question them on information they had not asked instead of them asking for it themself.

We have not booked excursions yet mostly because of the website. Between it's lack of information and lack or reviews it's impossible to pick. The ones we did try to pick the website just fails to work.

Excursions I know exist don't appear in the search. Calling them gets me no where they don't give any more information then what's on the website which is nothing or I simply get the I don't know and then silence.

I'm really starting to regret trying RCL. We will make the most of it but if it's anything like the reviews I've been reading we will be sure never to book again.

So I'm booked on AOS for May 16th out of San Juan. I've done a similar one on Carnival.

So far the whole RCL experience has been pretty disappointing. After a week of fighting the website and several phone calls to them for help I finally just booked over the phone where I felt like I was doing the booking and they were just typing. I had to remind them of things or question them on information they had not asked instead of them asking for it themself.

We have not booked excursions yet mostly because of the website. Between it's lack of information and lack or reviews it's impossible to pick. The ones we did try to pick the website just fails to work.

Excursions I know exist don't appear in the search. Calling them gets me no where they don't give any more information then what's on the website which is nothing or I simply get the I don't know and then silence.

I'm really starting to regret trying RCL. We will make the most of it but if it's anything like the reviews I've been reading we will be sure never to book again.

Please try and go in with a positive attitude. We've done 7 RCI and two Carnival cruises, while the Carnival were OK I did prefer RCI. I can nit pick at either cruise line, just try and give them a fare shake. Not all cruise lines are for all folks and yes RCI's website can be a pain at times.

Enjoy your cruise.

I think you'll like the product far better than the website or the landside service:D. You'll see from my signature I've sailed on Carnival and Royal quite a few times each and I like them both. I've never found Royal as much better as the loyalists will have you believe but I can tell you there's nothing else on the seas like their ships. I think you'll love Adventure. Go with an open mind. We're on her three weeks ahead of you.

Thank you Kelly and ML for your feedback.

I do hope the experience is better on the boat then what I've seen so far.

Being that I've done a similar cruise on Carnival and have been to some of the ports already I know what's there and know some about the excursions.

Now trying to book them through the website or a CS agent that's where I'm suck. The website doesn't work for the ones I'm sure I want and when speaking to the CS agent they seem clueless about them.

For example. St. Kitts has a Senic Rail Tour. I've been on it. I loved it (I love trains) and I would love to do it again. They have offered it in the past but it's not listed. When I call they are all about "I don't know, we don't have it listed" yes I can find it on their website just not book it. I contacted the company directly and they of course said because we are coming on a cruise ship we have to book with the cruise line.

Now if it's broken or down for maint. for our trip I would understand but tell me that don't give me the I don't know game it's their job to know why do they not.

I guess I'm just use to better customer service or am just really having bad luck.

Maybe those of you that have been on this cruise and to these ports can make suggestions. I'm not a beach person per say I'm ok 30-60 min at the beach but I don't need to be there all day and burn up. I live in Florida I can go to the beach anytime I want.

I like to go sight seeing/shopping, see the culture and history, hence why I like the train ride you get to see the whole island and learn about it's history in a relaxed way.

For St. Thomas last time I was there I took the cable car to the top this was in 2013 it was still under construction at the top, but looks like it's done now as there is more shopping and a bird show, so was thinking of doing that again.

The atlantis sub is pretty awesome even at the $100 price point per person. I'll probably do that again in I think it was Aruba since I did that before at another island (don't remember which one) and enjoyed it.

When we get back I figured the San Juan city tour with airport dropoff would be good.

I'm just not sure about the other ports on what is best to do that's mild/relaxed and worth it. Shopping/Sight Seeing/History/Culture related. Think on of the ports might even have an aquarium.

Appreciate your feedback.

Usually if the excursion is not listed then it's full. We've had very good luck both on RCI and Carnival with just booking the excursions when we board the ship. I certainly understand your frustration, really it's not giving you a good first impression. I had sort of the same experience with the cruise we took three weeks ago, I just needed to know which pier we sailed from in order to book a shuttle on our return. The customer service had no idea! Oh, that was Carnival!

Usually if the excursion is not listed then it's full. We've had very good luck both on RCI and Carnival with just booking the excursions when we board the ship. I certainly understand your frustration, really it's not giving you a good first impression. I had sort of the same experience with the cruise we took three weeks ago, I just needed to know which pier we sailed from in order to book a shuttle on our return. The customer service had no idea! Oh, that was Carnival!

They did tell me they only put 2/3 of the excursions on the website and save a 1/3 for booking on the boat.

Is there a "Chef's Table" type of deal on Royal Caribbean like on Carnival. That's something I really enjoy.

I really no nothing about the boat itself been researching that would of thought the CS agent's I've spoken too would try to sell me on stuff but they don't guess that's a double edge sword good to not be pressured into something but bad that they don't tell you about anything.

They did tell me they only put 2/3 of the excursions on the website and save a 1/3 for booking on the boat.

Is there a "Chef's Table" type of deal on Royal Caribbean like on Carnival. That's something I really enjoy.

I really no nothing about the boat itself been researching that would of thought the CS agent's I've spoken too would try to sell me on stuff but they don't guess that's a double edge sword good to not be pressured into something but bad that they don't tell you about anything.

It isn't that they put 2/3 of the excursions on the website, they are all there but they do hold back a certain number of booking so that everything is not sold out for people who try to book when they board the ship.

As for the CS agents telling you about the ship, remember that most of them have probably never set foot aboard a cruise ship. Many of us here can tell you far more about the ship than most CS reps. As far as the Chef's Table, I think it is offered on most RCI ships but since it is not something we have the slightest bit of interest in it I can't give you any ifo on that.

We've been on Adventure twice, two weeks in the Caribbean in 2013 and 16 nights in the Med this past Sept. I can probably tell you almost anything you need to know about this ship, including how to get to the heli pad! Since the refit they have Giovanni's, it's next to the Windjammer which is the buffet, deck 11 if I remember correctly. One of the things I really like about this ship is the Royal Promenade, it's so easy to find your way. The public spaces are beautiful but to be honest our cabin needed the carpet, drapes and couch replaced. We've had the same cabin both times, deck 8 around the corner from "RCI online" basically that's where the computers are, they now have pervasive wifi which worked very well for us. Any other questions please ask away!

We've been on Adventure twice, two weeks in the Caribbean in 2013 and 16 nights in the Med this past Sept. I can probably tell you almost anything you need to know about this ship, including how to get to the heli pad! Since the refit they have Giovanni's, it's next to the Windjammer which is the buffet, deck 11 if I remember correctly. One of the things I really like about this ship is the Royal Promenade, it's so easy to find your way. The public spaces are beautiful but to be honest our cabin needed the carpet, drapes and couch replaced. We've had the same cabin both times, deck 8 around the corner from "RCI online" basically that's where the computers are, they now have pervasive wifi which worked very well for us. Any other questions please ask away!

We are on deck 7 we have a Promenade Room. I thought that would be different but hope it's not to noisy in the cabin.

Ship Questions:

1. Does Giovanni's need reservations?

2. Is there a "Chef's Table"? If so where do you go to make reservations and what is the cost?

3. The tour of the ship? Is it worth it? I've done this on Carnival a few times but quickly realized the ships are about all the same so once you've done it once your good. Also was a lot cheaper on Carnival.

Port Excursion Recommendations:

Day 2 - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas: Skyride To Paradise Point

Day 3 - Basseterre, St. Kitts: Would like the Senic Rail but they can't seem to tell me what's up with it. Any recommendations?

Day 5 - Oranjestad, Aruba: Atlantis Submarine Expedition

Day 6 - Willemstad, Curacao: Fascinating Curacao

Day 8 - San Juan, Puerto Rico: Old And New San Juan City Tour With Airport Drop-Off

This is kind of what I'm thinking right now but am open to recommendations.

Edited by MrSmoofy

We are on deck 7 we have a Promenade Room. I thought that would be different but hope it's not to noisy in the cabin.

Ship Questions:

1. Does Giovanni's need reservations?

2. Is there a "Chef's Table"? If so where do you go to make reservations and what is the cost?

3. The tour of the ship? Is it worth it? I've done this on Carnival a few times but quickly realized the ships are about all the same so once you've done it once your good. Also was a lot cheaper on Carnival.

Port Excursion Recommendations:

Day 2 - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas: Skyride To Paradise Point

Day 3 - Basseterre, St. Kitts: Would like the Senic Rail but they can't seem to tell me what's up with it. Any recommendations?

Day 5 - Oranjestad, Aruba: Atlantis Submarine Expedition

Day 6 - Willemstad, Curacao: Fascinating Curacao

Day 8 - San Juan, Puerto Rico: Old And New San Juan City Tour With Airport Drop-Off

This is kind of what I'm thinking right now but am open to recommendations.

I'm not sure what you mean by "chefs table?" I've heard of it but am not sure what it is. Although the ships tour would be really interesting we didn't due to the price. When we cruised the Caribbean on Serenade they had a kitchen tour then lunch in Chops Grille, it was absolutely amazing and I think it was only about $20pp. unfortunately this ship doesn't have it. We always made reservations but I'm sure you can just do this when you get on the ship, there are a lot of people that refuse to pay extra for the specialty restaurants, we are not one of them! On both our Carnival cruises we ate at the steakhouse 4 of the 7 nights! It was amazing! Your planned itinerary sounds like fun, I sure hope you get the rail tour, friends did it and said it was great.

If they still offer the "murder mystery" dinner we can highly recommend it. It was a hokey story and terrible acting but hilarious, we had such a fun night. You have dinner in Giovanni's (set menu with a few choices) and all the wine you can drink. The singer/dancers do the murder/mystery, I think it was about $60 each but such a fun evening.

As far as the Promenade room I think you'll be fine. It never been in one but reading people's posts the only noise from the Promenade is really just the parade and 70's night! They never go really late and don't last long.