All Things Adventure of the Seas

Lol, the Ben and Jerrys ice cream was one of the selling points for taking Adventure!

I do have the sign with Ben and Jerrys prices in my Enchantment Review linked in my signature. I don't know that pricing is consistent across the whole fleet, but I've found it to be in the ball park of those prices on any cruise I've been on with a Ben and Jerrys. Since I'm a teatotaler, I can't help with drink prices, but I do wish they offered a 12 step meeting for my ice cream addiction! :o

I always look forward to your reviews and am especially excited for your upcoming Adventure review. Woohoo! We booked ours just under 2 years (waaaay to long to wait) but now we are under the year mark...FINALLY!!

Mary

The first night, dinner is pushed back 30 minutes to 6:30pm.

Hi,

How about the 8:30 dinner time? Our friends will be on this cruise with us for the 1st time so would hope they don't miss the sail away. Can't remember if dinner is postponed a bit but think we were in diningroom at 8:30 last time.

NJ :)

Hi,

How about the 8:30 dinner time? Our friends will be on this cruise with us for the 1st time so would hope they don't miss the sail away. Can't remember if dinner is postponed a bit but think we were in diningroom at 8:30 last time.

Not 100% sure, but I believe the late dinner was also pushed back on the first night.

Not 100% sure, but I believe the late dinner was also pushed back on the first night.

Thanks Clare,

You're right - believe dinner was pushed back a bit. 1st nite can be a little disorganized with people getting on late/getting luggage, etc. The sail away from San Juan is really a beautiful site going past Old San Juan & El Morro so want to be sure our friends see it this time!

Thanks a lot.

How was your trip? I leave on Indy this Saturday.

Just returned from Indy.....had a great time. I hope you have a little bit better weather (not that anyone has control over that) because we had lots of overcast skies and some heavy rain at times.

It prevented me from hitting the beaches, since being on a beach in overcast skies does not interest me....I can sit by the pool during that instead, and if it rains, then it is a fast get away into an indoor area.

I enjoyed the entertainment overall....we did not go to see the juggler...I have seen enough jugglers in my life. It was the last cruise for Rock the Boat, they are now on vacation and will join Anthem when she sails....whoever does get to see them, will enjoy them.

We had Mo5aic as our headliner group and they are also very very good.

When you board, please let me know who is the Activity Manager....there have been some recent temporary changes, and I would like to know who is the AM when you board....you will have a great time. Ship herself was very nice, service good, very helpful Concierge in the DL; helpful Maitre D' in dining room because friends of ours had chosen MTD, but wanted to change and sit with us in the MDR (early seating) and our Maitre D' (Leo) took care of the change.

This is kind of a silly question but is it light outside in San Juan at 8:30pm for sail away? We leave on April 12th. Seems like it will be dark. Thanks

You are better off if it is dark. Sailing out of San Juan and past El Morro all lit up is very impressive.

I'm getting confused about the discounts for the specialty restaurants. I guess actually it is just Giovanni's on Adventure, right?

I saw on here that if you book Giovanni's the first night you get a 20% discount. I also saw on the RCI site that if you book 3 or more dinners there you get a 30% discount. Then today it says book 3 for a 20% discount and more than 3 is 30% discount. What's right?

Also, how far in advance of sailing can you book Giovanni's? I'm not sailing until July and when I go into my reservation it says I can't book yet? What if I phone? Can I book then?

I also found out I can't do any of the check-in until the sail date is in the 90 day window. I haven't sailed with RCI for awhile so this surprised me as on other cruises I could do check in right after I booked.

The reason I am anxious about booking anything I can is because RCI has a great exchange rate right now for Canadians and I heard they may change it soon since our dollar has really gone done lately. So any suggestions about booking things would be great.

I did check out the beverage packages and they are not a good deal if I pay in CAD. The package that is $35US is $49.20CAD. That's an exchange rate of 40% which is way higher than it should be. The package that is $19US is $23.37 which is 23% exchange rate. Odd that the exchange rate would not be the same for both. I just put an onboard credit on our cruise for $499US and it cost me $530CAD, just 10% exchange rate.

This is why I am trying to book anything I can ahead of time. Help appreciated.

The dry dock will be later in the year to get rid of the in line track and put in a flowrider

Any idea when this is happening? Some sort of official news from RCI?

We're sailing Jan 2016 and hoping they have it retrofitted by then! :D:D

Any idea when this is happening? Some sort of official news from RCI?

We're sailing Jan 2016 and hoping they have it retrofitted by then! :D:D

Last I heard was that Adventure would have her dry dock in late 2016.

I always look forward to your reviews and am especially excited for your upcoming Adventure review. Woohoo! We booked ours just under 2 years (waaaay to long to wait) but now we are under the year mark...FINALLY!!

Mary

Thank you Mary!! I enjoy writing them, and since I don't like to wait either, I am now am blogging about once a week (somehow a week is about 14 days for me:p) but Adventure will be really fun to write because there are so many cool ports and things to do!

I also concur with the others- don't miss San Juan sail away! It is set up so that you can finish dinner (early seating) and watch or catch it before you go to dinner (late seating) But if the time is even the tiniest bit "off", you might have to cut it short...so we plan to eat elsewhere the first night (we have MTD, so no one will "miss us";) But even if you have early or late, you could go to the maitre d and just explain you won't be there the first night, so they don't hold dinner waiting for you if you decide to eat elsewhere the first night.

Cruising past OSJ

153586856.jpg

El Morro

153586859.jpg

El Morro and the walled city at night

153586860.jpg

Fantastic pictures!! I'm definitely not missing that!! Thanks for letting me know. Are you going to be on port or starboard side? Just wondering, we're booked on starboard side and hoping to see the ports on our side. 😃

Thanks and try to stay warm. We had 242" of snow in northern MI last winter. We all had PTSD after that one.

Mary

Fantastic pictures!! I'm definitely not missing that!! Thanks for letting me know. Are you going to be on port or starboard side? Just wondering, we're booked on starboard side and hoping to see the ports on our side. 😃

Thanks and try to stay warm. We had 242" of snow in northern MI last winter. We all had PTSD after that one.

Mary

Oh boy...I'm a tough person to ask because we were in an aft cabin on Jewel. So we had views both port and starboard, but not till we left port (lol!) Also we were on Jewel which has a slightly different itinerary, so the approach to various islands would be different!

Sometimes when I am deciding on cabins, I go to the web page which has the itinerary traced out on the map, and I follow it with my finger just like the ship would do (this is called the "ant" method of navigating...pretend you are an ant and trace the route on the map... for some of us directionally impaired folks, its the only way to visualize these things!) But even if you do that, we don't really know which side of the island the ship approaches, so it's hard to tell. Maybe some who have had either port or starboard cabins could remember which views they had for each island!

For San Juan I recall that the fort and view was on the starboard side! (ding, ding, ding winner, winner! :D)

Snow, what snow? mpf argh, glump (FamilygoBoston can no longer report she has been swallowed up by snow)