All Things Adventure of the Seas

Production Shows:

Can’t Stop The Rock

Invitation to Dance

Jackpot

(Three?? Really?? welcome show, 2 HL shows, 2 Production shows, 1 ice show and a farewell show- where do they fit a third production show!?) There are only 2 Production Shows listed in the Compasses...which ones did you see on board? Can't Stop the Rock is listed in an older Compass, ITD and Jackpot are in the most recent one. Any opinions, reviews about these shows?

The last two weeks, they had two production shows each week: "Invitation to Dance" and "Can't Stop the Rock".

The last two weeks, they had two production shows each week: "Invitation to Dance" and "Can't Stop the Rock".[/color]

[/color]

Thanks Bob! I wonder if they have 3 available in case AOS does a longer itinerary, but it seems to do 7 nights all year round from SJ, so maybe they just change switch back and forth? I've never seen this before!

The last two weeks, they had two production shows each week: "Invitation to Dance" and "Can't Stop the Rock".[/color]

[/color]

Bob,

Was there ever any discussion onboard about the future deployment of Adventure. I know they never know for sure, but sometimes drop hints.

She was booked in the MED, it looked like Southampton sailings, but almost all those bookings have been shifted over to Navigator.

Any input on whether Adventure stays put year round in San Juan in 2016 or is headed to Harwich or anywhere else?

Thanks, Brad

Thanks Bob! I wonder if they have 3 available in case AOS does a longer itinerary, but it seems to do 7 nights all year round from SJ, so maybe they just change switch back and forth? I've never seen this before!

I know Adventure used to do some European itineraries, so maybe they used 3 shows then. Indy also has 3 production shows, and I've seen all 3 of them on the 8 day itinerary.

Bob,

Was there ever any discussion onboard about the future deployment of Adventure. I know they never know for sure, but sometimes drop hints.

She was booked in the MED, it looked like Southampton sailings, but almost all those bookings have been shifted over to Navigator.

Any input on whether Adventure stays put year round in San Juan in 2016 or is headed to Harwich or anywhere else?

Thanks, Brad

I heard China from several people, but I've no idea how reliable that info was.

I heard China from several people, but I've no idea how reliable that info was.

Yes. China seems to be everyone's favorite guess after last years big surprise.

I do not see any evidence of that on the port calendars around the world, but you sure never know anymore. Thanks.

[/color]

Did you go to the shows? If so what did you think of them? I value your opinion, so I would like to hear it so I will know if I want to attend in October or not. My first cruise I went to a production show and didn't really like it, Tried it on the next cruise and the same, so the last cruise I didn't bother attending!

Did you go to the shows? If so what did you think of them? I value your opinion, so I would like to hear it so I will know if I want to attend in October or not. My first cruise I went to a production show and didn't really like it, Tried it on the next cruise and the same, so the last cruise I didn't bother attending!

I am not unbiased, so I would not place much emphasis on my opinion of production shows.

I really enjoy live orchestra music, so if the musicians are good, I'm probably going to enjoy the show. The musicians on Adventure were outstanding, so I enjoyed both production shows.

Wow, this is a long thread and just no way to read all of it so I hope I am not doing a repeat and repeat. If so, sorry.

1. Can anyone help me with wine? I just like some with meals and have always ordered a wine package previously. My TA just checked for our July cruise and he says RCL has discontinued the wine packages. There is no way I would drink enough to pay $49.20pp per day. Is my only choice to buy a bottle of wine from the wine list?

2. I looked at the Compass for day 1 and it does not say if the Windjammer is open for lunch? Can we get onboard in time for lunch like we have on other cruises or should we buy lunch before boarding? Has anyone experience with what time they could get on board? Our TA was told boarding time is 1:30.

3. We just booked and the only dining time available is the my time or whatever it is called. Can we go and ask after boarding if there is any room at 8:30? If we stay with the any time dining do we make a reservation each day?

4. Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Miramar? Can you recommend a restaurant for dinner nearby? We are staying one night precruise.

Thanks to anyone who has answers.

Wow, this is a long thread and just no way to read all of it so I hope I am not doing a repeat and repeat. If so, sorry.

1. Can anyone help me with wine? I just like some with meals and have always ordered a wine package previously. My TA just checked for our July cruise and he says RCL has discontinued the wine packages. There is no way I would drink enough to pay $49.20pp per day. Is my only choice to buy a bottle of wine from the wine list? You are also allowed to bring on two bottles of wine per stateroom.

2. I looked at the Compass for day 1 and it does not say if the Windjammer is open for lunch? Can we get onboard in time for lunch like we have on other cruises or should we buy lunch before boarding? Has anyone experience with what time they could get on board? Our TA was told boarding time is 1:30. Windjammer was open for us at 11:30am on last week's cruise.

3. We just booked and the only dining time available is the my time or whatever it is called. Can we go and ask after boarding if there is any room at 8:30? If we stay with the any time dining do we make a reservation each day? You can try to change to traditional dining once onboard. Reservations are not required for My Time, it's up to you.

4. Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Miramar? Can you recommend a restaurant for dinner nearby? We are staying one night precruise.

Thanks to anyone who has answers.

Some answers in RED above.

Edited by clarea

I think those are the same production and ice shows, other that Jackpot which I have never heard of, that have been on Adventure since we first sailed on the ship in 2007.:rolleyes:

OB, I trust your opinion, if I find the shows mostly miss -able (except Oasis Class) will I be heartbroken if I miss these?

Answer, and then get right back to your shovel Dr OB ;):p

OB, I trust your opinion, if I find the shows mostly miss -able (except Oasis Class) will I be heartbroken if I miss these?

Answer, and then get right back to your shovel Dr OB ;):p

Honestly, I'd rather be out on deck with a drink having some family time rather than sitting through these shows. "Can't Stop the Rock" is doable only because one of the songs they do is "The Sounds of Silence" which is one of my favorite songs since forever. However, I have it on my I-pod so I can listen to it any time I want and if my I-pod goes dead I can find a piano or guitar and sing the song myself.:p They would have to load me up with alcohol and drag me by my feet for me to ever sit through "Invitation to Dance" again.:eek:

Honestly, I'd rather be out on deck with a drink having some family time rather than sitting through these shows. "Can't Stop the Rock" is doable only because one of the songs they do is "The Sounds of Silence" which is one of my favorite songs since forever. However, I have it on my I-pod so I can listen to it any time I want and if my I-pod goes dead I can find a piano or guitar and sing the song myself.:p They would have to load me up with alcohol and drag me by my feet for me to ever sit through "Invitation to Dance" again.:eek:

I'm with you on the Simon and Garfunkle classic! So for me that's a maybe (depending on how much I'm enjoying the evening on my balcony) and a definite "no" ;) That's just freed up some time!

Edited by Familygoboston

[/color]

Clarea,

Were the headliner and musician the same as Familygoboston posted??

Dean Austin and Clint Holmes??

If so, what did you think of either of them??

Edited by waterbugohio

Clarea,

Were the headliner and musician the same as Familygoboston posted??

Dean Austin and Clint Holmes??

If so, what did you think of either of them??

Our musical headliners were Tracey Shield and Scott Record, both excellent singer/impersonators. Tracey does Celine Dion and Scott does many people. Cannot remember the names of the comedians, but we had two per week.

Our musical headliners were Tracey Shield and Scott Record, both excellent singer/impersonators. Tracey does Celine Dion and Scott does many people. Cannot remember the names of the comedians, but we had two per week.

You must have been on the same cruise as us! We also had Tracey and Scott. I don't really care for Celine, but her show was excellent. Great talent! Scott was good, when he didn't stoop down to the potty humor.

Can't Stop the Rock was .... ummm....mostly 70's music? The show couldn't decide if it was movies, songs, or something else. It didn't really seem to have much of a theme and was all over the place. Then they tried to do some somewhat recent movie themes but it didn't really work. The ice show was FANTASTIC! They don't require tickets anymore..and we went to see it on the first sea day. Then later on in the week, that was the only night show entertainment. If we would have known it was going to be the nightly entertainment, we wouldn't have seen it during the day. We were under the impression that was our only chance. The Quest game show was hilarious.. Do not miss that! And so was the Silent Dancing...it was twice during the cruise. People listen to headphones and sing/dance to the music, but it's silent otherwise. Super fun to watch!

As for staying at the Miramar before, we did that..had a group of 12. Nice little quaint hotel. Several restaurants a few blocks up. Turn right when you exit the hotel.

Thanks Doug! That's really helpful! I will stop trying to book the ice show- which means I'm done...sea pass is printed, it's time to go (in 60 days , LOL)

Usually you can pick up a sheet upon check in that is called the "Cruise planner". Sometimes they leave one in your cabin, but I ask at check in just in case. It has a ships map on one side an lists all of the major shows and activities offered each night of the cruise, just for that reason- so people can plan which shows they'd like to see and work their specialty dining around them! I have photos of them in my reviews. They started printing them about 3-4 years ago, and I find them very helpful!

I'm with you on the Simon and Garfunkle classic! So for me that's a maybe (depending on how much I'm enjoying the evening on my balcony) and a definite "no" ;) That's just freed up some time!

If you want to stay on your balcony maybe I could bring my guitar and sing the song for you. You get the best of both worlds.:D

Can't Stop the Rock was .... ummm....mostly 70's music? The show couldn't decide if it was movies, songs, or something else. It didn't really seem to have much of a theme and was all over the place.

Yes, the more I think about it the more I remember that this show is only slightly less of a mess than "Invitation to Dance".:rolleyes:

Re my previous question regarding wine. I know I can bring 2 bottles of wine on board and I know there are all those beverage packages but does anyone know if I can still order the wine package on board and/or is there any way to order it ahead of time?

Has anyone done a B2B on Adventure? We are doing that in July. Do we have to get off the ship in San Juan the morning our first cruise ends or can we stay on? I've heard various stories including that we have to go to a certain location and be 'counted' so the ship head count is zero for that cruise.

Do we use the same sail and sign card?

Can we go off the ship, do some tourist stuff and then get back on easily?

Is the Windjammer open for lunch on Saturday?

Is there anywhere else on ship that is open for lunch?

Is the MDR menu the same each week?

Looking for some reasonable priced things to do at the ports (St Kitts, St Thomas, Curacao & Aruba). Don't mind booking myself and not thru RC. Going March 29th.

We took a taxi to Cockleshell Beach on St. Kitts. Cost $7 per person, one-way, for the taxi, and about $20 for two beach chairs and an umbrella.