Status Match Question

Sheltieluv

I just got my status match. I submitted it online about a week and a half ago. So doing it online does work at least for me.

That's great news. Thanks for letting us know. I submitted mine this week so I will keep you posted.

Does anyone know ... do they match one time or is it if your status changes they'll match? For example, right now we are Bronze on NCL, but after our next cruise we will be Gold. So, if I do the match now, will they match me later too or should I wait until after I make Gold status?

TIA!

Does anyone know ... do they match one time or is it if your status changes they'll match? For example, right now we are Bronze on NCL, but after our next cruise we will be Gold. So, if I do the match now, will they match me later too or should I wait until after I make Gold status?

TIA!

I would wait until after you turn Gold if your cruise with MSC is after that.

TIA!

You can only apply once so I would wait until after your next sailing to apply,,:)

You get the discount right away. I booked my June cruise and paid the deposit, then matched my NCL status (NCL Gold to MSC Silver), and the 5% came off my total amount due immediately. Great perk!

That's great news! I filled out the form several weeks ago and haven't heard anything, so after reading this thread I called. The agent sent me an email for me to resubmit it through him. He said they are swamped with requests. Looks like we'll be giving MSC a try next spring.

Small word of warning. When they originally sent my status match documents, it showed us as MSC Gold. The website showed me as Silver though. My TA called them, and they had mistakenly sent the match as Gold, and we are correctly Silver. My guess is that they originally took our double points for booking NCL 9 months out into consideration, then realized they shouldn't. My TA tried to fight it, but they wouldn't budge. Doesn't really matter to us, Silver is fine, but just be careful if you have lots of NCL double points.

I was driving myself crazy late one night, trying to gat a screen shot attached to the MSC form. I finally succeeded but then the form would not let me check one of the boxes which had to be checked. It was maddening because I had spent so much time getting to that point and now MSC was working against me.

Then a little light dawned, and I went to the Celebrity site where both my wife and I show as Elite+. I took a picture of the pages showing our X status, attached them to an email, and sent them off to MSC with a note of explanation as to why I had to do it in this fashion. I added that we understood the MSC rules and agreed with them and sent it off.

Around 9:30 the next morning, I received an email from a nice woman at MSC saying we were approved at the Black level and giving us our membership numbers.

Eight days later we boarded the Divina and were handed our black cards. So easy. As the Pennsylvania Dutch say "Too soon old, too late smart"

Does anyone know what the MSC status match is for Celebrity Select level?

RCI Diamond and Diamond plus, which are matched at BLACK, are Elite in Celebrity .

As Select is below Elite by one level I would hazard a guess , and it is only a guess, that Select being matched to Gold

Edited by Skier52

RCI Diamond and Diamond plus, which are matched at BLACK, are Elite in Celebrity .

As Select is below Elite by one level I would hazard a guess , and it is only a guess, that Select being matched to Gold

That's right, I've just got Gold as a match for my Celebrity Select status.

I'm very happy that I just got matched Gold for my NCL Silver. I was 7 points away from NCL Gold and was actually researching squeezing in another NCL cruise before our Divina cruise just to up our MSC status. Looks like I don't have to now! ( but might anyway :D ) Pretty excited about it!

Can I get the 5% off my currently booked MC cruise? I'm not sailing until Feb 2017 but I want to pay it off in full this month.

Edited by AEckhardt

Hi ,

I filled out the online form on their website. Not sure if it went through , all that came up was a box saying it was send . Does their website work?

I did the same thing but didn't hear anything back from them. I ended up calling and spoke to a representative who sent me the form to complete and then email back to her. Once I did that it was completed within 24 hours. The weird thing is that I am platinum on NCL and I was matched at black which is great, but my sister is silver (3 points from Gold) on NCL and they matched her as classic. I double-checked with the representative thinking that maybe they had made a mistake and she sent me this:

Bronze and Silver = Classic

Gold = Silver

Platinum = Black

I have been reading that some others were matched to Silver when Silver on NCL. I would say they got lucky and enjoy :).

Thanks Annietownsend

Will have to call them. Not sure what I will get for Carnival Gold. I'm having some difficulty linking my existing account with my current booking and finding my boarding and luggage tickets. I find that their website has a lot of glitches.