Status Match Question

Sheltieluv

Good morning. I am Gold on Carnival and Platinum on RCCL. Does anyone know where either one of these would put me on MSC? Trying to figure out which info to submit. :)

Silly me...all I had to do was call. So if anyone needs to know:

RCCL- Platinum equals Silver

Carnival Gold equals Silver

:):):)

I find it incredible that we don't have to start at the bottom.

Silly me...all I had to do was call. So if anyone needs to know:

RCCL- Platinum equals Silver

Carnival Gold equals Silver

:):):)

I find it incredible that we don't have to start at the bottom.

It does seem very generous to status match... then again the perks offered in the MSC Voyagers Club are hardly the most generous or comparable to other cruise lines.

I understand they really cut back the perks to their loyal customer base just before introducing the status match... almost defeats the purpose of 'loyalty scheme'.

Still... I'm not complaining! :)

It does seem very generous to status match... then again the perks offered in the MSC Voyagers Club are hardly the most generous or comparable to other cruise lines.

I understand they really cut back the perks to their loyal customer base just before introducing the status match... almost defeats the purpose of 'loyalty scheme'.

Still... I'm not complaining! :)

I agree, it doesn't seem fair.....maybe it is a way to get new customers, especially since it is relatively new to the USA....but I really don't see this any different than the way RCCL has their "weekly promo's" trying to get a new clientele. :eek: All I know is I just may be a new long time customer for MSC!!!:) ESPECIALLY if they bring a ship to New York.

Edited by champagne123
ggggg

I agree, it doesn't seem fair.....maybe it is a way to get new customers, especially since it is relatively new to the USA....but I really don't see this any different than the way RCCL has their "weekly promo's" trying to get a new clientele. :eek: All I know is I just may be a new long time customer for MSC!!!:) ESPECIALLY if they bring a ship to New York.

Oh for sure it's a way to get new customers.

People can be fiercely loyal to a cruise line, and once you've got those top-tier perks it must be difficult to switch.

As the status matching is available out with the USA as well, I don't know if it's specifically designed to appeal to those cruisers. I'm in the UK and took advantage of the status matching. An instant 5% discount is a welcome perk IMO!

Really the only worthwhile one in the black for me ...is the free dinner in specialty rest....and maybe the black party.....but compared to what I get for plat on Princess and three stars on HAl......that is really peanuts...not worth the hassle

Can someone explain the specialty restaurant dinner - in another thread someone said it was only one restaurant and it was sushi??

It depends on which class of ship you are on.

On the Musica class there is only one restaurant. and on Orchestra it is a Oriental fusion diner. The Free BLACK members' meal is a set tasting menu which included sushi as a second course. There were also Chinese dishes and Thai dishes.

I believe there are more diners to choose from on Fantasia class ships.

Again I believe Lirica Class ships have only one speciality diner.

Pete

I completed the status match on the MSC website and the next day was made a silver member due to my numerous cruises on NCL. After a phone call to MSC and to the booking agency, I got 5% credited back on my cruise for next month, since it was already paid in full. Not bad, not bad at all!

I completed the status match on the MSC website and the next day was made a silver member due to my numerous cruises on NCL. After a phone call to MSC and to the booking agency, I got 5% credited back on my cruise for next month, since it was already paid in full. Not bad, not bad at all!

Very nice, congrats :)

Enjoy your cruise next month. ;)

Cheers,

I submitted all my info about a month ago and never heard from them. Looked at my status and all is as it should be, but it sure seem MSC could do a better job of communicating.

Congrats getting your status matched. I think it's great that MSC will even offer to match our status and the 5% discount is a very nice bonus too.

Enjoy your MSC cruise, love the different cruise itineraries.

Cheers,

Would a photo of my last Princess cruise card be sufficient to apply? We are platinum with Princess. Would that make us Gold with MSC?

Also, does anyone have the email address to send to as I don't think the website option is working.Thank you

Edited by Suzez

Would a photo of my last Princess cruise card be sufficient to apply? We are platinum with Princess. Would that make us Gold with MSC?

Also, does anyone have the email address to send to as I don't think the website option is working.Thank you

here you go as you are UK based

StatusMatch@msccruises.co.uk.

Pete

I had to submit 2x using the online form. Platinum with NCL made me Black on MSC. I did a screen shot showing my Latitudes status, pasted it into a word doc and then attached it to the online form.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The website is working, just misleading. When you fill out the form and submit, you must scroll down and there you will find some wording that directs you to click a link which takes you to another page where you fill out everything again:rolleyes:

But we got our match in 3 hours. Ncl Platinum to MSC Black.

Did you use it on a cruise?

On my recent cruise on Orchestra I was told, by the future cruise consultant, that after 1 cruise the points are reset to zero ie welcome.

Another guest was told the same thing by the guest relations manager

We are both black card holders , but not through status match

HERE is a link to the thread where we both post our comments about it

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2347209

Pete

I really hope it's true . It was absolutely not fair to MSC cruisers to give status match from other lines.

I have just received our membership status and we are GOLD. It does say 5% Discount off all your bookings with MSC Cruises. We however, have not taken this discount as we booked before the membership arrived and have already had a very good discount on our cruise. We don't want to be too greedy.

However, it does say online you can get on board credit. Is that just on certain cruises?

I have just received our membership status and we are GOLD. It does say 5% Discount off all your bookings with MSC Cruises. We however, have not taken this discount as we booked before the membership arrived and have already had a very good discount on our cruise. We don't want to be too greedy.

However, it does say online you can get on board credit. Is that just on certain cruises?

You should get your TA to add the membership number on and mention the discount. Worst they can say is no, but the discount you already have is probably from the TA, whereas this discount is from MSC.

I had the discount retroactively applied to my booking and it didn't affect the discount my TA offered.

You should get your TA to add the membership number on and mention the discount. Worst they can say is no, but the discount you already have is probably from the TA, whereas this discount is from MSC.

I had the discount retroactively applied to my booking and it didn't affect the discount my TA offered.

I've emailed our agent, one can but try :)