I'm a cruise addict and I'm proud!

mets550

My name is Josh, and I am a cruise addict.

I don't know why, but I just love love love talking about cruises, reading about cruises, etc. I can't help myself. I love planning, researching, etc., and I totally empathize with those of you who see the compass for your upcoming cruise and become "stressed" thinking about how you will fit all the activities into your schedule. Whenever anyone talks about cruising, my eyes and ears light up. I feel like thinking about cruising is just about my favorite thing to do, aside from cruising itself.

Am I alone or do others share my affliction??

You are now past the first step Josh ! :p welcome! You will find many here like you, myself included!

I am so obsessed with it, the planning and researching is as much fun as the cruise itself! :eek: well not quiet but you know what I mean!

I don't know why, but I just love love love talking about cruises, reading about cruises, etc. I can't help myself. I love planning, researching, etc., and I totally empathize with those of you who see the compass for your upcoming cruise and become "stressed" thinking about how you will fit all the activities into your schedule. Whenever anyone talks about cruising, my eyes and ears light up. I feel like thinking about cruising is just about my favorite thing to do, aside from cruising itself.

Hi, don't feel bad, you aren't alone, I to am a cruise addict. Have cruised since 1982, go on a cruise, then come home and start saving for the next one. Was suppose to go on a cruise in April, but had to postpone it, as my dad went on hospice in Feb and past away in March. Now, the cruise is in 9 days!!:D:D Have never been to Canada/New England and I can't wait, got to eat one of them lobsters, I'm already drooling. My ears also perk up whenever I hear about someone talk about their cruise. Cruising can be addictive.

Virginia

Obviously, you are not alone, or this wouldn't be such an active website!

I just said to my DH last night, with our cruise coming up in just over a month :D that we had better make sure to book our next years cruise while on board or I'll go into withdrawal.

Oh I was a cruise addict too. I got help for it and now I am cured!! We joined a 12-step program for our addiction. We meet with other cruise addicts atleast once every three or four months. We usually meet in the Diamond lounge or Concierge lounge. Believe me your life will change once you realize your addicted and get help. By then you'll be at least a Diamond member and you can ask the concierge to throw an olive in your drink!

Totally addicts. We live by the beach at the gulf and we still try to cruise at least every other month. My friend thinks it is a habit-NO WAY!!!!! We love our beaches, but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cruising to the caribbean and will never get tired of it.

I'm an addict also, so is my DH and DD10. My parents are too! That is almost all we talk about when we get together.

My co-workers just don't get it. Only one has been on a cruise so we talk sometimes. I don't even tell them anymore when I go. I think they think I'm nuts or just jealous!

It is the best vacation, there is nothing like it!!

Happy Cruising! :)

Toni

Oh I was a cruise addict too. I got help for it and now I am cured!! We joined a 12-step program for our addiction. We meet with other cruise addicts atleast once every three or four months. We usually meet in the Diamond lounge or Concierge lounge. Believe me your life will change once you realize your addicted and get help. By then you'll be at least a Diamond member and you can ask the concierge to throw an olive in your drink!

That was funny!:D

Hi, My name is BecciBoo and I am an addict. I have been hooked for 6 long years. But thanks to that addiction, we made diamond and will be looking for you guys on Voyager in High Notes in November! Thank God we have never fallen off the wagon(err ship)!

My name is Chuck and I too am a cruise addict. As a matter of fact, my DW is an enabler. It appears that my addiction is so great, that I have influenced one of my co-workers to give it a try. I have a feeling he will become addicted also.

I am also a cruise addict and if it wasn't for DH, it would be worse! Living in FL, makes it so easy and this year we will have a record of 5 cruises!!:D:D The most before that was 3. My reasoning for this year was that I wanted to get to D+ before any changes to the C & A.

DH has told me that I only get ONE cruise next year!!!!:mad: I think depression will be setting in after our cruise in Dec. Of course, if I could find a deal that I can't pass up for 2011.......;):D.

I have resorted to going on a couple of "girl's cruises" in the last year and a half so DH would be o.k. with it. He is ready for some land vacations.:(

My name is Tim, and I am a cruise addict. I can also speak for my wife as we share this affliction.

The only known cure is to cruise more and more frequently. Eventually I think we may move on-board The World to see if it offers a cure. LOL (yes, I'm dreaming).

My name is Brigitte and DH and I are cruise addicts we were in therapy for our addiction. It did not going well and we were kicked out when wer started talking about our next planned cruise by mistake during a session!! It is so easy living in Orlando! Oh well!

You are far from being alone. The only thing you are missing is that you forgot to tell the group that you have no shame with spending your kids inheritance on cruising! I finally admitted it last week after 20 cruises.

Archived