Category DO - Deluxe Obstructed Oceanview Balcony

Price-wise not much difference from inside and OV.

Should I be concern? Is the obstruction mainly from the lifeboat?

For the itinerary I am seeing (January 3, 2015),

DO is $1069,

K (inside) is $1079,

H (OV) is $1059,

G (OV) is $1099,

F (OV - forward facing 302 sq ft) is $1159

I would definitely do an DO over the inside, not sure about over an ocean view. I doubt anyone that can talk about it right now really knows how obstructed the DO. You might look at the deck plans and the pictures of the outside of the ship to try to figure it out.

Price-wise not much difference from inside and OV.

Should I be concern? Is the obstruction mainly from the lifeboat?

For the itinerary I am seeing (January 3, 2015),

DO is $1069,

K (inside) is $1079,

H (OV) is $1059,

G (OV) is $1099,

F (OV - forward facing 302 sq ft) is $1159

I think I would pay $260 more and get an D8.Like cabin #8650 Larger Balcony, No obstruction.

Jimbo:)

I've got an OV on hold so I can show DH before making the final decision. From the picture on their website, I'm thinking most of what will be obstructed is our view down of the water. Does anyone else see it that way as well? I personally don't care because I get seasick so looking down at the water is not the best idea anyway. As it is, if I read on the balcony I always have to angle my chair so I can't see the water. As long as I have a place to sit outside and listen to the water when I need to be away from people, that's fine by me! And it was only $300 more total over the inside room.

Now we only have 684 days to wait! And watch for price drops! :D

I did the same thing and booked this DO instead of OV. Mine is 50% obstructed. For the slight price difference it will be nice having the balcony for extra room and fresh air at the very least! I am booked on the 3-1-15 cruise.

How did you know it is 50% obstructed? I can't find where it says for different cabin :confused:

With my newly acquired Emerald discount the DO's are actually cheaper than the insides on a few of the 10-12 nighters... For $20 less I'll take an obstructed balcony... 25...50...75% actually I highly doubt the 75% unless the lifeboat is directly outside the door and you have to lay on the balcony to see under it ;)

We're "inside people" and just did 13 nights in one 2 wks ago without issue but for less $$ I'll take one for the team and go in a DO lol

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

Edited by Beth C

We just booked the 4/12/15 12 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise. An obstructed balcony (DO) was $150 cheaper than an inside cabin using our Diamond+ $350 balcony discount.

I chose cabin 6272 as it's next to an unobstructed balcony cabin. It should be by the front of a lifeboat as opposed to the rear which is taller.

I just booked an obstructed balcony this afternoon. I was going with an OV, because I figured for a winter cruise(12/12/14) I really didn't need a balcony. When I went to book it a little pop up saying for just $7 more a day you can get an obstructed balcony. So I figured for the extra $120 it might be nice to be able to have it just in case we have some good weather. I have an aft balcony on the new ncl breakaway in October so it will be nice to compare the 2 new ships. By the way I'm in cabin 6192.

We just booked the 4/12/15 12 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise. An obstructed balcony (DO) was $150 cheaper than an inside cabin using our Diamond+ $350 balcony discount.

I chose cabin 6272 as it's next to an unobstructed balcony cabin. It should be by the front of a lifeboat as opposed to the rear which is taller.

I also booked a DO because of the balcony discount.

With my newly acquired Emerald discount the DO's are actually cheaper than the insides on a few of the 10-12 nighters... For $20 less I'll take an obstructed balcony... 25...50...75% actually I highly doubt the 75% unless the lifeboat is directly outside the door and you have to lay on the balcony to see under it ;)

We're "inside people" and just did 13 nights in one 2 wks ago without issue but for less $$ I'll take one for the team and go in a DO lol

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

For the inaugural sailing that we booked, it was $100 cheaper with our diamond discount to do a balcony over an inside or oceanview. Since it was cheaper, we figured we don't mind if it is obstructed. And like someone else mentioned, I figured it's mostly if your looking down at the water, not in the distance. We mostly like it to get some photos of port while we are docked and to see the sunset, so I don't think the obstruction will prevent any of that.

I agree, if it was 75% overall, the lifeboat would pretty much have to be level next to your balcony, not below you!

Can you tell me where your TA is finding the info on the obstruction percentage?

I just booked cabin 6160 as it seemed best choice of the obstructed cabins. By what the RCCL rep said all the cabins are 50% obstructed just from not being able to see the view right below. Not too much of a big concern for us though.

I just booked cabin 6160 as it seemed best choice of the obstructed cabins. By what the RCCL rep said all the cabins are 50% obstructed just from not being able to see the view right below. Not too much of a big concern for us though.

I wonder why 6160 is obstructed. I do not see any lifeboats in that area.