Do I need to complete Online Check-In before...

Booked a GTY stateroom, but do not yet have an assignment. We do have 28 days to go before the cruise. ;)

Do I need to complete Online Check-In before being assigned a stateroom number or are they assigned at any time? Obviously, I have not completed the Check-In. I normally don't do so until I get all my travel plans in order...or about two weeks out from the cruise.

What's your experience with GTY's? :)

You could complete your online check in now, and then wait to print your documents and set sail pass, until closer to your cruise. That way if they assign your cabin number, before you get to the pier, it will be on your documents.

Edited by A Pisces

You could complete your online check in now, and then wait to print your documents and set sail pass, until closer to your cruise. That way if they assign your cabin number, before you get to the pier, it will be on your documents.

Good idea!

There's no relationship between completing online check-in and getting a stateroom assignment.

TY :)

There's no relationship between completing online check-in and getting a stateroom assignment.

OK, so I finally got around to doing our Online Check-In today. ;)

Guess what...this afternoon, we have an assignment. I wish I had waited until closer to the cruise, now. :rolleyes:

Now I need some advice. I realize that I can call RCCL and have them change our stateroom to another stateroom in the category that we received...or upgrade with more cash. However, can I downgrade? Here's why:

We booked a GTY Cat. D6. The stateroom that we received is a Cat. D2. It appears that all remaining (of which there are many) Cat. D2's are connecting staterooms. Are all Cat. D2's connecting on the ship?

My biggest PHOBIA is having a connecting hotel room or stateroom. :eek: It creeps me out! Plus, with staterooms, this makes the sofa a loveseat, or a loveseat a chair.

So, I need to make a change. What should I do?

1. Downgrade. And to where?

Most all D categories are showing GTY. :(

The D3's have availability, but are under the pool decks. They actually cost more than what we paid, but doable at $80 total.

2. Upgrade.

Plenty of D1's, but that would mean an upgrade price of $140 pp. This for a 2 night cruise. :eek: Yesterday, we could have upgraded to a FB for $100 total. My DH said, let's just stay in the D. Now all of the FB are gone. :(

And before someone says "you got what you booked and paid for", we were perfectly happy with a Cat. D category. It just never occurred to us that we would be placed in a connecting stateroom! If we had children, that would have been a different story.

Edited by Iamthesea

OK, so I finally got around to doing our Online Check-In today. ;)

Guess what...this afternoon, we have an assignment. I wish I had waited until closer to the cruise, now. :rolleyes:

Now I need some advice. I realize that I can call RCCL and have them change our stateroom to another stateroom in the category that we received...or upgrade with more cash. However, can I downgrade? Here's why:

We booked a GTY Cat. D6. The stateroom that we received is a Cat. D2. It appears that all remaining (of which there are many) Cat. D2's are connecting staterooms. Are all Cat. D2's connecting on the ship?

My biggest PHOBIA is having a connecting hotel room or stateroom. :eek: It creeps me out! Plus, with staterooms, this makes the sofa a loveseat, or a loveseat a chair.

So, I need to make a change. What should I do?

1. Downgrade. And to where?

Most all D categories are showing GTY. :(

The D3's have availability, but are under the pool decks. They actually cost more than what we paid, but doable at $80 total.

2. Upgrade.

Plenty of D1's, but that would mean an upgrade price of $140 pp. This for a 2 night cruise. :eek: Yesterday, we could have upgrade to a FB for $100 total. My DH said, let's just stay in the D. Now all of the FB are gone. :(

And before someone says "you got what you booked and paid for", we were perfectly happy with a Cat. D category. It just never occurred to us that we would be placed in a connecting stateroom! If we had children, that would have been a different story.

You cannot usually change categories once assigned a stateroom from a guarantee. However, if you call them (or your travel agent if you used one) and ask for a non-connecting stateroom, maybe they will grant your request. If you do call, please come back and let us know what happened.

Edited by clarea

You cannot usually change categories once assigned a stateroom from a guarantee. However, if you call them (or your travel agent if you used one) and ask for a non-connecting stateroom, maybe they will grant your request. If you do call, please come back and let us know what happened.

I will call tomorrow. It seems that most or all of the cat. D3's are also connecting. I have never seen so many connecting staterooms on a ship! Not being familiar with this Oasis class of ship, I am surprise. Different stateroom set-up from the Voyager and Freedom classes.

After I get this situation figured out, it seems that I have to worry about whether the bed is by the balcony or the bath. A second phobia is being near the bath, because it is near the hallway door. :D

Maybe it is only with Celebrity that we are allowed to ask for a change in stateroom, as long as it is within the category one is assigned or lower. I know that they will allow us to upgrade for a fee.;)

Edited by Iamthesea

I will call tomorrow. It seems that most or all of the cat. D3's are also connecting. I have never seen so many connecting staterooms on a ship! Not being familiar with this Oasis class of ship, I am surprise. Different stateroom set-up from the Voyager and Freedom classes.

After I get this situation figured out, it seems that I have to worry about whether the bed is by the balcony or the bath. A second phobia is being near the bath, because it is near the hallway door. :D

Maybe it is only with Celebrity that we are allowed to ask for a change in stateroom, as long as it is within the category one is assigned or lower. I know that they will allow us to upgrade for a fee.;)

Good luck! Hopefully you get it worked out.

This seems a good example of why if you have certain requirements, booking a Guaranty probably isn't the best idea.

It was the only way to get a Cat. D when we booked a couple of weeks ago. Cruise is at the end of the month. All Cat. D's were GTY. We were not willing to pay for a JS which was $999pp (at the time) for a 2 night cruise. We wanted an outside balcony.

We have only booked a GTY two times out of 29 cruises. The other was also with RCCL about 3 weeks out. Did not fill out paperwork until the deadline. Did not receive a stateroom assignment until we got to the pier. It was an upgrade from the Inside GTY that we had to book (as nothing else was available for Bermuda) to an OV. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

It's a 2 night cruise?

Keep the cabin they gave you.

The connecting door locks and no one except housekeeping staff can unlock it. No one is going to come sneaking into your cabin.

They will not let you "change categories". At this point, if the connecting cabins are all left over, then they use those for the guarantee bookers.

You booked a guarantee D balcony cabin. You received a D balcony cabin.

Now enjoy your cruise!

I always enter everything g

They can change cabins on you even on the day so don't fret on that part just reprint in last two days

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You have up until "3" days prior to departure to print your SetSail Pass.

I called C&A. ;) The very nice rep, Michelle, changed me to another D2 on Deck 11 (was previously on Deck 12.)

The new stateroom is not connected to another, and it is mid ship. Easy to get to the Forward or Aft elevators. :) Still shocked that there are only 2 sets of elevator banks on that huge ship.

I offered to upgrade my stateroom, but apparently there is way more availability on that cruise than shown on the website. The rep says there was no problem to move us without spending anymore money.:D

The only downside is that the stateroom bed is by the bath. No big deal in the long run. We have a full couch and no creepy connecting door. I'm happy! :)

Edited by Iamthesea