2 cruise ship passengers were arrested....

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:37 PM.
Maryland
10,404 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by pjewell910
I am in Bermuda now. On the way to and from horseshoe bay we talk to the taxi drivers about this situation. Not only did they say the punks got what they deserved for acting like thugs (as one driver put it). But they both said a Bermudian paid the tourists fines.
Reading the Bermuda press some Bermudians have that opinion. That does not make it right. As far as the tourists fines the Bermudian who made that offer changed his mind and now believes that the tourists used excessive force. I have linked to his letter withdrawing his offer to pay the fine.

http://www.royalgazette.com/letters-...-is--withdrawn
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles
2,165 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Originally posted by Charles4515
So......the implication is that the locals who were beat up were allegedly attempting to rob the cruise passengers who were arrested.....

Hmm.

You may have inferred that but I did not see it implied at all.
Maryland
10,404 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by Maniacal Cruiser
You may have inferred that but I did not see it implied at all.
I infer you did not comprehend my post as intended. The post you replied to when resurrecting that old thread was referring to a news article published at the time of the arrests. There were more articles published after that. The locals who were beat up were charged with robbery. The cruise passengers were fined for an excessive response to the robbery.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles