How does the Unlimited Soda Package work?

bexdisney

I am thinking of getting the unlimited soda & more package on an upcoming cruise. I know that you get a sticker on your cruise card that lets the waiters know that you have the package. So do you just have to show them your card and then ask for a Diet Coke? You also get a cup too, right? If you bring the cup with you do you have to show your card also?

I am thinking of getting the unlimited soda & more package on an upcoming cruise. I know that you get a sticker on your cruise card that lets the waiters know that you have the package. So do you just have to show them your card and then ask for a Diet Coke? You also get a cup too, right? If you bring the cup with you do you have to show your card also?

It's just like buying a drink. You "pay" for it with your card but you aren't charged. You used to get a cup but I don't know if you still do or not. The cup doesn't work as proof of the package as anybody could use the cup. You must present your card. If you frequent the same venue regularly they will probably just learn your number and you won't have to show your card. I know that's how it's worked for me with the alcoholic beverage package. It took a day or two for the bartenders in a couple of bars to know me and, after that, they didn't need my card. Don't feel limited to the small number of mocktails they have on their menu. Any drink that is normally made with alcohol but can be made without is fair game.

It's just like buying a drink. You "pay" for it with your card but you aren't charged. You used to get a cup but I don't know if you still do or not. The cup doesn't work as proof of the package as anybody could use the cup. You must present your card. If you frequent the same venue regularly they will probably just learn your number and you won't have to show your card. I know that's how it's worked for me with the alcoholic beverage package. It took a day or two for the bartenders in a couple of bars to know me and, after that, they didn't need my card. Don't feel limited to the small number of mocktails they have on their menu. Any drink that is normally made with alcohol but can be made without is fair game.

Thrak,

Tell the truth every bartender on all of the Princesses ships know you by your First Name..;) :D

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

I don't think they ever even looked at the number on any of my cruises - they saw the sticker and gave me a soda. Yes, you get a tumbler when you buy the package. I gave everyone one of them last year at our Christmas get-together! I don't use the tumbler on the ship - just something to carry around.

I don't think they ever even looked at the number on any of my cruises - they saw the sticker and gave me a soda. Yes, you get a tumbler when you buy the package. I gave everyone one of them last year at our Christmas get-together! I don't use the tumbler on the ship - just something to carry around.

I only had the Soda and More package once but my wife immediately confiscated the insulated cup and used it for tea. I certainly had no interest in lugging the thing around. She still has the cup and the hard straw that goes with it.

The DW always gets the soft drink package as she is a coke-aholic and drinks a lot of diet coke. Last cruise she had the package but as usual managed to lose the cup within the first few days. With the cup though they tend not to ask to see the card but certainly are suppose to do it. It is worth the money if you drink enough. You can get any mixed drink as a mocktail just by leaving the alcohol out but in my case that would be an empty glass! ;p

The DW always gets the soft drink package as she is a coke-aholic and drinks a lot of diet coke. Last cruise she had the package but as usual managed to lose the cup within the first few days. With the cup though they tend not to ask to see the card but certainly are suppose to do it. It is worth the money if you drink enough. You can get any mixed drink as a mocktail just by leaving the alcohol out but in my case that would be an empty glass! ;p

Is that an empty scotch?:confused:

You show your cruise card to the waiter or bar tender, ask for the drink of choice, and they bring it to you. In my experience they just need to see the sticker, they do not swipe the card.

Bringing the cup is optional, and truthfully, why carry it around. The cup is not a substitute for showing the cruise card sticker.