Luggage Set?

cynthiacruz

You can take as many as you want! Carry ons have to meet Carnival requirements regarding size, and just how many carry ons can a person carry?!?!

Don't buy black--everyone else seems to--get something easily identified.

I recently got a purple bag swivel bag. Really nice. Went to put the lock on it and the zipper hole is oblong, not round. Had a hard time putting the lock on it. Something I never thought to check!

Consider the stewards who have to lug all that luggage around and that is why they limit it to 2 checked pieces - some of them are massive. Do you really need all that stuff - as you have probably heard already - pack and then remove half of it and you still won't use half of what you take. Once you see what everyone else is wearing you will rethink a lot of what you have packed. Also, I found that there were so many drop dead gorgeous people on board no one took a 2nd or even 3rd look at me - I could have been wearing burlap for all anyone cared. Took me a few cruises to learn my lessons though. Also, don't buy real expensive set of luggage - it is tossed around and could be under 6 other suitcases - a lot of people say their luggage was destroyed. I only use a very old, yard sale suitcase (cost me $3) when I cruise - no one cares and my suitcase is always one of the first ones delivered - I think they feel sorry for me.

Following is from the CCL site under FAQ -

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds (22.68 Kilograms) and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (40.64 cm x 60.96 cm); there are no length restrictions. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage.

Alternatively, curbside porters are available at the pier to take luggage to the vessel for delivery to your stateroom by shipboard personnel. Customary tip is $1 per bag. Please be sure each piece of luggage is unlocked and has a tag listing your name and stateroom number. Curbside porters are not employees of Carnival; therefore, if you experience any problems, please report them to porter management on site.

For those flying to the embarkation port on domestic carriers, please check your airline's latest policy on free & checked luggage, size & weight restrictions (typically it's 44 lbs. maximum - 50 lbs. max is usually for international flights) Oversized & overweight luggages carry extra $$$ charges. Most 25" checked roller suitcase packed full will easily exceed 40 lbs. in weight .... not exactly fun to haul around doing Express Self Walkoff or Disembarkation, pulling them along the gangways, steps & escalators, and elevators and long corridors or passage ways into the terminal/taxi stand without porter assistance.

You can take as many as you'd like. But, I must warn you, don't take new luggage. On our recent Dream cruise, a suitcase which had only been used once was destroyed by the fork lift. Even worse, Carnival refused to replace it. The suitcase would still hold clothing, but the front pocket was ripped off. We got a letter telling us to have the luggage repaired and they would 'consider' paying for the repair. There is NOWHERE in this town to have luggage repaired, and we were laughed at when we tried the shoe repair store. So, pack as much as you like but don't use expensive or new luggage. :(

Consider the stewards who have to lug all that luggage around and that is why they limit it to 2 checked pieces - some of them are massive. Do you really need all that stuff - as you have probably heard already - pack and then remove half of it and you still won't use half of what you take. Once you see what everyone else is wearing you will rethink a lot of what you have packed. Also, I found that there were so many drop dead gorgeous people on board no one took a 2nd or even 3rd look at me - I could have been wearing burlap for all anyone cared. Took me a few cruises to learn my lessons though. Also, don't buy real expensive set of luggage - it is tossed around and could be under 6 other suitcases - a lot of people say their luggage was destroyed. I only use a very old, yard sale suitcase (cost me $3) when I cruise - no one cares and my suitcase is always one of the first ones delivered - I think they feel sorry for me.

Perfect. I cruise with my yardsale luggage too:D

You can take as many as you'd like. But, I must warn you, don't take new luggage. On our recent Dream cruise, a suitcase which had only been used once was destroyed by the fork lift. Even worse, Carnival refused to replace it. The suitcase would still hold clothing, but the front pocket was ripped off. We got a letter telling us to have the luggage repaired and they would 'consider' paying for the repair. There is NOWHERE in this town to have luggage repaired, and we were laughed at when we tried the shoe repair store. So, pack as much as you like but don't use expensive or new luggage. :(

That's why I buy cheap and bring duct tape;)

I have been using 1 small luggage bag I got from walmart, but since this is a 7 day trip I feel like I need 1 large one. I also use those storage bags and vacuum all the air out. and carry just my purse on me. I learned my lesson from my 2 previous trips I over packed I didn't use everything and returned with more stuff from shopping than what I actually took onboard.

I'm like you OP...I like to pack everything I want...and many things I "might" want or need. Take whatever you want/need.

My dh & I travel a lot! We have been through some luggage sets let me tell you.

Finally, I have found a set of luggage that works! It has a lifetime warranty on it....I have had several sets ruined by airlines, cruise lines etc.

Now my bags that I have purchased will be covered by airline damage as well (many manufacturers will not cover broken wheels etc). I have received amazing customer service from them. e bags dot com now just know this...the actual brand ebags is what you want. not just other brand luggage sold on their site....shop specifically the ebags brand. we own the hardside luggage (6 suitcases total) and they are amazing.

They are the most inexpensive quality luggage I have found with a warranty like this.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

... I have found a set of luggage that works! It has a lifetime warranty on it... I have received amazing customer service from them. e bags dot com now just know this...the actual brand ebags is what you want. not just other brand luggage sold on their site....shop specifically the ebags brand.

They are the most inexpensive quality luggage I have found with a warranty like this.

We love eBags on FT Forum - this is my 22" convertible TLS Weekender that I've been using for the last 3 years, still looked new, expandable & pack a week's worth of clothing & items for domestic air travel - neatly organized by use of ebags Packing Tubes of assorted sizes. The smaller Eddie Bauer convertible bag holds the electronic gadgets including the tablet and laptop/netbook for the road plus medications & essentials. Flying for business or pleasure, this is all I need and carry - eBags also has a store on eBay and you will sometimes find marked down items there & shipping is always free for their products sold on eBay. Shop & buy it when you can get 25% or 30% off the regular prices plus free shipping.

For cruising, I pack the TLS W/E loosely as a carryon & use a 2nd. roller suitcase on wheels - DW is using a 22" eBags expandable ballistic nylon roller for her week's worth of clothes for crusing, lifetime warranty - no questions asked - plus one of her regular tote bag (larger one) as a compact carryon.

DI2-IMG0358-Carryons.jpg

We love eBags on FT Forum - this is my 22" convertible TLS Weekender that I've been using for the last 3 years, still looked new, expandable & pack a week's worth of clothing & items for domestic air travel - neatly organized by use of ebags Packing Tubes of assorted sizes. The smaller Eddie Bauer convertible bag holds the electronic gadgets including the tablet and laptop/netbook for the road plus medications & essentials. Flying for business or pleasure, this is all I need and carry - eBags also has a store on eBay and you will sometimes find marked down items there & shipping is always free for their products sold on eBay. Shop & buy it when you can get 25% or 30% off the regular prices plus free shipping.

For cruising, I pack the TLS W/E loosely as a carryon & use a 2nd. roller suitcase on wheels - DW is using a 22" eBags expandable ballistic nylon roller for her week's worth of clothes for crusing, lifetime warranty - no questions asked - plus one of her regular tote bag (larger one) as a compact carryon.

DI2-IMG0358-Carryons.jpg

They are quality stuff and amazing customer service. Hard to find nowadays that's for sure. I just recently came across the packing cubes and ordered a few sets of those and used them on my last two trips. Amazing how much I could get in there. My cocktail dress came right out of the packing cube and all I did was hang it up when I got to my cabin. The cubes really are smart packing helpful tools.

Archived