Oasis - CATS

When did Cats replace the prior show? Does anyone know how long Cats will run till it is replaced with a new show?

The first show was Nov 14. Not sure how long it’s going to be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the speedy responses - Broadway fan here - CATS has great music, but not a favorite show. I was hoping it might change till February when we sail. We will certainly attend if still CATS - always lots of talent on Royal Caribbean. I was just curious.

CATS came on Oasis in 2014 and was signed to a 5 year contract. It will be replaced in 2019 during the next maintenance dry dock for the Oasis. Changing out the shows requires a lot of work to change out the sets and stage requirements in the theater and it is easier to do this while the ship is out of service for maintenance.

Thanks for the speedy responses - Broadway fan here - CATS has great music, but not a favorite show. I was hoping it might change till February when we sail. We will certainly attend if still CATS - always lots of talent on Royal Caribbean. I was just curious.

If you have seen Cats on Broadway then the Oasis version is pretty spot on and very professional. I still say it’s the wrong show for a cruise ship but it’s very well performed.

CATS came on Oasis in 2014 and was signed to a 5 year contract. It will be replaced in 2019 during the next maintenance dry dock for the Oasis. Changing out the shows requires a lot of work to change out the sets and stage requirements in the theater and it is easier to do this while the ship is out of service for maintenance.

Not to mention very...very expensive to change sets. :o

If you have seen Cats on Broadway then the Oasis version is pretty spot on and very professional. I still say it’s the wrong show for a cruise ship but it’s very well performed.

The performance of "Memory" was nothing short of amazing in the second half. Naturally she got the loudest applause after the show. Too bad half the theater left after the first set. -April 2017

I thought Hairspray was hilarious...laughed the whole time. :D

I laughed through Cats. I couldn’t help picturing all these fancy pants theater goers in the 70s thinking how sophisticated they all were, watching a bunch of people dress up like cats and sing about cat stuff. And yes I stayed all the way through. The cast were great at their job, but it is such a bizarre subject for a musical.

I laughed through Cats. I couldn’t help picturing all these fancy pants theater goers in the 70s thinking how sophisticated they all were, watching a bunch of people dress up like cats and sing about cat stuff. And yes I stayed all the way through. The cast were great at their job, but it is such a bizarre subject for a musical.

Cats was early '80s (opened in '81) but your point still stands. It's not as bizarre, at least to me, as Starlight Express, a musical about a child's train set coming to life and the trains racing each other as told from the point of view of the trains. Webber had originally wanted to do a musical adaptation of W. Awdry's Thomas the Tank Engine material but Awdry refused to license it.