A family of 5 with 2 rooms on Carnival( how to book it)??

sue1138

I'm looking to book a cruise with my wife and 3 children that are 18 and 21 and 22.

I have to book 2 separate rooms because there are no more rooms for 5 people available. My problem is carnival will not let my 3 kids book a room for themselves.

So do I book a room with 2 of my kids and have my wife book a room with 1 of the kids?? And if so will there be any problems because our rooms are only 8 doors down from each other..

The problem I see is I will be assigned to the room with 2 of my children and I will not be able to use my key to get into my room with my wife..

What would be the easiest solution to this problem.

Carnival will not let my 3 kids book a room if there under 24 years old..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival WILL allow you to book those three into their own room. Maybe you are not able to do it online, but try calling. Even younger children can be booked into their own room as long as you are sailing with them.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/kw/Booking%20teens%20in%20own%20room

The Carnival policy clearly states you can book them anywhere. So call. Also go to the Carnival board here, under Cruise Lines A-O. You will get lots of advice there. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Carnival WILL allow you to book those three into their own room. Maybe you are not able to do it online, but try calling. Even younger children can be booked into their own room as long as you are sailing with them.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/kw/Booking%20teens%20in%20own%20room

The Carnival policy clearly states you can book them anywhere. So call. Also go to the Carnival board here, under Cruise Lines A-O. You will get lots of advice there. EM

The policy you cited in your link does support OP's claim/concern:

"Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older"

OP's 3 children include an 18 yp, and the oldest is 24, not 25.

But cruise lines don't do bed checks, and one can get extra key cards (permission of cabin resident required, of course!).

So book the 18 yo with you, and then once on board, arrange the actual bedding so she/he can sleep in other room with siblings.

CORRECTION: That is just for TRAVELING, not room assignments.

Sorry!

Edited by GeezerCouple

The policy you cited in your link does support OP's claim/concern:

"Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older"

OP's 3 children include an 18 yp, and the oldest is 24, not 25.

But cruise lines don't do bed checks, and one can get extra key cards (permission of cabin resident required, of course!).

So book the 18 yo with you, and then once on board, arrange the actual bedding so she/he can sleep in other room with siblings.

CORRECTION: That is just for TRAVELING, not room assignments.

Sorry!

You did not read the link fully. They are traveling with parents that are both over 25. They are all 18 and older so can be booked in their own room

This portion applies:

Guests 12 and younger

If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

EM

You did not read the link fully. They are traveling with parents that are both over 25. They are all 18 and older so can be booked in their own room

This portion applies:

Guests 12 and younger

If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

EM

You included my *correction* in your post, so...???

I already wrote (as you yourself copied):

"CORRECTION: That is just for TRAVELING, not room assignments.

Sorry!"

Agreed. On the phone ONLY. Put one adult in each room and rearrange when you get there. We have 4 kids so we do this all the time.

If it's booked on the phone with a PVP or 800# CVS agent it can be booked exactly the way they want with the 18, 21 and 22 year olds in their own cabin with no shipboard rearranging necessary.