Some Escape Questions

NCLcrusr

Hi all,

I will be sailing on the Escape again on March 10th and wanted to clear a couple of things up. I am going solo and decided to book a balcony guarantee. I was assigned 10860 and upon looking at the deck plans, noticed that the stateroom adjacent is an angled balcony. Will this be an issue for privacy?

Also, a big thing for me is getting a Thermal Suite pass, but noticed that there is nowhere to buy the 7 day pass. Will I need to head to up there to try to secure a pass right after embarkation?

I need to manage my time wisely upon embarkation, as I intend to try for the Vibe pass as well!

Thanks! :)

I'm on this sailing also! The privacy may be a concern, but I've never been in the cabin you are referring to. I just know after seeing them from the outside my husband did not want me to book anything but a regular balcony/mini-suite as he does not want anyone else to be able to see onto our balcony. I don't know why the Thermal Spa pass isn't listed online (it's not for me either) but if you want to buy one call NCL and see if you can pre-purchase. If you want a Vibe pass you should try to do that first thing when you board (in Headliners) as they do sell out quickly.

Hi all,

I will be sailing on the Escape again on March 10th and wanted to clear a couple of things up. I am going solo and decided to book a balcony guarantee. I was assigned 10860 and upon looking at the deck plans, noticed that the stateroom adjacent is an angled balcony. Will this be an issue for privacy?

Also, a big thing for me is getting a Thermal Suite pass, but noticed that there is nowhere to buy the 7 day pass. Will I need to head to up there to try to secure a pass right after embarkation?

I need to manage my time wisely upon embarkation, as I intend to try for the Vibe pass as well!

Thanks! :)

We were almost neighbors, we were originally booked in 10862 but moved up a deck. Enjoy the cruise.

We had an angled balcony last year. You might have someone looking your way once in a while. The angled balcony can see all the way down the line of balconies inset from the bump out. As long as your neighbors are respectful, it should be ok.:D

We had an angled balcony last year. You might have someone looking your way once in a while. The angled balcony can see all the way down the line of balconies inset from the bump out. As long as your neighbors are respectful, it should be ok.:D

This was my fear. Darn. Hopefully one of my bids get accepted!

We were almost neighbors, we were originally booked in 10862 but moved up a deck. Enjoy the cruise.

I would have been an excellent neighbor :). Just a quiet and solo 25 year old dude.

As others have mentioned, you have to call to book a spa pass. I believe it is a $20 savings if you book before you get on the ship. One person in our group pre-booked the spa pass and we just called our PCC and had it added to our reservation.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Last cruise I ended up just getting it on board, but wasn't sure if they were at risk of selling out.

I'm on this sailing also! The privacy may be a concern, but I've never been in the cabin you are referring to. I just know after seeing them from the outside my husband did not want me to book anything but a regular balcony/mini-suite as he does not want anyone else to be able to see onto our balcony. I don't know why the Thermal Spa pass isn't listed online (it's not for me either) but if you want to buy one call NCL and see if you can pre-purchase. If you want a Vibe pass you should try to do that first thing when you board (in Headliners) as they do sell out quickly.

I have had the Vibe pass on my last Escape and Getaway cruise and have decided I can't live without it. Ill be fighting hard for it! Thanks for the info.

Just an FYI on the Vibe pass... They seem to have grown in popularity over time, and the competition can be fierce to obtain them nowadays. Unless you are Platinum or above, you need to position yourself nearest the actual boarding area in the Terminal, rather than the general seating area. Be prepared to briskly make your way to Headliners by the quickest route possible. On my last Escape sailing, Haven passengers already had the first 20 or so Vibe passes by the time I arrived at Headliners, and I was the first person through the ropes once they announced Platinum boarding...

Just an FYI on the Vibe pass... They seem to have grown in popularity over time, and the competition can be fierce to obtain them nowadays. Unless you are Platinum or above, you need to position yourself nearest the actual boarding area in the Terminal, rather than the general seating area. Be prepared to briskly make your way to Headliners by the quickest route possible. On my last Escape sailing, Haven passengers already had the first 20 or so Vibe passes by the time I arrived at Headliners, and I was the first person through the ropes once they announced Platinum boarding...

I appreciate the heads up. I usually show at 9:30am on embarkation day and have gotten them my past two sailings with being boarding group 1 and 2. Looks like I will need to step my game up even more!

I ended up calling today for the Thermal Suite pass, so if I don't get a Vibe pass, I won't be too terribly upset as I intend to spend a lot of time there. :)

You will LOVE LOVE LOVE the Thermal Spa. Great place to relax with a front view of the ship.

I too had to call for the thermal SPA for my upcoming BLISS in May through the Panama Canal.

But I did NOT have to call for the Spa I had on the Escape in Nov. It showed up about 5 weeks before my cruise. But do call as they do not make many single one day passes.

The Escape is becoming well known for the Thermal SPA among all the ships.

good luck

Would you please describe what the Vibe is and would a 13 year old be permitted? We are boarding at 12 noon so highly doubtful that we could buy passes anyway, as it sounds they will sell out. And this curious mind would like to know if I purchase the thermal pass what time of the day is it recommended to go? BTW, we are on the same cruise, too so hope to be able to meet ya at the meet and mingle. [emoji2]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Would you please describe what the Vibe is and would a 13 year old be permitted? We are boarding at 12 noon so highly doubtful that we could buy passes anyway, as it sounds they will sell out. And this curious mind would like to know if I purchase the thermal pass what time of the day is it recommended to go? BTW, we are on the same cruise, too so hope to be able to meet ya at the meet and mingle. [emoji2]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Vibe is adults only, a 13 year old would not be allowed in. There Thermal Suite is adults only also.