Bringing wine onboard & corkage fee

beachgoddess

Please excuse my ignorance for this question, but I've never brought wine on before. I read carnival's alcohol policy regarding this but I'm a little confused still.

I know there's a corkage fee if I consume the wine I bring "In the MDR or bar", but what if I'm drinking it in my cabin & not at dinner? Can I do that? Can i bring a wine opener with me?

Again sorry for my ignorance about this. I've never brought wine onboard before (& we've cruised many times) so I just need to know how this all works.

Thank you inn advance!

I bring wine in my carry on and I bring an opener with me. The steward puts it on ice for me. I take a glass to a show or to dinner with me. Never had a problem and wouldn't expect to. The steward also always replaces my glass. What I understand is that they can charge a corkage fee if you bring a bottle to the dining room.

Enjoy your cruise! No worries!

What if you buy a bottle of wine at 50% off the first night at the Steakhouse and don’t open it at the Steakhouse? Will they charge the corkage fee to open it in the MDR? Thx!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No the corkage fee is strictly for wines that are brought aboard at embarkation as part of the carry-on allowance of beverages. Any wines purchased on board fro the beverage department are exempt from additional fees beyond the 15% auto-grat or restock fee.

One recent steward told us he cannot give us wine glasses daily we should get it from room service when we need more. Turned out to be the laziest one we ever had.

A better way was to liberate some wine glasses from bars on the ship as needed.:)

I always liberate wine glasses also. That way I know I have them. After I get a glass of wine I go to the room wash it out and put it in the closet so the room steward won't remove it. I get a glass one and a plastic one. That way if I want to have a glass of my own wine I can pour it into whichever glass is appropriate for where I will be going.

Candi

Thank you so much!

I totally agree. If you want the fridge to be its coldest, though, leave the compartment (closet or cupboard) that holds the fridge open. This releases the heat created by the fridge.

~Profile Says Everything~

You will still be charged a corkage fee in the MDR if you bring the bottle, no matter cork or screw cap. We always bring a full glass with us to dinner to avoid the fee.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Completely untrue, if you are not sure, do not make blanket statements like this. even though we buy

Cheers, we always bring a couple of bottles on board. We loosely uncorked the bottle, brought the bottle and 2 glasses from our stateroom. Drank some wine, brought the rest back to the cabin. We have never been charged a corkage fee and would never pay one.