drinks package

LizzyandTony54

I know this as been asked and answered on numerous threads , but i do not think specifically to the ship i am due to sail on ..... i am not sure if that actually would make a difference .

I am due to sail on the Marella discovery next Saturday and although we are AI i am still unsure whether i need to upgrade to a drinks package , Myself and hubby are not great drinkers but we do like our odd glass of wine and soft drink plus lots of tea ...

I will be glad when this cruise , our first is over then i will know the answers to some off my concerns.... if you know what i mean.

Generally, if drinks are included in your price, there will be ample choices from which to pick....sounds like you wouldn't benefit from "upgrading". However, I'd have to see what IS included in the AI that you are getting!

On every cruise line, any "water-based" drink, coffee, tea, ice water, lemonade or punch, etc...is totally included in your fare. Some ships now include booze, up to a certain cost...which covers pretty much anything a normal drinker could want. Of course, pricey liquor may carry an extra fee.

On every cruise line, any "water-based" drink, coffee, tea, ice water, lemonade or punch, etc...is totally included in your fare. Some ships now include booze, up to a certain cost...which covers pretty much anything a normal drinker could want. Of course, pricey liquor may carry an extra fee.

Not totally correct. While tea and coffee are free in the dining rooms, buffet and afternoon tea, I believe most of the mainstream mega ships charge extra for what they call premium tea and coffee that are served in bars, cafes, pastry outlets, etc.

That is our experience on Princess, RCCL & CMV.

• 1 month later...

We took the sip and sail promotion on a Princess cruise and it’s not worth it. It’s approx $60 per person per day with a 15 drink max. You are off the ship often enough that you don’t have enough time to drink enough to make it worth it.

We took the sip and sail promotion on a Princess cruise and it’s not worth it. It’s approx $60 per person per day with a 15 drink max. You are off the ship often enough that you don’t have enough time to drink enough to make it worth it.

Totally agree with you. It is the same on HAL.

Not worth buying a drinks package for us.