Signature Suite on the Noordam

patrick401ca

I’m in a signature suite on the Noordam in a NZ-Australia cruise. Because of the length of the cruise we decided to opt for a larger room this time.

I’m looking forward to it (other than HAL’s slightly dismal decor).

Any ideas of what to expect for a first timer in a mini suite?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is fresh in my mind because we recently were in a Signature Suite all the way from San Diego to Auckland (Noordam) and then a regular verandah stateroom for 36 days in the Med (Westerdam.)

I loved the SS and really missed the extra space during the Med cruise. The SS has a much more comfortable bathroom arrangement, with double sinks and two medicine cabinets. Also, the space from the foot of the bed to the wall is really tight in the regular verandah stateroom. There's just a lot more room to move around in the SS. The regular verandah stateroom felt "tight" after being in the SS.

Also I think the soft goods are a bit newer and plusher in the SS. It all felt more upscale. We enjoyed the balconies on both, so I don't remember too much about that.

Funny, DH and I are going back and forth on this now for a long Asia cruise we have planned. I really want that SS, but don't think I'm gonna get it this time. "Too many port days" for the extra cost. Boo-hoo!

In a nutshell, you're gonna love your choice. Have fun!

Signature suites are lovely.

Probably one of the "best buys" on board on the ships where they are available IMO.

If you want to see some pics of the cabins on the Noordam just google hal and facts or HAL cruiser information and look for the cabins with the MS designation.

We found the space nice and it was very comfortable. However, it does need updating. The bathroom in particular has a very dated pinky beige counters, tub etc. We also found some of the outside furniture in dire need of replacement. It also has the small desk mounted TVs.

Patrick, we too are booked in a SS for a NZ/Australia cruise this fall. When do you cruise? We may be neighbors!!!! Thanks for the post.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’re going this winter actually so we won’t see you! But maybe next cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums