Which ship???

Marina222

Decided this morning we are going to do a Boston to Montreal cruise. There are three ships doing that route at the end of the summer. Veedam, Maasdam, and Rotterdam. Anyone have an opinion which might be the better choice. We like low key trips. Good dining, good ports, and a nice space are all that we require. So experts, please weigh in. Its been years since we've been on Holland. We usually do Celebrity if we can.

Decided this morning we are going to do a Boston to Montreal cruise. There are three ships doing that route at the end of the summer. Veedam, Maasdam, and Rotterdam. Anyone have an opinion which might be the better choice. We like low key trips. Good dining, good ports, and a nice space are all that we require. So experts, please weigh in. Its been years since we've been on Holland. We usually do Celebrity if we can.

Can't go wrong with any of them. All smaller, older more classic ships. Love them all. Great itinerary. So you might want to drill down a bit and look for other differences like who is sharing the port with you - we like it when we are the only ship in port.

All three would be great. Chose the one that goes all the way to Montreal, this would be my suggestion .

I would be happy on any of those ships. One consideration if you enjoy using the aft pool the Maasdam has a real pool whereas Rotterdam and Veendam have (The Retreat) which are wading puddles.

Not quite. Veendam has four hot tubs that replaced the wading area.

bec2cbc96e5906d662a0bae368c8da73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Cruise4food

Not quite. Veendam has four hot tubs that replaced the wading area.

bec2cbc96e5906d662a0bae368c8da73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for posting the picture of the Veendam aft pool area - yes, these are much more than the "birdbath" splash pools. They were very well used on my last Veendam cruise - one could almost paddle around and do some good underwater stretching exercises.

Big improvement considering what they had to work with - they did raise the level of this hot tub pool-sun lounger area and that must be what allowed them to get the added depth - steps required to get up here - not sure if there was a HC access ramp or not.