Can anyone comment on cabin E318 on either the Royal or Regal Princess

CruisinCouple2010

Has anyone stayed in cabin E318 obstructed view balcony on either the Royal or Regal Princess? If so, can you comment on what the obstruction was? Would you book the cabin again?

No photo of this cabin is shown on the extensive photo list of obstucted view balconies.

Thank you for any information.

I think the obstruction is a lifeboat although it's mostly below the balcony so the obstruction is not being to look down directly to the water. We had such a cabin forward of the forward stairwell on the Royal on a TA so we weren't using the balcony much. Here's a photo very near that cabin: Port1

Go to cruisedeckplans.com and look up the ships. You can find information about the cabin and pictures of it or similar cabins. If you look at exterior ship photos you’ll see that the lifeboats only obstruct low views. When standing on your balcony the roof of the lifeboat is below the horizon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Everyone has it right, not really obstructed unless you are looking down. I was upgraded from an inside to an Emerald obstructed in same area on my Royal transatlantic last year! I was ecstatic! :) Of course when I told some about my good fortune, they said an obstructed on Emerald? I never take those cabins! :D