Showtimes and Durations on Equinox - questions

AtlantaCruiser72

On my last few cruises with Celebrity the showtimes have generally been at 7pm and 9pm. Is that still true on the Equinox? How long have the shows been running on average? 45 min, and hour, and hour plus? Has anyone had consistent issues getting seating at either of the showtimes?

I currently have Select Dining reservations for all 7 nights at 7:30 (with the intention of going to the 9pm shows) and thinking of doing the 7 night Specialty Dining package instead and doing dinners around 8pm and going to the 7pm shows. Worried that we might have to "rush" from the show to get to dinner and/or have to get to the shows 30-40 min in advance just to get decent seats. I know on my RCCL, Princess and NCL cruises the last few years getting seating at the early shows was a madhouse while the late shows were never really an issue.

Thoughts and advice?

Just off Equinox where the shows are still at 7 and 9. They all ran 45-50 minutes. We had second seating dinner at 8:30 so attended the 7pm shows. Not too crowded. Had ample time afterwards to dress for dinner or grab a cocktail. 7pm reservations for Select Dining doesn't mean you'll always be seated at 7pm, or even 7:15. Might have to skip dessert to catch that 9pm show.

Was recently on the Equinox. The shows were always at 7:00 and 9:00.

Dined at 5:30 in select every night and went to the 7:00 show. We rarely had desert but the few times we did we still had time to get there to see the show. The 7:00 was never crowded. There were a few nights that we decided to go to the 9:00 as they were shows that we seen before and didn’t really care if we didn’t see them again and had other things to do after dinner. We walked in about 10 minutes prior and there were no seats at one show. Another show was one that seen on a prior cruise so we went about 8:30 and it filled up fast.

The guest entertainers seem to be the more popular shows as many are frequent cruisers and have seen the productions shows and don’t care to see them again.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

Showtimes are 7 PM and 9 PM. We prefer to dine early and go to the late show, followed by other activities. Silent Disco is a lot of fun and was scheduled for 10 PM. Same time as dancing (with DJ at the Martini Bar). I would say the shows were generally finished within an hour. However, the late night activities didn't start until 10:30 PM some evenings so that shows probably ran longer those nights.