Sprint users and cruising the Caribbean, some advice needed..........

LongHill44

I have Sprint. You can text away when you are off the ship at the ports. It is not free while you are on the ship. Data is also included while you are in port, but be aware that it is verrrrrrrryyyyyyy slow, as they only give you 2G for free. Voice calls are not included in the free international plan. You can text for free at HMC but you will be charged if you text while the ship is at sea. I’m not sure what you are referring to about free texts on the Pride as your post states that texts are .50 each.

I have Sprint... Call them and ask for the One World International plan. It is free. You have to tell them which islands you are traveling to then they will let you know if it works there. I pay .20 a Min and have free texting on most islands. Make sure you are about 500 ft away from ship I was told so you aren’t on the ships tower.

While onboard I get the $5 per day social plan ($4 if you order before cruise) Make Sure your phone is always on airplane mode!!!! I have an IPhone so it allows me to use my iPhone text messages. For calls I use Facebook and talk to my mom free. Hope this helps :)

I have Sprint... Call them and ask for the One World International plan. It is free. You have to tell them which islands you are traveling to then they will let you know if it works there. I pay .20 a Min and have free texting on most islands. Make sure you are about 500 ft away from ship I was told so you aren’t on the ships tower.

While onboard I get the $5 per day social plan ($4 if you order before cruise) Make Sure your phone is always on airplane mode!!!! I have an IPhone so it allows me to use my iPhone text messages. For calls I use Facebook and talk to my mom free. Hope this helps :)

Very helpful, thank you so much

It’s pretty simple. You will not get charged any data roaming charges, text messages are free and calls are .20 a minute . . . .as long as “Cellular At Sea” is not the provider. Literally anywhere in the world this is the case with Sprint if you are enrolled in their free international roaming plan and all roaming is enabled on your device.

I just did the Fascination in May and I often could connect to various Providers (Digicel being a big one) from the Lido and Serenity areas while at sea sailing between islands. I also saw that I was connected to Cellular at Sea once during the week and Immediately went into airplane mode. No charges on my bill.

I had the $4 a day social media package as well and used that inside the cabin and on the interior parts of the ship.

Data is slow but useable . . . Faster than the ship WiFi IMO as I sometimes got 3G and 4G despite Sprint saying speeds would only be 2G.

It is a great perk and you should use it, just be smart when out in open waters and go into airplane mode if Cellular at Sea pops up as the provider. Use the social media package for that stuff (Facebook messenger and What’s App do messages and calls) and roaming for any curious web surfing.