Heavy port load

oceanseagle12

I’m sailing on Allure of the Seas 11/26. It stops at St Thomas on 11/29. I looked at the schedule and notes there are 5 ships scheduled that day with a total load of 12,000 passengers! I’m happy for the island as I know they are counting on us returning. But it has me wondering what to expect and options that may not be as busy. I’m betting Megan’s Bay will be slammed! On the other hand we were considering a ship tour just due to uncertainty of everything. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't mind, can you please report back after your trip to let us know what you decided to do and how bad the crowds were. We will be there on 12/13 with a total of 6 cruise ships and 17,000+ passengers. We were originally planning to go to Sapphire beach because we heard they were less crowded and had decent snorkeling, but I'm not so sure now.

If you don't mind, can you please report back after your trip to let us know what you decided to do and how bad the crowds were. We will be there on 12/13 with a total of 6 cruise ships and 17,000+ passengers. We were originally planning to go to Sapphire beach because we heard they were less crowded and had decent snorkeling, but I'm not so sure now.

I will try to remember to do that!

We are in St. Thomas on the 29th as well, and wondering the same thing.

A lot of the tours I can find aren't open yet, so I'm afraid the beaches will be even more busy than usual.

The open ones I do find begin before our ship ports at 10 a.m.

I’m sailing on Allure of the Seas 11/26. It stops at St Thomas on 11/29. I looked at the schedule and notes there are 5 ships scheduled that day with a total load of 12,000 passengers! I’m happy for the island as I know they are counting on us returning. But it has me wondering what to expect and options that may not be as busy. I’m betting Megan’s Bay will be slammed! On the other hand we were considering a ship tour just due to uncertainty of everything. Any suggestions?

'

I only see two ships listed on the schedule that was just revised last October. Yours is one of the two.

http://www.viport.com/documents/CruiseSchedules/2017_NovandDecOnly_CrownBay_AS%20OF2017Oct27.pdf

Keith

'

I only see two ships listed on the schedule that was just revised last October. Yours is one of the two.

http://www.viport.com/documents/CruiseSchedules/2017_NovandDecOnly_CrownBay_AS%20OF2017Oct27.pdf

Keith

Keith,

Unfortunately, that October revision is an old schedule. The VINow website has recently updated their schedule this month to include those cruise ship itineraries that have been revised due to the hurricanes. The updated cruise schedule can be found directly on the ViNow website in the top right-hand corner. There will be 5 ships in port that day. :(

Vinow does not show any Disney ships for December but theoretically the Fantasy should be there on Wednesdays. What gives?

DCL switched to Western Caribbean through mid-December. Fantasy won't be back until at least early January.

Normally, having 5 ships in St. Thomas is not unusual and not a problem.

After the hurricanes not so sure this year since everything may/may not be open.

Please do report back after your cruise. Interested because we have a port stop there in mid January.

DCL switched to Western Caribbean through mid-December. Fantasy won't be back until at least early January.

Thanks! I had missed the change on the December 16th sailing. We are scheduled to board Jan 13th, I wonder if we will actually go to St Thomas.

Keith,

Unfortunately, that October revision is an old schedule. The VINow website has recently updated their schedule this month to include those cruise ship itineraries that have been revised due to the hurricanes. The updated cruise schedule can be found directly on the ViNow website in the top right-hand corner. There will be 5 ships in port that day. :(

Alicia thank you for pointing out the updated port information.

Keith