Bourbon

Sam4msu

They have Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace which those are both nice Bourbons. I am also a huge fan of Blanton's.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I FINALLY managed to snag a bottle of Blanton's at a local store last week. I tried some last year when a friend and I did our own informal tasting or Scotch and Bourbon. Blanton's has to be the smoothest bourbon I've tasted to date. However, I'm saving my bottle until I can get a few more.

I did a Scotch tasting onboard the Valor a few years ago and must say I was rather impressed with JW Blue and the JW Double Black.

I FINALLY managed to snag a bottle of Blanton's at a local store last week. I tried some last year when a friend and I did our own informal tasting or Scotch and Bourbon. Blanton's has to be the smoothest bourbon I've tasted to date. However, I'm saving my bottle until I can get a few more.

I did a Scotch tasting onboard the Valor a few years ago and must say I was rather impressed with JW Blue and the JW Double Black.

Our local Walmart carries Blantons.

We will be on the Dream in May, would love to know if there is a way to get a list of all forms of whiskey available on board (bourbon, scotch, etc).

Blantons is also one of my favorites. Did you know you can collect all 8 tops of the bottle. The set features a horse and jockey in different strides and poses resembling the stages of a horse race.

I would love to find Basil Hayden bourbon aboard the ship.

Huge bourbon fan here.

The bars have Woodford Reserve or Buffalo Trace. The rye they have is nasty Templeton - the abomination from Iowa.

From one bourbon lover to another... give the rum cocktails a try! Visit the Alchemy bar. Get to know the bartenders and tell them what you like. You will not be disappointed

Huge bourbon fan here.

The bars have Woodford Reserve or Buffalo Trace. The rye they have is nasty Templeton - the abomination from Iowa.

Same. I had a great Old Fashioned on Liberty late last year at the steakhouse - made with Buffalo Trace and no cherries. It was the only bar where I didn’t get crushed cherries in my Old Fashioned. Ew.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Oasis of the Seas in December and the onboard shops had Blantons for $40 a bottle and would sell us 8 with each of the letters. Ugh we were flying home so could t take the deal. Can’t find it on the shelves here in Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Oasis of the Seas in December and the onboard shops had Blantons for $40 a bottle and would sell us 8 with each of the letters. Ugh we were flying home so could t take the deal. Can’t find it on the shelves here in Ohio.

Blanton’s is made by Buffalo Trace who has been allocating their shipments due to high demand. In Cincinnati I have the best luck checking with The Party Source to find out when more is coming in.

• 1 month later...

The new BBQ Smokehouse on the Horizon has 10 bourbons. At 9.25 is Blanton's, 8.75 is Woodford Reserve, Basil Hayden, Breckenridge, Duke & Highwest Prairie. At 8.25 is Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare 10 year, Four Roses single barrel and Old Forester 80 proof.

The new BBQ Smokehouse on the Horizon has 10 bourbons. At 9.25 is Blanton's, 8.75 is Woodford Reserve, Basil Hayden, Breckenridge, Duke & Highwest Prairie. At 8.25 is Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare 10 year, Four Roses single barrel and Old Forester 80 proof.

Oh JOY!!!! Finally some nice stuff. Albeit, Nothing shameful for Woodford Reserve. Their Rye is decent too. Four Roses Single looks to be the bargain here by a $.

Usually hate Guy's Venues but guess I'll find a way to enjoy the Smokehouse Bar.

Someone recently posted drink menus from the Breeze and they had Blanton's onboard. I would assume ships out of Galveston will have better bourbon selections than others since TX gets some of the best allocations. Sailing on the Vista in July out of Miami and I'd love to see something besides BT and Woodford (nothing wrong with them), Eagle Rare is my go-to for Old Fashioned so fingers crossed for that one.

I just had my first "Pappy Van Winkel" 12 YO last weekend, what a great bourbon. Now if Carnival started having "Pappy" i'd be first in line to cruise.

And they'd probably charge you $12+ a shot, LOL, making the Cheers package worth it for Bourbon drinkers.:rolleyes:

Will be on horizon later this year, so I’m wondering, did you happen to check out what scotches were available?

I just had my first "Pappy Van Winkel" 12 YO last weekend, what a great bourbon. Now if Carnival started having "Pappy" i'd be first in line to cruise.

Just “won” a bottle of Pappy’s 20 year old in a live auction. Can’t wait to open it up and enjoy it

Will be on horizon later this year, so I’m wondering, did you happen to check out what scotches were available?
The bourbons as well as 5 different Rye's are all available at the new smokehouse/brewhouse. No scotches on the menu there.

Nice selection. Just booked Horizon for December. Looks like I’ll have to split my time between the Smokehouse bar and Alchemy.