Wine package question

Shaver John

Does anyone know if when you purchase the wine package on a 14 day cruise, the 12 bottle package, can that be delivered in bulk-all at one time- directly to your cabin. I would like to have all 12 bottles in my cabin, then I can take one to dinner or have a drink on the balcony. Please let me know if you have ordered the wine package.

Someone on another thread just mentioned it is only available in the dining room ....

but there is no law that says you can't take it from the dining room with you to your cabin. Maybe just pick up a bottle or two each time your room needs replenishing as you are leaving the MDR??

When the wine package is available (it wasn't on our last 30 day South American Cruise), we want the wine to enjoy on our balcony. We go to lunch in the dining room and ask for a couple bottles of wine, using the wine card, and ask that they not be opened, then we'd take them to our cabin after lunch, never had a problem doing that.

When the wine package is available (it wasn't on our last 30 day South American Cruise), we want the wine to enjoy on our balcony. We go to lunch in the dining room and ask for a couple bottles of wine, using the wine card, and ask that they not be opened, then we'd take them to our cabin after lunch, never had a problem doing that.

Did you find availability issues regarding any of your selections.....

Bob

Did you find availability issues regarding any of your selections.....

Bob

Occasionally, on a longer cruise, they have run out of my preferred Chardonnay, but have offered a slightly higher priced one at the same price as my usual choice, which has always turned out to be as drinkable as my preferred one. I felt that was a decent way for Princess to handle the situation.

Does anyone know if when you purchase the wine package on a 14 day cruise, the 12 bottle package, can that be delivered in bulk-all at one time- directly to your cabin. I would like to have all 12 bottles in my cabin, then I can take one to dinner or have a drink on the balcony. Please let me know if you have ordered the wine package.

When using the wine package for a bottle not being consumed in the dining room they have offered to have it delivered to our cabin to not have to carry it there.

That might be a result of a waiter being helpful & not due to any policy. You could ask your waiter if it’s possible to have all 12 bottles delivered to your cabin. If it’s not possible to have wine delivered to your cabin then you could carry a couple of them at a time.

We’ve used the wine package several times when it’s available on 10+ day cruises and have been able to get our preferred bottle of wine. We get the Gold package & get wines as close to the $45 limit & sometimes pay the difference for wine exceeding that limit.

Occasionally a delayed delivery of a container with wine results in too low of an inventory to offer wine packages. That happened last summer on the Med cruise before our TA & they bought some wine in Italy to sell. Thankfully the container with wine arrived during our Barcelona embarkation to replenish their wine inventory to offer the wine package.

Edited by Astro Flyer