Limo vs. Carnival shuttle to port - which would you choose?

gardn198

Hey guys! I'm planning a bachelorette party and we're sailing on the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral in February. I'm weighing the pros/cons of paying a little extra to take a limo or just sticking with the shuttle service because it's guaranteed to get us there.

Basically, there are 6 of us and the shuttle costs $36pp each way. That amounts to $432 total - do you tip the shuttle driver?

But I'm assuming the shuttle leaves from the Orlando airport, so we'd have to take ubers to the airport to get to the shuttle. 6 girls + 6 pieces of luggage, that's probably 2 ubers.

The limo is $430 plus tip so I'm assuming around $510 total r/t. That includes all the taxes/fees and would pick us up directly from our hotel.

Has anyone ever taken a limo to the port? Is it worth it?

Yup, definitely go with Cortrans instead. Much cheaper. Unless you really want to pay to ride in style (via the limo). And not sure why the Carnival shuttle would even be considered since you would have to pay to get back to the airport to catch the shuttle, on top of the expense of the shuttle to begin with. That seems like the most expensive option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup, definitely go with Cortrans instead. Much cheaper. Unless you really want to pay to ride in style (via the limo). And not sure why the Carnival shuttle would even be considered since you would have to pay to get back to the airport to catch the shuttle, on top of the expense of the shuttle to begin with. That seems like the most expensive option.

It looks like we'd need to take an uber to the airport for Cortrans as well? And I'm thinking we'd need 2 ubers each way because there are 6 girls in their 20s and we all have full size suitcases :o

Where is your origin in relation to the cruise port?

Unless you're talking >1 Hour each way I cannot possibly fathom how you would not save a significant amount of money opting for the limo for the group vs PP on a shuttle, and you'll be riding in style as well. Just be mindful that you probably won't get 6 people's worth of luggage in the trunk so some will probably have to come in the passenger cabin with you - be sure to verify ahead of time that this is OK.

Edited by Oshawapilot

It looks like we'd need to take an uber to the airport for Cortrans as well? And I'm thinking we'd need 2 ubers each way because there are 6 girls in their 20s and we all have full size suitcases :o

Cortrans will do pickups at places other than MCO. Last year they picked me up at the Embassy Suites. They have a list of hotels they service on their website.

I've used Florida Town Car Service in the past and found them to be reliable. They're based in Orlando and will transfer to Port Canaveral. No matter which company you choose to transfer, with 6 people, you're going to need to make arrangements accordingly because 1 vehicle will not work no matter which transfer service you choose unless it is a van or larger. You're going to need a van at a minimum. So you'll need to compare apples to apples with van service unless you are willing to hire 2 vehicles.

Hey guys! I'm planning a bachelorette party and we're sailing on the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral in February. I'm weighing the pros/cons of paying a little extra to take a limo or just sticking with the shuttle service because it's guaranteed to get us there.

Basically, there are 6 of us and the shuttle costs $36pp each way. That amounts to $432 total - do you tip the shuttle driver?

But I'm assuming the shuttle leaves from the Orlando airport, so we'd have to take ubers to the airport to get to the shuttle. 6 girls + 6 pieces of luggage, that's probably 2 ubers.

The limo is $430 plus tip so I'm assuming around $510 total r/t. That includes all the taxes/fees and would pick us up directly from our hotel.

Has anyone ever taken a limo to the port? Is it worth it?

I’m confused, you’re profile says you are west Coast but you are not flying in to MCO? Are you flying in to Daytona/Sanford, or meeting up with the girls someplace else in Florida first?

If you’re gonna Uber, why wouldn’t you just Uber to the port from wherever?

I’m confused, you’re profile says you are west Coast but you are not flying in to MCO? Are you flying in to Daytona/Sanford, or meeting up with the girls someplace else in Florida first?

If you’re gonna Uber, why wouldn’t you just Uber to the port from wherever?

Since your staying at a hotel night before, why not stay close to the port? If you’re wanting to do more for the special occasion outside of the Hotel Shuttle, you might consider contacting the hotel and see if they work with any limo companies.

My two cents, we have used limo service, car rental (stayed a few extra days), taxi and CCL's shuttle and by far the limo was the best. The CCL shuttle would be my last pick. The limo takes you right in and picks you up when you return without waiting for the bus to fill.

enjoy your cruise and have a nice time!!!

Limo would be fun since it’s 6 friends plus you could drink on the way

To save money though I’d use either Cortrans shuttle but they do have time restraints

Another good Shuttle is Cocoa Beach Shuttle. They’ll pick you up at your hotel or airport and take you to the port. Only like $21 per person

We're staying at the Waldorf Astoria in the Disney area of Orlando so an Uber XL (which most likely won't fit all 6 of us with our luggage) is about $50 each way to the airport to take a shuttle. I am California based but flying into Orlando. The limo fits 10 people plus luggage so I think we'll have plenty of room if all the luggage doesn't fit in the trunk! I think we're going with the limo, it will be a great fun start to the bachelorette party and we'll be keeping it a surprise for the bride! Thank you all for your input.

• 10 months later...
We're staying at the Waldorf Astoria in the Disney area of Orlando so an Uber XL (which most likely won't fit all 6 of us with our luggage) is about $50 each way to the airport to take a shuttle. I am California based but flying into Orlando. The limo fits 10 people plus luggage so I think we'll have plenty of room if all the luggage doesn't fit in the trunk! I think we're going with the limo, it will be a great fun start to the bachelorette party and we'll be keeping it a surprise for the bride! Thank you all for your input.

What limo service did you end up going with? I'm preparing to book a limo for MCO to Cocoa Beach precruise and trying to decide. Thank you.