Haven questions

slvrchr1459

My husband and I are on the Breakaway to Bermuda at the end of May, and just upgraded our room to the Haven spa suite last week (we heard so many good things on here about the Haven!). I have two questions:

How do we get in touch with our concierge precruise? Will we get information from Norwegian or do we need to contact someone since we upgraded so late?

How do we use the shore excursion credit? Can the concierge book an excursion for us or is it easier to just book on our own?

Thanks for any info you can give us about these questions or any other precruise Haven tips! We have cruised NCL twice before but it's our first time in a suite, so will take any information we can get!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congratulations no your upgrade! the H9 is incredible. We did it last year on our Getaway cruise. I'm on the week before you, and hoping for a bid upsell!

I believe they called me last year, but there is a number that you can call to put in any of your requests. If it's still in service, it's 855-625-4283

As far as your excursions, I would book them through NCL over the phone and let them know that you have a $50 credit per day, and they should apply it. If you already purchased the excursions, they should be able to adjust it over the phone. I don't recommend waiting until you get on the ship to book excursions, because there's a good chance that they'll be sold out.

Congratulations on the H9! It's going to be very hard to go back after you are pampered for the entire week. And the Spa access is just incredible!

How do we get in touch with our concierge precruise? Will we get information from Norwegian or do we need to contact someone since we upgraded so late?

You will contact the concierge desk (email provided by "Ddmc" a few posts ago), not the actual concierge that is working on the ship. The information will then be forwarded to the ship.

Upgraded from mini suite to H-5 do I get back money on beverage service charge and dinner service charge since I got all perks now on my confirmation. First time in Haven thanks for any help

Upgraded from mini suite to H-5 do I get back money on beverage service charge and dinner service charge since I got all perks now on my confirmation. First time in Haven thanks for any help

Nope. Your perks remain the same. They move with you. You do not get upgraded perks.

Upgraded from mini suite to H-5 do I get back money on beverage service charge and dinner service charge since I got all perks now on my confirmation.

Upgrade by paying current retail price difference = get all suite promotions & refund of any gratuities already paid on lower cabin promotions.

Upgrade through Advantage bidding process = keep your old promotions and no refund of gratuities paid.

My wife and I have only been on one NCL cruise, but it was in the Haven and we loved it. We've booked our second Haven suite for a TA in 2018. I'm sure you'll love it.

Granted, this is from a very small sample (one cruise) but our concierge was amazing and you should really plan on coordinating everything through him/her. It was invaluable. A lot of things on board need reservations in advance, but the concierge could work miracles. We were outside of the comedy club one night and people were in the waitlist line. We called the concierge and asked if we could get in and he said "done!" We hung up and walked in.

My husband and I are on the Breakaway to Bermuda at the end of May, and just upgraded our room to the Haven spa suite last week (we heard so many good things on here about the Haven!). I have two questions:

Congratulations. What day are you cruising? We are in a spa Havens in May. I hope you picked a room on the port side. Starboard rooms are right under the gym and you'll get a lot of runners starting very early every morning.

You do not contact your concierge. You can call the preconcierge who is just a help desk. Having sailed in many suites, and find the preconcierge useless. 50 day prior to cruise you will get your luggage rages and letter with contact information for the preconcierge.

How do we use the shore excursion credit? Can the concierge book an excursion for us or is it easier to just book on our own?

Call the special shore ex number 1-866-625-1167 to book your shore excursions before sailing. You will pay the full price on board. Once you take the shore ex, a $50 credit will be posted to your account.

Thanks for any info you can give us about these questions or any other precruise Haven tips! We have cruised NCL twice before but it's our first time in a suite, so will take any information we can get!

The people who will serve you are on the ship. Not at the preconcierge help desk. The letter you get will offer you a choice of coffee (regular or decaf) and tea. And select a pillow (feather or foam). They don't offer anything else. You can ask them to make reservations for you, but they don't have anything more than regular agents.

Have a great cruise. The americas cup preliminary heats are in the dockyards starting at the end of May.

the H9 was my 1st cruise. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2421957

i hope you arent under the gym or across from a crew door. but for an upsell price id probably deal anyway :) i found stuff like emptying the fridge was easier to make the request in person. but dinner reservation changes were made quickly via email before my trip. the quick em/disembark is a huge plus in that terribly crowded terminal.