Escape from Miami, 12/9/17 Trip Report

anonmom

My sexy husband and I are taking our first solo cruise for our honeymoon, and I'm going to review it here. I'll start with the pre-cruise stuff now and probably continue through sail away, maybe upload a few pics when we have WiFi on shore, and then finish the review after we get home.

A little about us: I am 41, he is 33, we live in Minneapolis with our daughter and our cats. We got married in July and had a fabulous wedding/Fourth of July long weekend/family reunion, so we planned our honeymoon for this week so that we could actually spend time with our friends and family after our wedding, and then escape the Minnesota cold in December!

We left our house at 7 am, left MSP at 9 am on Delta, arrived at MIA at 2 pm, and arrived at the Intercontinental at 3:30 pm. Uneventful flight, nice clean public transportation, and a beautiful room with great service so far!

Only disappointing thing is that my phone is refusing to post pics here. Any one else having trouble with the new picture post format?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Hi! I’ll see you on board. I’m at O’Hare awaiting my flight to Miami!

I will be 41 in a couple weeks, and I just started dating a 33 year old...nice to see it can work [emoji6]. He won’t be with me; just me this time. I booked last minute last week.

See you on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I need to figure out this photo issue! We had drinks at Toro Toro, walked through Bayfront Park, saw the Freedom Tower, ate at Pollo y Jarras, spent some quality honeymoon time in our room and now we're at Area 31 at the Epic.

We're having fun, but I think we're pretty clear on the fact that downtown Miami is just too cool for us...

Beautiful room at the Intercontinental. You can see the ships at the dock out the panoramic window:

a43f60c5b3b73cf9a43fe8a67e3ce8d3.jpg

We went downstairs to Toro Toro for our complimentary cocktail:

b58c5f2875b6247d139568c9fa6becdf.jpg

I had the Puesta del Sol which was amazing and fruity, but still totally light and refreshing; and my husband got the Age @Grace.

f9ceadf54f532fae67df6f2ec5e10e1f.jpg

Beautiful Bayfront Park is a lovely place to take a stroll, see what ships are in, etc.

ed0e1c0fa093ab4f2bfa81f04dfe0a00.jpg

We'll definitely stay at the Intercontinental again, if only because there is such a great playground and fun things for kids right by the waterfront, and lots of space to walk around and see the bay, the river, the ships. (We usually cruise with our 6 year old daughter.) We didn't actually take a pic of the playground, because she isn't with us and we're not creepers. But here are a few fun highlights:

e704f5d35969e7b1f5d8fca1c5a7952d.jpg

5eb60cd9d07c8282e08dc54f5f9bcd8d.jpg

d0eefd7ed7bc6d61d20737b9564c1685.jpg

And then we went to Pollos y Jarras for dinner, which was so tasty that we couldn't stop to take pics of our food before we accidentally ate it...

But here is part of the menu. I can vouch for the fried yuca and the Big Sandwiches. Yum! The chicken is so juicy, just like rotisserie chicken should be. And they have great dipping sauces. The amuse bouche is a tiny bowl of aguadito de pollo, a little spicy for my taste, but delicious nonetheless. We'll definitely be back here next time we embarrassing in Miami.

2fddac1ee59bb60a5aa7789b7d493e97.jpg

8402a67fc06b6ae8c29c6939fd141ed1.jpg

eee106ce742a0839fbd953b8b1cabf97.jpg

For drinks, I had the Cevichini 105 and my husband had the Cesar Vallejo, both very good!

d3b4faa1a3b9d1a2783f6c1f61c10f1f.jpg

5edca2af5d87721e4c642457a4d7763c.jpg

696be5236d6e4b989fc80a096d31b973.jpg