Need advice on back to back cruises different ships!

i will be doing Empress of the Seas on April 19-24 and will be getting on Enchantment of the seas right after April 24-28 out of port of Miami.My question is will they be on the same terminal? How would I got about moving my luggage and stuff. I called RCCL they seem confused and didn't give me much info. Has anyone done this that can share some light !!!

Thanks

Doing similar with Enchantment / Navigator

I don't expect any help as it's a different ship and will be at a different terminal

Unless there's any really special in place I'd say pack up, collect luggage the following morning, walk down pier to terminal of new ship, re-check in

I'd plan for a short taxi ride. Even if the ships were on the same side of the port, they could be 2-3 ships in-between them. But the times we've seen the Empress- they were on the south side of the island port.

Try to get a really late tag number to be last, walk off, taxi over, check in. Or walk all of your stuff off last, which ever works.

No question you have to fully pack up and move over on your own.

i will be doing Empress of the Seas on April 19-24 and will be getting on Enchantment of the seas right after April 24-28 out of port of Miami.My question is will they be on the same terminal? How would I got about moving my luggage and stuff. I called RCCL they seem confused and didn't give me much info. Has anyone done this that can share some light !!!

Thanks

The Empress should be the 1st ship at dock and the EOTS will be 2nd. Just a short walk between them. Be the last off the Empress and the 1st on the EOTS. You will pack like the end of any cruise and unpack again. We have done it and a lot of fun. We will be boarding the Empress the day you debark. Stormy

I have done this Many Times.

As others have said, usually they are parked next to each other (Depending on how many and what ships are in port).

No rush to get up and going in the morning as you can't get on the next ship until 11ish.

It would be hard to get a cab to do this in Miami as they are looking for the 27.00 airport fare, not a small half mile fare (Worse case scenario). I have been told by cabbies before just trying to get across the bridge to Bayside because it is too short.

Go to guest services, ask to be put on the free shuttle transfer to another Royal Caribbean ship. We have done this before in Ft. Lauderdale. I believe they also do it at the Miami Port.

Usually on the debarkation form there is a spot that says transfer to another ship and asks for the booking # (If I remember right). I would "assume" that they would have this on Empress.

Our past 10 cruises since last spring there are no longer debarkation forms. The info you put in when doing online check in is used. There is no transfer to another ship.

Free transfers are few and far between did them twice but waited forever in hot. Much easier to grab a cab and get them to transport. No more than $10 and well worth the price!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At the Tampa port they, also, have provided a shuttle between Rhapsody and Brilliance. So I suggest just checking with Guest Services when you get on the ship.

The Port of Tampa does provide a nice Greyhound like bus for the back to back cruisers in the same port between the Brilliance and the Rhapsody. The Florida Aquarium separates terminal 3 and terminal 2. You do need to pick up your luggage from the first sailing, and walk it to the transfer bus going to the other ship. We used to walk from one terminal to the other or hire a porter to cart our luggage to the other terminal...

Thank You Royal Caribbean for providing this service....

When we got off enchantment in November ...empress was in the next terminal ...any easy walk if it is the same..I know because my car service was parked in the empress terminal instead :) .. We just rolled on over. we were headed up to FLL to board the serenade...

The Port of Tampa does provide a nice Greyhound like bus for the back to back cruisers in the same port between the Brilliance and the Rhapsody. The Florida Aquarium separates terminal 3 and terminal 2. You do need to pick up your luggage from the first sailing, and walk it to the transfer bus going to the other ship. We used to walk from one terminal to the other or hire a porter to cart our luggage to the other terminal...

Thank You Royal Caribbean for providing this service....

We just did that walk this past January. We went from Brilliance to Rhapsody and porters picked up our bags right in front of the Aquarium. Very easy.