Easiest way to do a live thread with pictures

Personally I found it easiest to use the Forums app on my phone and take any photos I wanted to include with the review using the phone. That way it only required uploading the photos to cruise critic, rather than transferring from a camera to a computer and then uploading. I also did the typing from my laptop, and then put the pictures in their own post, just because it is easier for me to type on a computer and easier for me to upload photos from the phone.

When I do a live report I do the majority of my postings through the Tapatalk app. It makes it easy to post the pictures I have taken with my phone. I also have an Eyefi Mobi SD memory card in my Nikon so the pictures on my camera download to my phone and I can also post those with Tapatalk. .

When I do a live report I do the majority of my postings through the Tapatalk app. It makes it easy to post the pictures I have taken with my phone. I also have an Eyefi Mobi SD memory card in my Nikon so the pictures on my camera download to my phone and I can also post those with Tapatalk. .

Love the Eyefi, works with Canon as well, my problem is deleting all the pics in the Mobi gallery. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Personally I found it easiest to use the Forums app on my phone and take any photos I wanted to include with the review using the phone. That way it only required uploading the photos to cruise critic, rather than transferring from a camera to a computer and then uploading. I also did the typing from my laptop, and then put the pictures in their own post, just because it is easier for me to type on a computer and easier for me to upload photos from the phone.

I agree with posting from the forums app on your phone. I do have a SD card reader that connects to my phone for the big landscape photos I take with my camera.

It's really too bad Cruise Critic is so draconic about including pictures in posts. They block one of the biggest image sharing platforms in the world, Imgur, for seemingly no reason at all while at the same time allowing sketchy hosts. A lot of people use Photobucket which is one of the worst hosts out there (unless you pay for it, then it's just slow). Flickr seems to work, and people have said Google works but I haven't found a way to get a link to the image itself, just one that takes people to google to view it.

So while the app may be easy for adding photos, it sucks for typing. Pick your poison I guess. But unless you bring a computer with you, then doing a 'live' review may require your phone anyways.

I just completed my first live review, from Grandeur. I had a lot of fun doing it and plan to post more pix and less wordy next time. So easy with my IPad mini for taking pix, writing text and carrying it around.

Good luck and have fun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's really too bad Cruise Critic is so draconic about including pictures in posts. They block one of the biggest image sharing platforms in the world, Imgur, for seemingly no reason at all while at the same time allowing sketchy hosts. A lot of people use Photobucket which is one of the worst hosts out there (unless you pay for it, then it's just slow). Flickr seems to work, and people have said Google works but I haven't found a way to get a link to the image itself, just one that takes people to google to view it.

So while the app may be easy for adding photos, it sucks for typing. Pick your poison I guess. But unless you bring a computer with you, then doing a 'live' review may require your phone anyways.

This is where tapatalk excels. Free image hosting and it automatically sizes them for you. Just type, add a picture from your gallery and keep typing. You only log in once. It's super simple and no copying and pasting links or downloading pictures and resizing them. Alot of times if I am posting from my laptop and need to insert a pic, I'll go back to my phone and edit the post from the tapatalk app to add the picture. It's just that much easier to do.

-Sean

You can either move the cursor to where you want it in the paragraph before you select your pictures or my preferred method is just cut and paste the link to where you want the pic to appear in the text.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sure, but that negates the advantage of selecting several pics at once. 😉

I flip between the two, but mainly use the CC App

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

TapaTalk is easier than CC app in that you can choose several pictures while in gallery. However I haven't been able to add text between the pictures when I do that429ce6df06235e16ed2e16dfe3acd056.jpgd7d19043162ff8bd89cb4ce9125403c3.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

John, try this

I figured it out but it is cumbersome as you have to do it each time. First you need to make sure the circle with the check in at (at the top menu) is unchecked. This part you only have to do that once.

Then when you click Quick Reply tap the circle with the up arrow in it to get the extended menu. on the right there will be a left arrow with two lines next to it. click that and it will bring up a window about Advanced Editor. Click OK and it will work like the old editor and allow you to put spaces and text between pictures.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

John, try this

I figured it out but it is cumbersome as you have to do it each time. First you need to make sure the circle with the check in at (at the top menu) is unchecked. This part you only have to do that once.

Then when you click Quick Reply tap the circle with the up arrow in it to get the extended menu. on the right there will be a left arrow with two lines next to it. click that and it will bring up a window about Advanced Editor. Click OK and it will work like the old editor and allow you to put spaces and text between pictures.

Nevermind, I think they changed it again