Nachi Cocum or Passion Island - Decisions Decisions

maxwell8272

Those are two very different experiences. Passion Island is like a Corona commercial, but the included drinks were very low quality. And I got bitten by bugs, even with repellent on. Compare that to Nachi Cocum. Top shelf drinks, delicious lunch, a dedicated server, hot tub, pool and beach. I depends what you are looking for, but I would not return to Paradise Island. We have been to Nachi three times and would go back on any sunny day.

Those are two very different experiences. Passion Island is like a Corona commercial, but the included drinks were very low quality. And I got bitten by bugs, even with repellent on. Compare that to Nachi Cocum. Top shelf drinks, delicious lunch, a dedicated server, hot tub, pool and beach. I depends what you are looking for, but I would not return to Paradise Island. We have been to Nachi three times and would go back on any sunny day.

I agree 110%

We were at passion island last month. Had a blast, drinks were good and strong, served to us at our table with little more than a glance. Even ran a couple of group games to join if you want to.

I am so lucky that I am able to compare them. I enjoyed both experiences and believe that they are very similar. The food and drinks were on par as was the service. I also has a massage at both and believe they were equally wonderful. What I liked most about Nachi was the pool. We had the option of going from the pool to the beach and it was wonderful. What I liked best about Isla Pasion is the ride there. I took the Twister boat and it was much more fun than a taxi.

The wildlife is cool. On Isla Pasion we got to see iguanas and at Nachi, we went snorkeling and saw barracuda and stingrays.

My point is, you can't lose. They are more similar than different and both are fantastic. Next time I am in Cozumel, I will go to Nachi if I am with adults and Passion if I am with my family - if that helps you at all.

Heads up on Nachi. I was there last Tuesday from Celebrity Constellation. I had one pina colada and the guacamole. Within about 30 minutes I began to feel rather queasy. Then I became nauseated and quickly left. I barely got back to the ship before I became violently ill. This lasted about two hours. Once the food / drink came back up, I was fine. Clearly, if u go, I would not eat or drink. I spoke to one other person that was there that day from my ship and the same thing happened to her and her family. It was not noro as we were fine once we got the food out our tummies. So a big word of warning!!

I have never heard of that happening to anyone else, and ice read many, many posts about Nachi Cocum. I'm sorry you got sick, but I suspect that was just one bad batch of guacamole. That could happen anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heads up on Nachi. I was there last Tuesday from Celebrity Constellation. I had one pina colada and the guacamole. Within about 30 minutes I began to feel rather queasy. Then I became nauseated and quickly left. I barely got back to the ship before I became violently ill. This lasted about two hours. Once the food / drink came back up, I was fine. Clearly, if u go, I would not eat or drink. I spoke to one other person that was there that day from my ship and the same thing happened to her and her family. It was not noro as we were fine once we got the food out our tummies. So a big word of warning!!

Not fun at all. Had that happen to me at Disney a few years ago. Miserable 5 hours that is for sure. Heck, happened to me in Myrtle Beach last year but it was 8 hours after I ate seafood. I go to Nachi a lot and eat/drink a lot -- glad that never happened to us. Getting sick on vacation is never fun.

• 4 months later...

This is great to know, I wanted to try a different beach while visiting in November, however Nachi Cocum here we come again:cool:

We've been to Cozumel 3 times and going on our 4th in December. Nachi Cocum is the absolute best! Not crowded, food, drinks and staff have been fantastic each time. Funniest thing, we bought the group entrance photo each time and I just put them in a triple frame, my fiancé is wearing the same clothes in all three pictures. Shoot, it's tradition now. I'll have to pack it for our Dec cruise.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

The poster that responded first mentions Passion and Paradise both, are they the same?

We were at Passion Island a few years back and when we attempted to walk down the beach we were stopped, is this a normal thing? Or was a drug shipment due? Just kidding on that one so hold your breath. I did read something not too long along where beach walks were allowed, is that true? Thanks in advance.

Passion Island and Paradise Beach are two different facilities - I suspect is might have been a margarita induced typo! :rolleyes:

I've never had an issue with strolling along the shore in coz, but going in to use facilities you have not paid for is a no-no

My wife and I have been to Nachi 3 times.

One of the best pieces of fish I have ever had in my life was the grilled grouper at Nachi.

The guacamole and the drinks [and everything else I have eaten there] are great also.

If you want to party and dance, then it's not for you; Nachi has a laid back relaxing soothing vibe.

My only complaint is that every time I have been there the pool is way too cold to enjoy ! :eek: