Very early cabin assignment

Maverine

Hi fellow cruisers, we just booked an X (Guarantee Balcony) on Celebrity Eclipse and right after paying the deposit we got our cabin assignment. More than 150 days in advance! My sister also booked a guarantee (XC) and also immediatly got her assignment. Never heard about specifying a guarantee that early. I can only guess that this particular cruise is almost sold out but maybe someone has a different explanation. I´m not complaining, I´m fine with what I´ll get (2B) but just curious about this fact.

We purchased a A2 b2b gty for Silhouette 2/1/19 & 2/10/19 while on Eclipse last month. Assigned a cabin b within days for the 2/1 cruise and no assignment for the second cruise. Both show no cabins in that category or an A1 at this time, and we're not happy with the cabin assigned - 1503, very front. Will wait and hope people will cancel or we'll move to another category that we like.

Hal

Yesterday morning I booked a May sailing through an online agency. A few hours later my cabin was assigned . Though it is not an area I would book, I am very pleased with it as a guarantee. I saved $400 going guarantee instead of the cheapest level in that category and got bumped up a level.

There are tons (hundreds) of cabins left on our sailing.

Past couple years Celebrity has often (but not always) been fairly quick with assigning guarantees; it is not uncommon to be assigned within a couple of days of the booking. Occasionally there is a long wait, but that seems to be the exception rather than the norm with Celebrity.

As for the comment about moving to another room within the category, my understanding that is typically permitted for North American bookings, but the OP is from Germany - where different rules apply.

We were once assigned a guarantee cabin while it was still on courtesy hold :D (3 days here in Europe). Obviously we were very happy, as changing cabins is not an option in European bookings if I am correct, and we were very pleased though with the 1C we got for a balcony guarantee rate. This was a non sold out sailing though, so this may have expedited the assignment. On another note, the cabin we got assigned was not showing available on the scanning site that lists all available cabins - so X is likely keeping a group of cabins back for guarantee assignment that are not available to book for the public. Just sth to keep in mind if your category shows sold out. ;)

We've always received our assignment on Celebrity within hours of booking it....not so on other lines. Anyways, always given very decent room assignments from the get go. And, 3 of the guaranteed cabins we booked resulted in an upgrade to a much nicer cabin once onboard. Guess we are blessed!!

Our 2 cruises last year we waited and waited to get our cabins assigned. One of them we did not get assigned until 6 days prior to sailing.

Now we just booked a cruise a week ago and we were assigned our cabin in 5 days.

I have no clue how / when they decide to assign cabins.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. So far we only booked guarantees with other cruise lines and had to wait until about two weeks before boarding. Never knew that Celebrity is known for assigning cabins that early. The cabin we got is fine for us (better is always possible) but let’s see if the upgrade fairy 🧚*♀️ will offer us another upgrade (like one poster experienced). 😉