Towel animals on the Magic

LuckyZ

We had 8 days of towel animals in our Horizon balcony at the cruises' end. Here is one "benefit" I would gladly give up to see a lower fare.

When I travel solo, I usually ask my room steward not to make any at all. I've seen them all, big deal, and this saves time and laundry.

We had 8 days of towel animals in our Horizon balcony at the cruises' end. Here is one "benefit" I would gladly give up to see a lower fare.

When I travel solo, I usually ask my room steward not to make any at all. I've seen them all, big deal, and this saves time and laundry.

I don't mean this to sound snarky, negative, offensive, or any of those words, but I suspect your opinion on towel animals - though I do respect it as yours - is in a very small minority. Kids love them, as do many adults. I am one of those adults and would miss them if the tradition were stopped. They are a part of the Carnival cruise experience for me, something familiar and pleasant, sort of like a comfort food, I guess.:)

I don't mean this to sound snarky, negative, offensive, or any of those words, but I suspect your opinion on towel animals - though I do respect it as yours - is in a very small minority. Kids love them, as do many adults. I am one of those adults and would miss them if the tradition were stopped. They are a part of the Carnival cruise experience for me, something familiar and pleasant, sort of like a comfort food, I guess.:)

Oh I know, I'm in the tiniest minority here. My attitude comes from cruising so often that I've seen 'em all and they no longer have any "o look at this one" surprise or wonder. Plus I've stayed in a few hotels along the coast of Playa del Carmen and elsewhere that had much more intricate designs that the simple twist ones that Carnival staff devise.

BTW, I also prefer my travel and food to be more energetic and unique, rather than familiar and comforting. JMO, and YMMV, which I also respect. That's what makes the world go round.

Perhaps I should have said that by having 8 towel animals on my sofa, if Carnival was doing that for every one of the 1965 cabins, it was taking at least 16,000 towels out of circulation until turnover day, increasing the workload of an already hectic and busy shift. (At least I'm hoping the towels would get laundered!) Just reuse the same towels for the next days creature or not allow 8 days to build up?

Edited by evandbob

Not snarky, negative, ect. at all. Lol I completely agree! Yes I'm old. Yes I absolutely love them[emoji3]... When we bring our 7yo, and or the Grands, sometimes with our older kids & sometimes without, and even when we cruise blissfully alone, We Love Them... It's entirely a subjective thing. So don't worry about what anyone else may or may not think of your thoughts. You own them. Celebrate that. We do. It makes for happier Cruisin. Happier life.

[emoji924]️ Cruisin Trkrs [emoji597]

Oh I know, I'm in the tiniest minority here. My attitude comes from cruising so often that I've seen 'em all and they no longer have any "o look at this one" surprise or wonder. Plus I've stayed in a few hotels along the coast of Playa del Carmen and elsewhere that had much more intricate designs that the simple twist ones that Carnival staff devise.

BTW, I also prefer my travel and food to be more energetic and unique, rather than familiar and comforting. JMO, and YMMV, which I also respect. That's what makes the world go round.

Perhaps I should have said that by having 8 towel animals on my sofa, if Carnival was doing that for every one of the 1965 cabins, it was taking at least 16,000 towels out of circulation until turnover day, increasing the workload of an already hectic and busy shift. (At least I'm hoping the towels would get laundered!) Just reuse the same towels for the next days creature or not allow 8 days to build up?

I get what you are saying. For someone like my wife and I that only cruise 1-2 times a year, they are symbol of having returned to a beloved place/event. If I saw them 10 times a year, I might eventually come to feel the way you do about them. Law of diminishing returns.

Not snarky, negative, ect. at all. Lol I completely agree! Yes I'm old. Yes I absolutely love them[emoji3]... When we bring our 7yo, and or the Grands, sometimes with our older kids & sometimes without, and even when we cruise blissfully alone, We Love Them... It's entirely a subjective thing. So don't worry about what anyone else may or may not think of your thoughts. You own them. Celebrate that. We do. It makes for happier Cruisin. Happier life.

[emoji924]️ Cruisin Trkrs [emoji597]

Thanks. I was just trying to avoid getting into a long debate that I don't have time for today. I'm 58 and male and love the towel animals.:hearteyes:

OP here

Reason I ask is we are traveling with my adult kids and my 3 year old granddaughter and thought she’d like them. Will they automatically do them if they know it’s a young child in the room or do I need to tip the room steward ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP here

Reason I ask is we are traveling with my adult kids and my 3 year old granddaughter and thought she’d like them. Will they automatically do them if they know it’s a young child in the room or do I need to tip the room steward ?

It's usually automatic, although when you meet your steward the first day, you can mention that you'll want the towel animals every day.

Thanks. I was just trying to avoid getting into a long debate that I don't have time for today. I'm 58 and male and love the towel animals.:hearteyes:

I'm 64 and male and looking forward to them on my first ever cruise in October. The pictures I've seen are adorable.

We had them in May on Magic & I took a picture of every one of them. I always look forward to seeing what my steward makes every day. If they stopped doing them, I would be okay with it - I'm sure it takes a lot of time when they're doing a bunch for all their cabins.

I don't mean this to sound snarky, negative, offensive, or any of those words, :)

Not at all snarky or the other things but I too could care less about the towel animals. Never missed them when I cruise on Princes.

Do room stewards still do towel animals in the rooms? Particularly wanting to know about the Magic

Yes they still did the towel animals on Magic in April, but even better on the last sea day they FILLED UP the whole lido main pool area with towel animals, and there were even about a dozen giant human sized towel critters 'sunning' in the loungers :p I almost missed it (they started removing them at about 11:00am) but DH saw it and came running to find me. It was an awesome display of handiwork :)