Grandeur have a Concierge Lounge or Suite Lounge

Does the Grandeur still have a Concierge Lounge?

I'm trying to prepare in case I get an upsell call for a GS on June sailing.. Thank you.

I am guessing that you have been on the Grandeur before, perhaps more than once. Perhaps often.

Then you would know that the Diamond Lounge is quite nice, and certainly not a downgrade from any Concierge Lounge or Suite Lounge.

I don't understand how CL vs SL would color your thinking about a Grand Suite.

I am guessing that you have been on the Grandeur before, perhaps more than once. Perhaps often.

Then you would know that the Diamond Lounge is quite nice, and certainly not a downgrade from any Concierge Lounge or Suite Lounge.

I don't understand how CL vs SL would color your thinking about a Grand Suite.

This will be our third time. It is also our 30th anniversary. We have not sailed on her since we were platinum so I never bothered to explore.

We have a JS now and are not diamond. Use of A! lounge would be the most significant perk. Lesser so the free room service. You are right it doesn't matter to me which it is.

Since the Grandeur doesn't have the reserved pool seating or walk in closets it's the only perk that comes with upgrading. I'm merely trying to identify the value of doing for us.

• 1 month later...

We've sailed on the Grandeur many times and, as everybody has confirmed, there is a Concierge Lounge located by the Viking Crown Lounge. It is small, but quite nice with lots of windows and they do open it up and expand the lounge when it gets crowded in the evenings, sealing off a section of the Viking Lounge for CL passengers. The Diamond Lounge is OK, but as someone else mentioned, it is right by the South Pacific Lounge where there is much activity, e.g. bingo, auctions, dance classes, etc. The perks, however, are identical in the DL... happy hour drinks, hors d'oeuvres, great coffee machine, lots of windows, and a concierge on duty most mornings and evenings. I understand the ship is going in for some upgrades in spring 2019, but I haven't been able to verify that.

I prefer the CL to the DL on Grandeur b/c it is only steps from the elevator whereas the DL is all the way aft on Deck 6. The space and amenities are very similar but the location of the CL is better, IMO.

If things progress as they have on other ship classes, it is only a matter of time until the CL becomes a SL but as far as I know, there are no current plans to make that change.

Since this issue was reopened, let me add something.

I sometimes prefer to go to the Diamond Lounge because it is MUCH easier to access.

There are only two elevators that go up to the Viking Crown Lounge. Waiting for one, either to go up, or to go back down, can take quite a long time. QUITE A LONG TIME.

Deck 6 is just waaaaaay more accessible.

:)

• 3 weeks later...
Since this issue was reopened, let me add something.

I sometimes prefer to go to the Diamond Lounge because it is MUCH easier to access.

There are only two elevators that go up to the Viking Crown Lounge. Waiting for one, either to go up, or to go back down, can take quite a long time. QUITE A LONG TIME.

Deck 6 is just waaaaaay more accessible.

:)

Definitely true. And if one of those elevators isn't working, it could take an even LONGER time. On the other hand, I do like the deck 11 remoteness of the Concierge Lounge. It is not easily spotted and is not likely going to be stumbled upon by other guests (and/or their kids).