Mattresses on Regents

papaflamingo

My wife is very sensitive to firmness of mattresses. She needs a "soft top." Usually she puts a topper on the mattresses. We are doing a 44 night Hawaii to Sydney cruise on Mariner in a Penthouse. She's thinking of buying a topper in Honolulu, but I was wondering if anyone had any input as to the comfort of the mattresses, and whether or not toppers are available on the ship if needed?

Thanks

I find the mattresses on Regent (all ships) extremely comfortable. That said, your wife should tell your TA she will like a topper for the mattress just in case. I bet Regent has them or will get them for her. One thing about Regent is that they try their best to accommodate your wishes. I take it this is your first Regent cruise since you're inquiring about the mattress. I love their beds. Have a wonderful cruise.

forevertravel:)

papaflamingo,

It appears that the Mariner is getting new bedding during the April refurbishment. So I suggest you ask your question about the softness of the beds again after the refurbishment is finished.

We've been on Navigator post-refurb and on Explorer twice in the past year and the bedding is, IMO, superb. As others have said, they'll work with you to 'fine-tune' your bedding as much as possible. I wouldn't have any worries about finding a comfortable configuration.

PS - papaflamingo, as an aside, it's 'Regent' without the 'S'...but either way it's a great cruise line. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :D

We've been on Navigator post-refurb and on Explorer twice in the past year and the bedding is, IMO, superb. As others have said, they'll work with you to 'fine-tune' your bedding as much as possible. I wouldn't have any worries about finding a comfortable configuration.

PS - papaflamingo, as an aside, it's 'Regent' without the 'S'...but either way it's a great cruise line. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :D

Thanks for the information. Sorry about the "s." :cool:

papaflamingo,

It appears that the Mariner is getting new bedding during the April refurbishment. So I suggest you ask your question about the softness of the beds again after the refurbishment is finished.

The refurbishment is in March. We are sailing April 4 on the reposition cruise to Miami from Barcelona.

The refurbishment is in March. We are sailing April 4 on the reposition cruise to Miami from Barcelona.

According to the article on another thread, the refurbishment is in April. The cruise you are on is likely moving the Mariner to Europe. She will likely sail to Marseille from Barcelona at the conclusion of your cruise.

papaflamingo,

Thank you. I'll do that. I see that they are getting new mattresses. I think my wife worries too much. Then again, I'm a "hotel veteran" from my job, so I can pretty much sleep anywhere. But you know the old saying, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." :cool::cool: