Rental Car shuttle to Port Everglades

Suzyrn89

Im trying to find out which rental cars will give you a ride to Port Everglades when you drop your car. We are staying overnight before sailing out, in the past we have used Sixt and Avis but both of their prices are much higher than some of the others.

Im trying to find out which rental cars will give you a ride to Port Everglades when you drop your car. We are staying overnight before sailing out, in the past we have used Sixt and Avis but both of their prices are much higher than some of the others.

We've used Thrifty/Dollar & Budget...Also try pricing your rental with Costco.

I have rented a car from Alamo, for both the pre-trip and post-trip from my cruise leaving from Port Everglades from Costco. I have found that their prices are cheaper than anywhere else that i have looked. I called Alamo to be sure that they have a shuttle between the cruise port and the airport and was told that they have transport going both ways.

Hi there,

The following info is courtesy of member MADflyer, with my own notes included:

ONLY Alamo/National shuttle from Fort Lauderdale Airport. Must show return receipt to board shuttle. I use a big box store website and they often have incredible rates.

Off site offices include:

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Hyatt Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit.

Contact them to see about a shuttle.

Once again, we rented from Enterprise at FLL and returned the car to the central rental garage on the morning of our cruise. We took the free shuttle to PE as we have done for the past few years. We showed our rental agreement receipt to the driver who helped load the luggage.

Alamo and National are both owned by Enterprise and all use the same shuttle.

Darcy

Just about all of them but Sixt have shuttles back to the port. Sixt operates like they are still in Europe and are struggling to figure out how to do business in the US.

Here are plenty of recommendations...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=95421363

Hi there,

The following info is courtesy of member MADflyer, with my own notes included:

ONLY Alamo/National shuttle from Fort Lauderdale Airport. Must show return receipt to board shuttle. I use a big box store website and they often have incredible rates.

Off site offices include:

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Hyatt Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit.

Contact them to see about a shuttle.

As WatchHill says above, Enterprise owns Alamo and National, so of course Enterprise operates the shuttle at FLL with Alamo and National.

Enterprise also has a location in the Hilton Marina on 17th Street, while Thrifty and Dollar run a shuttle run a shuttle from their Miami Ave location Sixt and Hertz offer no shuttles.

Edited by Lido_Deck

I in no way mean to be problematic or argumentative, but I always like to check my facts before traveling. I will be flying into FLL 2 days before a cruise and had wanted to rent a car, return it to the airport and then shuttle to the cruise port.

Based on the above comments, I called Enterprise at the airport. Per Alan, he said that there is not a shuttle to the cruise port. Could it be that he just doesn't know?

We'll be traveling in January and this would be the easiest way to get around.....

Cheers.

I in no way mean to be problematic or argumentative, but I always like to check my facts before traveling. I will be flying into FLL 2 days before a cruise and had wanted to rent a car, return it to the airport and then shuttle to the cruise port.

Based on the above comments, I called Enterprise at the airport. Per Alan, he said that there is not a shuttle to the cruise port. Could it be that he just doesn't know?

We'll be traveling in January and this would be the easiest way to get around.....

Cheers.

Are you sure you called the right location? You are talking about a shuttle Port Everglades, correct?

Enterprise has a location inside the Hilton Marina which would be closer to the port.

Cheers.

Pick your rental up at FLL then return it to the Enterprise location in the Hilton Marina...no need to take it back to FLL.

I just returned from a seven day sailing on Royal Caribbean's Allure Of The Seas on November 13th, 2016. We rented a vehicle from Alamo and used the free shuttle to pick up the vehicle at FLL. Alamo, National, and Enterprise actually use the Fort Lauderdale International Airports buses that transport passengers between terminals. At 10:00AM we waited at least thirty minutes for a bus to arrive after we were advised that the earlier bus was full. When the second bus arrived he was actually dropping off passsengers to the various terminals. We explained that we waited over thirty minutes and he told us to board the bus and he would return to FLL after he was finished. We spent another thirty minutes while he dropped off passengers departing on Holland America and Princess cruise ships. There was at least another twenty passengers waiting for another bus to arrive. While waiting I saw the shuttles for Hertz, Dollar, Thifty, Budget, and Sixt picking up passengers. I know personally that these shuttles only go to off site locations and do not provide service to FLL.

Cheers.

I will be renting a car in West Palm Beach and dropping it off somewhere near Port Everglades before embarking on a cruise in February. Based on everyone's comments regarding shuttles, I also called Enterprise, Alamo and National yesterday to double check. A lady at the FLL Enterprise office also told me they do not have a shuttle between FLL and PE! I tried calling the Alamo and National FLL offices 2 days straight as well but no one answered the phone so I just called the Alamo toll free number and was told Alamo does not have a shuttle either (of course, they probably have the wrong information in their system).

An addendum to all of this is that sometimes the shuttles are more trouble than they are worth. Adding an hour to your day for a "free" shuttle is ridiculous. A cab between the two points is less than $15.00. :)

Will probably do this if the above does not work! Kinda seems like the shuttle is a bit of a hassle.

Edited by aliahdance

We arrive one day early and need a car. I currently have a car rented to pick up at FLL and return near port and then take the shuttle from there to port. I also have a car rented pick up and return to FLL.

I called the local number of Enterprise at FLL they say there is no shuttle take a taxi. I called the local number to Alamo and she said the shuttle it for all three, Alamo, National and Enterprise.

I guess I will take the chance at FLL since that rental is $30 cheaper then the one way rental. Even if I have to take a cab it will still be cheaper.

I will be renting a car in West Palm Beach and dropping it off somewhere near Port Everglades before embarking on a cruise in February. Based on everyone's comments regarding shuttles, I also called Enterprise, Alamo and National yesterday to double check. A lady at the FLL Enterprise office also told me they do not have a shuttle between FLL and PE! I tried calling the Alamo and National FLL offices 2 days straight as well but no one answered the phone so I just called the Alamo toll free number and was told Alamo does not have a shuttle either (of course, they probably have the wrong information in their system).

Will probably do this if the above does not work! Kinda seems like the shuttle is a bit of a hassle.

Then don't return to FLL. Instead return to one of the locations near the port with Budget, Thrifty, Enterprise, Hertz or Avis.

• 2 months later...

For those wondering about a car rental shuttle from the Fort Lauderdale airport to Port Everglades, I thought I'd post an update after my experience today.

I rented a car from Alamo and returned it at the airport this morning. I asked about the shuttle and they said they no longer have one as they now have a location by the port which has a shuttle (just opened 2 weeks ago). They said we could return our car there so that's what we did.

The Alamo location by the port is at 1700 Eller Drive and their phone number is 954-524-8200.

For those wondering about a car rental shuttle from the Fort Lauderdale airport to Port Everglades, I thought I'd post an update after my experience today.

I rented a car from Alamo and returned it at the airport this morning. I asked about the shuttle and they said they no longer have one as they now have a location by the port which has a shuttle (just opened 2 weeks ago). They said we could return our car there so that's what we did.

The Alamo location by the port is at 1700 Eller Drive and their phone number is 954-524-8200.

Did you reserve it that way or did they just let you return it to Eller? FLL>FLL is $40..................FLL>Eller is $59 if I reserve it ahead of time. Thanks

Did you reserve it that way or did they just let you return it to Eller? FLL>FLL is $40..................FLL>Eller is $59 if I reserve it ahead of time. Thanks

They just let me return it to Eller, even though my reservation said FLL. I asked about picking it up at Eller after my cruise, and they said I could do that no problem.