Considering Escape to Bermuda but new to NCL....what do I need to know?

Heatherco

Hi there! We recently (last week) got off the Freedom of the Seas on Royal Caribbean and are now looking at another cruise for just my husband and myself in May.

We came across the Escape sailing out of NY to Bermuda and are interested in this sailing.

We have sailed Carnival, Celebrity and Royal numerous times. We love Royal Caribbean ships but thought it might be fun to try NCL.

Can anyone tell me the differences between the lines? Is room service free? Do they have a beverage package? How is the food? How much extra are the specialty restaurants? Are there any extra fees I need to know about.

I will start researching, but was wondering if anyone could offer any advice?

Thanks so much!

Start your research with the NCL.com Frequently Asked Questions. It covers service charges, tipping, internet, room service fees, etc. Link:

https://www.ncl.com/faq

Most people are getting beverage packages and specialty restaurant dining packages as a booking promo. There are gratuity considerations associated with the FREE packages. To find out the Terms and Conditions of what and is not included, click on the promo on NCL and scroll down to the T/C.

That should get you started, feel free to come back with more specific questions.

Cheers.

Hi there! We recently (last week) got off the Freedom of the Seas on Royal Caribbean and are now looking at another cruise for just my husband and myself in May. We came across the Escape sailing out of NY to Bermuda and are interested in this sailing. We have sailed Carnival, Celebrity and Royal numerous times. We love Royal Caribbean ships but thought it might be fun to try NCL. Can anyone tell me the differences between the lines? Is room service free? Do they have a beverage package? How is the food? How much extra are the specialty restaurants? Are there any extra fees I need to know about. I will start researching, but was wondering if anyone could offer any advice? Thanks so much!

We sail NCL several times a year an the Escape is our favorite ship. It is a Quantum class sized ship in RCL-speak.

Room service charges a $7.95 service charge for all deliveries EXCEPT for free continental breakfast.

The unlimited beverage package is offered as a free promotion with most booking classes.

Most specialty restaurants are a la cart (pay by the item). A dining package is offered as a free promotion with most booking classes.

So,,, the answers to many questions (menu prices, food pics, dailies) can be found on my thread from the same itinerary last season https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449

That the Thermal SPA pass is a must unless you have kids. Very nice.

and it is fun to walk around the ropes area and do the water slides. Also the Back of the ship has a nice walk through waterfall. Loved the NCL Escape a lot.

Bermuda is quite congested so take the boat over to town.

The Escape is a great ship. Especially love The District Brewhouse and Food Republic. Specialty restaurants are very good. Entertainment is outstanding. Look for Howl at the Moon Dueling Pianos etc.