Shore excursion credits, how does it work?

coldinerie

NCL is running 2 offers on a May 2018 Southampton cruise we are booked on. Both offers are for 50.00 per port, shore excursion credits, both offers are combinable for a total of $100 discount per port.

So, my question is, how do I get the credit applied at 'check out'. I did a 'dummy' booking on line and it looks like they did not take if off my total. So, do I need to call and book?

Anyone who has done this please help. Thanks, as always CC is the best to answer these questions.

Not aware of which promotion you are speaking of specifically but with the $50 shore excursion credit per cabin, you book your excursion and then the $50 is taken off your onboard account.

Just did this on the Spirit. Pre-Booked all excursions on the excursion phone line prior to trip. The first day of cruise, all 7 excursions were charged to my account, in full. As each excursion was taken, up to $100 (both promos) were refunded back to my ship account. Worked well, just be prepared to pay all in full at embarkation, and then get refunded.

Just did this on the Spirit. Pre-Booked all excursions on the excursion phone line prior to trip. The first day of cruise, all 7 excursions were charged to my account, in full. As each excursion was taken, up to $100 (both promos) were refunded back to my ship account. Worked well, just be prepared to pay all in full at embarkation, and then get refunded.

Thanks for jetting us know!

Book (Reserve) using the toll free number to Shorex in Miami or book when on board. If you book and pay online "it is more trouble than it is worth".

Then when you board or book on board all the Shore Excursions will be charged to your Folio at the price quoted to you; if you have a Latitudes Discount it will appear at that time. Then when you have done the excursions you will get a credit each time.

If you pay in full through the website then you will find that you have a large sum of OBC!!!

Remember the refund is only UP TO $50 or $100. If the cost of the shorex is less than that you do not get the full sum.

Also remember that there is No Carry-over so it is a use it or lose it situation.

Also, except Bermuda, it is per port so an overnight you only get it once even if you do a shorex on each day (do the more expensive one the first day!!).

What about the 10% discount for Silver / Platinum Latitude Members on shore excursions? Is the 10% discounted before the $50 per room promotion is used for booking the excursion, or discounted after the $50 is used booking for the excursion. Or, is the 10% Silver /Platinum Latitude Member discount not eligible at all, on the $50 per room shore excursion.

What about the 10% discount for Silver / Platinum Latitude Members on shore excursions? Is the 10% discounted before the $50 per room promotion is used for booking the excursion, or discounted after the $50 is used booking for the excursion. Or, is the 10% Silver /Platinum Latitude Member discount not eligible at all, on the $50 per room shore excursion.

The Lat. discount is definitely eligible and the shore excursion promo $50 can be combined with the Distinctive Voyage credit as well which is how you'd get $100 discount instead of just $50, both are per cabin/per port.

How does the Shore Excursion work in Bermuda? There is only one shore. Is there on for each day in port?

I have not been there but from what I read that is the only place you get one each day which does not happen with a normal overnight.