Cabin choice on Pacific Princess

Ugaaucruisers

Hi. We will be taking our first Princess cruise in August. Would love opinions on the following cabins: 4043, 4045, 4047. 4049, 4051, 4053, 4055...which cabin would be the best? Noise, traffic, convenience?

which would be best?

Thanks soooo much!!!

Hi. We will be taking our first Princess cruise in August. Would love opinions on the following cabins: 4043, 4045, 4047. 4049, 4051, 4053, 4055...which cabin would be the best? Noise, traffic, convenience?

which would be best?

Thanks soooo much!!!

I won't be on the Pacific Princess until May 2017 but in looking at the deck plans, you might get a little noise from the promenade deck above and or the shops area.....:):):)

Bob

Hi,

We were on Tahitian Princess before they renamed her Ocean Princess. This ship is the same as Pacific Princess. I believe we were in cabin 4055. Our cabin was the first one from Passenger service desk and right by where the gangway was to get off in port. We love being there. It was quiet and when were in port I could step out side to see how cold it was (Alaska). There was a nice sitting area by the service desk. The ship is smaller so not much noise with people walking by. Just love it.

The R ships of which Pacific and Ocean are one, have very small 160 ft cabins

The balcony cabins are still 160 ft but with the balcony making it 212......

You have to get a cabin on deck 8 to get a 265 sq ft cabin that is 330 with balcony.

You either get an inside 160 sq ft or a 330 on deck 8 all the rest are the same I switched from an inside to veranda on deck 8 because iti was only a few thousand more for a 16 day cruise....

If you are looking at oceanview, consider 7006 or 7007. They have more square footage than the balconies as the space extends out where the balcony would be.

I'm in 7007 on my Alaska cruise this summer.

ALL the cabins below 8 are the same inside size only the veranda or balcony makes then sound larger.... but they are not , all 165sqft except ondeck 8 where the veranda cabins are265 sq ft but listed at over 300 because of veranda...Ah marketing

Thanks for the info. Has anyone ever stayed in cabins 4043 or 4045 or a cabin nearby? Just curious about noise from deck 5. These are some of the remaining OV on our cruise and trying to decide. We have the dimensions and etc.

Thanks again.

Hi,

We were on Tahitian Princess before they renamed her Ocean Princess. This ship is the same as Pacific Princess. I believe we were in cabin 4055. Our cabin was the first one from Passenger service desk and right by where the gangway was to get off in port. We love being there. It was quiet and when were in port I could step out side to see how cold it was (Alaska). There was a nice sitting area by the service desk. The ship is smaller so not much noise with people walking by. Just love it.

Thanks. Any issue being down the hall from the medical Center?

I have been in 4055 on the Pacific Princess. The location is great!

There is no real issue of noise from the Promenade deck since it doesn't go all the way around so people don't run on it.

The only noise was from noise from afternoon activities like Champagne Ring Toss, but those don't last that long and you can always go and join in, instead.

The entrance to the medical centre is on the port side of the ship. Using the starboard hall, you would never know it was there.

Thanks so much. Your information has been very helpful! We are currently booked in 4043 and 4045. do you think cabins farther down the hall ( 4055, 4053, 4051, or 4049 are any better as far as location?

Those cabins sound great. You are only steps from the Guest services desk and one flight down from the dining room. you have to remember this is a very small ship. I would stay where you are. Who knows, you might get upgraded to a balcony!

ALL the cabins below 8 are the same inside size only the veranda or balcony makes then sound larger.... but they are not , all 165sqft except ondeck 8 where the veranda cabins are265 sq ft but listed at over 300 because of veranda...Ah marketing

I don't think that is correct.

The two premium oceanviews mentioned (7006 & 7007) are larger than the oceanviews on the lower decks.

This is because those two are all cabin, no balcony; but they are on a balcony deck. (deck 7)

They show as 206 sq ft.

Edited by Opua Kiwi

Deck 4 oceanview cabins are comfortable for 2 people. I think you would be better off mid ship. When you are in the open Pacific you will definitely feel the motion at the front of this ship.

thanks. We are currently in 4043 and 4045. Was wondering if 4049, 4051,4053 or 4055 would be any better. You were in 4041, right?

Yes, 4041. All the cabins you listed are good choices And you won't go wrong with any of them.

Thanks for all of your help!! I think we will stay in 4043 and 4045.

Can't wait. We will be doing our first Princess cruise, as well as, our first Alaska. Love that we will be so close to the steps and deck 5 to view the great outdoors!!

You're wrong. The oceanview cabins forward on 7 and 6 are deluxe oceanviews and are larger. Facts; so inconvenient.

Another great place to spend time outdoors and watch the world go by is the Panorama buffet terrace on deck 9

Yes, that's a great place to spend time while you're eating. Otherwise, you're being a table-hog and inconveniencing people who are walking around with plates of food looking for a space to sit down.

• 1 year later...