Feedback on booking flights from STL

5bestyears

Hello,

We've just booked a Princess Cruisetour for July 2019 directly through Princess. (We begin our cruisetour in Limerick, after a transfer from Shannon)

We are from the St. Louis, Mo area, and fly out of Lambert International.

We have the option of EZ Air, or booking our flight independently.

Any thoughts?

We fly out of STL. In order to use VISA rewards to book our air, we book our own and provide the flight info to Princess on their website. We also fly in the day before and book our own hotel. So we don't bother with EZ Air or transfers on the way there. We have used it on the way home, and find it very convenient.

Sorry..,..want to understand your reply thoroughly....

We will also opt to use our VISA rewards the same way (have you flown American, United, etc??)

Have you done this trip? (e.g., flown into Ireland, etc? or England?)

Did you fly EZ Air home?

Thanks

We have not done that trip. We've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale many times, L.A., and Sydney once. We've flown American, Delta, United, depends on times and prices. We always book our own flights both ways.

Upon reflection, I think I was confusing EZ Check with EZ Air. Sorry about that. We've never used EZ Air. We use EZ Check when disembarking so we don't have to mess with bags at all until we get back to STL and pick them up at baggage claim.

I guess I haven't been very helpful.

Hi,

The good thing about using EZ Air is you can pick your flights and book it but not pay for it until final payment. Up until then you can shop around and see if you find lower priced flights on your own. There is no downside to using EZ air that I can see since you can just cancel the flight if you find a better one.

IF you want to use points to book the flight then of course that is a different story.

Thanks....quite alright.. I'll remember the EZ Check for our future trips!

Thanks again!

We have not done that trip. We've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale many times, L.A., and Sydney once. We've flown American, Delta, United, depends on times and prices. We always book our own flights both ways.

Upon reflection, I think I was confusing EZ Check with EZ Air. Sorry about that. We've never used EZ Air. We use EZ Check when disembarking so we don't have to mess with bags at all until we get back to STL and pick them up at baggage claim.

I guess I haven't been very helpful.

Thanks for the info. I'll make sure to do just that. We do have points that I would love to utilize for this trip.

I'll try to figure it out.

Thanks again for your input!

Hi,

The good thing about using EZ Air is you can pick your flights and book it but not pay for it until final payment. Up until then you can shop around and see if you find lower priced flights on your own. There is no downside to using EZ air that I can see since you can just cancel the flight if you find a better one.

IF you want to use points to book the flight then of course that is a different story.

We've found EZ Air to be generally well prices on international trips, less so on domestic ones. But the good part of EZ Air, as above, is that you can reserve your flight and not be committed until 45 days before the flight. That means you can lock it in, change it limitless numbers of times, and meanwhile shop around on your own. If you find something better on your own, book it. If the best deal you can get on EZ Air continues to be the best, lock it in.

Any thoughts?

Yes, check pricing and flight schedules both with EZAir and directly with airlines.

Then pick the price and flight schedule you like the best.

Hello,

We've just booked a Princess Cruisetour for July 2019 directly through Princess. (We begin our cruisetour in Limerick, after a transfer from Shannon)

We are from the St. Louis, Mo area, and fly out of Lambert International.

Any thoughts?

You are absolutely going to love this cruisetour...and cruise. We did the same a few years ago. It was one of our favorite trips. We booked our own airfare and in retrospect we would have used EZ air. Our flight was cancelled out of our own home city and we had some harrowing times trying to make arrangements to get to Shannon. We were fling from DTW (Detroit) to JFK and then into Shannon on Delta. Fortunately we were going the day before the cruietour started so we did have some leeway. Delta ended up putting us on Virgin Atlantic and flying into Heathrow and then putting us on Air Lingus from Heathrow to Shannon. We made it! Of course the cancellation could have happened even with EZ air but then Princess would have been faced with the hassle of getting us new flights, etc. I also highly recommend flying the day before your tour starts. Since the first night of the tour is busy with the folklore dinner and Buntratty castle, it was great to be a bit refreshed and not tired to the bone from flying all night, etc. Once we knew the hotel we were staying at in Limerick, we made a reservation and emailed them about staying in the same room as what we were assigned for the cruisetour. IT as easily done. (Hope you get the Limerick Strand Hotel.... It is amazing!. If you do be sure to check out the indoor pool/spa area. The largest pools and multiple hot tubs hot tubs ever!)

If you have any questions about the cruisetour portion, please ask...I know when I was researching before we went there was not a lot of info that I could find.

Judy