Documents

camtran

If my grandchildren's half brother (his last name is different) comes on our cruise with us, what kind of extra documents do we need to bring? We don't want to get to the port and him be denied boarding.

Thanks for your help.

How old is he?? That makes a difference as to what he needs to board.

For little kids a birth certificate since they are too young to have picture ID.

You should also have something to give you permission for getting him health care if needed. That is for you though and not for the ship.

To be honest, in today's environment of blended families, I'm not sure anyone would say anything. Before we got married, my wife and I had different last names obviously, but our (her) daughter has another name yet (biological father), because DW had remarried (and subsequently divorced, obviously). [And I too had been married previously multiple times, so I'm not judging.]

But, why not call Carnival and see if they have any red flags that get thrown up with adults traveling outside the country with children that do not have both parents present? Even your own grandchildren might be an issue if neither parent is present, or even if just one is missing.

16+ needs photo ID. I believe a school ID will work with a Birth Certificate. Under 16 just a birth certificate is fine. On our last cruise, we had a letter from their respective other parent and it was never needed. Confirm with Carnival to be sure.