Breezes - Resort for the Day - Review

GMRPHRN

I sailed recently on Carnival to the Bahamas and had booked through Resort for a Day two reservations for Breezes. The total was $90 each with a $20 deposit and it was all-inclusive. We took a taxi there - about 15 minutes and we probably overpaid. The resort has seen better days but it was December and not very crowded. We arrived and checked in. (Remeber if you pay by card to be aware of possible foreign transaction fee and/or rejection for foreign transaction). We were given our armband and went to the pool area and got our first drink. No one questioned my daughter's age. They have frozen drinks and the usual beer and cocktails. Service was quick. The beach was very nice with lots of loungers in shade and sun and some hammocks. I thought the water too cold and didn't venture far out. There were people walking up and down the beach hawking snorkeling, etc, but if you didn't make eye contact they didn't bother you. The pool was cool to me but there were both children and adults in the pool. Someone was constantly doing kids activities like hula hoop and water balloon toss. At lunchtime they opened up a grill with hamburgers and hotdogs. Inside there was a large buffet with salads, pasta, sandwiches, and dessert. You needed to have a cover up to go inside. There was a towel station, too. Overall, it was a great visit but I am not sure I would pay that for the experience again. There were a total of 4 ships in Nassau that day so I imagine closer beaches were crowded. When we got ready to leave the security at the front of the hotel grabbed a hotel driver for us and we paid only $18 for the return trip. He dropped us off a few blocks short of the pier in town so we could browse some shops.

• 2 weeks later...