Doubletree San Pedro

lbfluffy

We booked last year using my state government rate for only $99. This year that is not available, the rate is $269. That is a huge jump. Any other suggestions? We usually park and stay at hotels for our Mexican Riviera cruises, but if it is going to be so high, I think we may just have to drive the morning of the cruise. We are only five hours away. I know parking is costly at the port.

Thanksgiving is the Thursday before and we did the same time last year. I would like to try price line, but if we get the price we offer will we have to pay extra for parking?

We got a rate that included parking during our cruise & have read posts from those who paid less through Priceline but did not get free parking.

I think that's the official policy but some have posted being allowed to keep their car at the hotel during their cruise without paying for it. If it were me, I wouldn't count on free parking without a park & stay package and to be willing to accept that I may have to pay $16/day at the port...or to negotiate a price with the hotel. ;)

I stayed at the Double Tree last year with a Park and cruise Package because the Crown wanted over $100 more for the same package. The Crown is good along with the Double Tree but once the Crown starts filling up they get very pricy. This year I am flying in and got my hotel at the Crown doing a Bid. No car so there will not be any issues. I did hear that the Crown is now charging a $5 fee for a ride to the port. I'm not surprised by this but I would bet there is not fee being charged at the Double Tree. Note: I have stayed at both places and had good service however depending on your sailing dates one Hotel will probably be higher than the other. For a park and cruise package call both places first before deciding on where to stay. On a side note I have heard that the Best Western Plus (New) in San Pedro offers a park and cruise package. This place sounds like they are getting very competitive with the other two hotels. Tim

I stayed at the Double Tree last year with a Park and cruise Package because the Crown wanted over $100 more for the same package. The Crown is good along with the Double Tree but once the Crown starts filling up they get very pricy. This year I am flying in and got my hotel at the Crown doing a Bid. No car so there will not be any issues. I did hear that the Crown is now charging a $5 fee for a ride to the port. I'm not surprised by this but I would bet there is not fee being charged at the Double Tree. Note: I have stayed at both places and had good service however depending on your sailing dates one Hotel will probably be higher than the other. For a park and cruise package call both places first before deciding on where to stay. On a side note I have heard that the Best Western Plus (New) in San Pedro offers a park and cruise package. This place sounds like they are getting very competitive with the other two hotels. Tim

Thank you. I think I will look into the best western.