Serenade refurbish date?

Serenade was last in dry dock in December 2012, so that means she needs to go again by December 2017.

I see a break in her schedule between Nov 1 and Nov 13, 2017.

I've seen no public announcements of any changes coming, so this could simply be the required marine maintenance.

Serenade was last in dry dock in December 2012, so that means she needs to go again by December 2017.

I see a break in her schedule between Nov 1 and Nov 13, 2017.

I've seen no public announcements of any changes coming, so this could simply be the required marine maintenance.

Last I heard thats the planned dates. Just Marine, no major changes... I been doing Oct-Nov B2B2B2B last few yrs, not this yr. Getting off after my Oct15-Nov 1 dates...

Last I heard thats the planned dates. Just Marine, no major changes... I been doing Oct-Nov B2B2B2B last few yrs, not this yr. Getting off after my Oct15-Nov 1 dates...

Thanks for the confirmation.

• 4 months later...
From RCL:

We were able to confirm that staterooms will be upgraded and suites will be refreshed. We'll also be making updates to the pool deck and the kid's pool area. Keep an eye out here as more info becomes available: http://*******/2ui7PWy.

2 weeks in Dry Dock isn't enough time to make changes to rooms. Not to worry though everyday upkeep on her is pretty good. Last 5 yrs I've spent 200+ nites on Serenade, this Fall I'm doing B2B2B2B starting day she returns from Dry Dock. Last

Fall I was on her from Oct-Dec 2016 and during that time they replaced all balcony deck chairs, all matresses, removed/replaced all deck and balcony railings.

From RCL's response I took that to mean they were replacing the bedding.

As mentioned by previous poster, stuff like that happens all the time - no need for a dry dock. BTW, a new mattress does not mean it's any more comfortable than before.

From RCL:

We were able to confirm that staterooms will be upgraded and suites will be refreshed. We'll also be making updates to the pool deck and the kid's pool area. Keep an eye out here as more info becomes available: http://*******/2ui7PWy.

We were told the light switches in the RS were going to be replaced with digital switches. Currently they are/were a pain in the butt.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Having been on serenade within the past 5 years I wasn't worried until I read numerous reviews about the beds. There were enough reviews that were good/bad that mentioned the bedding enough that is sounded like a real issue.

We sailed her last Thanksgiving and all the mattresses were new. The complaints you heard were the mattresses were hard, very hard. You have to ask your Stu for extra comforters for softness so you aren't sleeping on a brick.

We sailed her last Thanksgiving and all the mattresses were new. The complaints you heard were the mattresses were hard, very hard. You have to ask your Stu for extra comforters for softness so you aren't sleeping on a brick.

Thanks. That's very unfortunate. We have asked for egg crate mattress toppers before but they only provided extra comforters as you mention. Might try to find something we can bring to help.

Thanks. That's very unfortunate. We have asked for egg crate mattress toppers before but they only provided extra comforters as you mention. Might try to find something we can bring to help.

The Mattresses on Serenade were replaced couple times in few yrs, last time they replaced all of them, Nov2016, they are firm but not as firm as before. Though lot of people still think they are too firm, I notice not as much. Toppers yes but ship may or may not have Egg Crates, Serenade didn't have any of ship last time I was on.

The Mattresses on Serenade were replaced couple times in few yrs, last time they replaced all of them, Nov2016, they are firm but not as firm as before. Though lot of people still think they are too firm, I notice not as much. Toppers yes but ship may or may not have Egg Crates, Serenade didn't have any of ship last time I was on.

Serenade did NOT have egg crates............2 comforters helped us, Some had 4 comforters. Just ask your Stu.

• 1 month later...