Travelling with kids on the Vision of the Seas

We-are planning to cruise with two of our granddaughters on July 13, on the Vision of the Seas. Could someone who cruised with 10, 11 years kids give me information of the teen/kids club? Were the kids happy with the activities? Our granddaughters don't speak English...

I would pick another ship. The Adventure Ocean facilities on Vision Class ships are pretty small, meaning that there is less chance that the Staff may speak other languages, along with the fact that Vision doesn't have much else to offer 10 and 11 year olds.

Having been on the Vision ship several times, I would not bring my 10 year old granddaughter on that ship. It is too small and I do not believe it has enough for kids to do. I would choose one of the larger ships in the Royal Fleet.

Doesn't really matter how good or bad the youth group is if there are not enough facilities for them to utilize.

JMHO

Just a side note. If you are traveling on a very Port intensive Cruise then I do not think it would matter because you would be in ports each day. I noticed you mentioned cruising on the vision in July which is perhaps a Europe Cruise. That might work assuming it has quite a few ports.:D

Hi there

We are looking at the July 13 cruise 2018 as well. We have four grandchildren - 2 boys aged 1- and 15 and 2 grand-daughters both aged 13. There are 3 sea days but if we travelled to Rome and Venice we would lose two days holiday anyway so I guess it is better to be on a ship. Presumably the kids can use the pool whenever they want to. Does anyone know if they have to pay for video games? I'm worried too that there may not be enough for them to do but it is such a fabulous itinerary. I'm not sure how much is planned for teens on the ship so would be really interested to hear from others who have taken kids on the Vision. We are actually booked on the Jewel but going to change if we can as this is a better itinerary. It is port intensive for a lot of the time but still a lot of time on the ship. Many thanks.

Hi there

We are looking at the July 13 cruise 2018 as well. We have four grandchildren - 2 boys aged 11- and 15 and 2 grand-daughters both aged 13. There are 3 sea days but if we travelled to Rome and Venice we would lose two days holiday anyway so I guess it is better to be on a ship. Presumably the kids can use the pool whenever they want to. Does anyone know if they have to pay for video games? I'm worried too that there may not be enough for them to do but it is such a fabulous itinerary. I'm not sure how much is planned for teens on the ship so would be really interested to hear from others who have taken kids on the Vision. We are actually booked on the Jewel but going to change if we can as this is a better itinerary. It is port intensive for a lot of the time but still a lot of time on the ship. Many thanks.

All the games in the arcade are extra cost.

Also, for future reference, you can edit your posts here for about 15 minutes after you first post.

Hi there

We are looking at the July 13 cruise 2018 as well. We have four grandchildren - 2 boys aged 1- and 15 and 2 grand-daughters both aged 13. There are 3 sea days but if we travelled to Rome and Venice we would lose two days holiday anyway so I guess it is better to be on a ship. Presumably the kids can use the pool whenever they want to. Does anyone know if they have to pay for video games? I'm worried too that there may not be enough for them to do but it is such a fabulous itinerary. I'm not sure how much is planned for teens on the ship so would be really interested to hear from others who have taken kids on the Vision. We are actually booked on the Jewel but going to change if we can as this is a better itinerary. It is port intensive for a lot of the time but still a lot of time on the ship. Many thanks.

Definitely have to pay for video games on any ship. Make sure they understand that otherwise you will have a surprise on their Seapass card! Games are non-cash - you use your card on the ship.

Just a side note. If you are traveling on a very Port intensive Cruise then I do not think it would matter because you would be in ports each day. I noticed you mentioned cruising on the vision in July which is perhaps a Europe Cruise. That might work assuming it has quite a few ports.:D

Yes it is a Mediterranean cruise and port intensive but still 3 days at sea. I'm wondering how good the teens program is and have looked at the Teens Compass seems quite good. Better that the kids are on a cruise than on planes and in and out of airports I would imagine.

Do kids have access to the solarium pool or is it adults only.

Many thanks.

Yes it is a Mediterranean cruise and port intensive but still 3 days at sea. I'm wondering how good the teens program is and have looked at the Teens Compass seems quite good. Better that the kids are on a cruise than on planes and in and out of airports I would imagine.

Do kids have access to the solarium pool or is it adults only.

Many thanks.

Solarium pool and seating is for ages over 16.

The itinerary is very nice, it is 12 nights and we have 3 days at sea. I am a bit concerned about what the kid club offers and I want to find out before booking the cruise. In the past we cruised with NCL Epic and was fantastic but it is a huge ship and very difficult to find each the other.

I would like to thank you for your message

I think there are 2 different families wondering about teens here so it is a bit confusing...

The 10 and 11 year old will be in the Adventure Ocean Explorers club (ages 9-11). They will have games and activities throughout the day. You can look for an Explorers compass for an idea of activities.

The other family with the 15 year old will be in the teen club. For my teens, they typically meet another group of teens the first night and then hang out the rest of the cruise. If its only 3 sea days, my teens would appreciate just sleeping in, hanging by the pool and then hanging out. Mine typically don't do the activities in the teen club but use it as a meeting place....key is attending the first night to meet other teens.

If you want to cruise for the activities on the ship, then you may be disappointed especially if you have been on the Epic before. However, if you are cruising for the ports then absolutely go for it. With only 3 sea days, the ship is not as important IMO and with a good attitude there will always be something to do.

We did the Radiance which is the next class up from Vision 2 years ago in Alaska. Then 10 year old son still had a blast although he liked the facilities on the larger ships more. If your grandchildren haven't been on a larger ship, they won't know what they are missing! Unless you want to pay a bunch more for the Symphony, the options seem limited to Radiance or Vision class ships for European itineraries. Navigator is in between but you only get 3 ports from Southampton. The facilities will be limited on Vision but they will still have plenty of fun activities. Vision also has ping-pong, a rock wall, an outdoor movie screen and a small water slide.

My grandchildren , ages 10 and 11, will be going on Vision for the Thanksgiving cruise. This will be their first time in a Vision class ship. They are experienced cruisers having been on Radiance, Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships. They love Adventure Ocean and I expect they'll have a great time in AO on Vision as the activities in AO will be the same plus they'll have the rock climbing wall and pool!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My grandchildren , ages 10 and 11, will be going on Vision for the Thanksgiving cruise. This will be their first time in a Vision class ship. They are experienced cruisers having been on Radiance, Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships. They love Adventure Ocean and I expect they'll have a great time in AO on Vision as the activities in AO will be the same plus they'll have the rock climbing wall and pool!

We were on vision the week of thanksgiving a few years ago with my 9 year old. The number if children was in insane! We found Vision to be our least favorite ship. It had very few activities and we spent a lot of time in our cabin. Granted, we ended up with 3 sea days as one of our ports was cancelled due to high seas. If this is port intensive, you will be good to go. Just keep that in mind for packing (DVD player, cards)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Can anyone please tell me how much the video games cost.

The games are 50 cents to $2 each. The arcades are extremely small on any of the ships unless they are voyager class or larger. If you are crown and anchor, your kids should get an arcade bonus. You can purchase some arcade credits on the cruise planner ahead of time at a discount. I usually left our daughter spend 40 - 50 for a week in the arcade. She's not much on the traditional video games and tends to do the ones that spit out tickets to redeem for prizes. There have been a few ships where she d8dnt even go into the arcade as it was so small.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We just got off a Vision cruise a few days ago. My kids are 10 and 11 and LOVED the kids activities!! We've previously sailed on Disney and they liked this cruise the best! This being said, they were not in the Adventure Ocean for hours upon hours. Maybe an hour or two after dinner and on Sea days, a couple hours after breakfast and then again after dinner. There was a lot for them to do in the club and they always returned happy and smiling, and often with prizes they've won.

We just got off a Vision cruise a few days ago. My kids are 10 and 11 and LOVED the kids activities!! We've previously sailed on Disney and they liked this cruise the best! This being said, they were not in the Adventure Ocean for hours upon hours. Maybe an hour or two after dinner and on Sea days, a couple hours after breakfast and then again after dinner. There was a lot for them to do in the club and they always returned happy and smiling, and often with prizes they've won.

Thanks for the update!