Intercontinental or Holiday Inn Port of Miami?

sa182

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

My boyfriend and I will be flying in the day before we cruise in February and are trying to figure out which hotel we will stay in.

We've narrowed it down to either the Intercontinental or Holiday Inn Port of Miami since both of these are close to the port, Bayside, etc. I stayed at Holiday Inn many years ago, but the more recent reviews I've read have mentioned how outdated the hotel is. The price difference isn't that much and we'll be using points, so I've been leaning toward Intercontinental. However, I read a few older reviews that mentioned the park area nearby isn't the safest at night. Does anyone have more recent feedback on this? If we were to walk to Bayside in the evening, would it be safe to walk back to Intercontinental?

Thanks in advance!

There is a big difference between the two hotels and I would grab Intercontinental over Holiday Inn any day of the week! Since both are in the same location, one across from the park and one next to it, it’s the same difference.

Intercontinental is a higher end, full service hotel on the water. Beautiful pool deck, bar and great restaurant. There just isn’t a comparison!

There is a big difference between the two hotels and I would grab Intercontinental over Holiday Inn any day of the week! Since both are in the same location, one across from the park and one next to it, it’s the same difference.

Intercontinental is a higher end, full service hotel on the water. Beautiful pool deck, bar and great restaurant. There just isn’t a comparison!

Looks like my gut was right! Thanks for the feedback!

I would not walk around the park much late at night alone. But there is not a huge safety issues there especially on a Friday or Saturday night its pretty busy.

Intercontinental all the way! It is not even close. It is a great location. And you could walk to Bayside via the park or just down Biscayne Blvd which is perfectly safe 24/7.

Bayside is great, but for dinner try something away from Bayside, check out the options at Brickell City Centre.

Be sure to ask for a room overlooking the port. They are usually very accommodating. A great vantage point for watching ‘your ship come in”

Oh I’ll be sure to ask! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums