Formal Nights schedule

irishwitchy

Based on research, on cruises over 16 nights there are two "formal" nights. When does one know what nights are the formal nights? Do anyone actually wear a gown these days? My husband will have a linen sports jacket, but there won't be a tux, that just takes up too much room in a suitcase!

Based on research, on cruises over 16 nights there are two "formal" nights. When does one know what nights are the formal nights? Do anyone actually wear a gown these days? My husband will have a linen sports jacket, but there won't be a tux, that just takes up too much room in a suitcase!

There are no more requirements for formal nights on Regent, where what you want. Of course no casual such as shorts or tee shirts

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On cruises over 15 nights there are "Formal Optional" night's (optional being the key word).

There certainly could be a few tuxedos and even less gowns but there are far more suits or sports jackets. You even see polo shirts since dressing up is optional. We dress just about the same as the night's we dress up for the Captain's Reception, etc. The only time my DH wore a tux on a Regent ship was the christening cruise of the Explorer.

Wear whatever you are comfortable but you may want to consider that the majority of men will wear a sports jacket and slacks at a minimum and women tend to wear dresses our long skirts.

We're off soon on Voyager from Dubai to Singapore; there are 2 "Formal Optional" nights during the 21 nights. We only recently learned when they'll occur - with our cruise paper documents package.

Wife loves to dress up and has "formal" dresses that fold to nothing so, it's a tux for me. Otherwise, I'd wear a good-looking sport coat (I usually bring two). I expect on these 2 nights to see men in: some tuxes/dinner jackets, many sports coats, some long-sleeve shirts, but very few polos.

I find the Regent public venues to be cold (sometimes frigid) so I almost always am wearing a sweater or sport coat to meals, shows and lectures.

I guess that's one of the benefits of still being chained to a desk - I don't cruise for longer than 14 days at a stretch, so Formal Optional isn't an issue for me. But as others have said, I'm sure you'll see the full range from polos to tuxedos. Me, I'd go for a sport coat or maybe, maybe a suit with no tie. I'll wear a jacket, but I do not bring ties on vacation. :D

Edited by UUNetBill
Fix typo

Back when formal nights were not optional, they would let you know in your cruise documents. Since I too am chained to a desk and OR table, I can't do any of the longer cruises, so don't know what they do now. But my guess would be that the information would be in the final cruise documents.

You'll know when you receive your final documents. The night of the Captain's Reception is typically used as a "Formal Optional" night. The other may be the night of the Captain's Farewell or the night of the Seven Seas Society party.

On our Preliminary Vacation Summary PDF for the Jan. 5 cruise to Lima, there is a column called "Dress" that lists F (Formal Optional) for two nights.

On cruises over 15 nights there are "Formal Optional" night's (optional being the key word).

There certainly could be a few tuxedos and even less gowns but there are far more suits or sports jackets. You even see polo shirts since dressing up is optional. We dress just about the same as the night's we dress up for the Captain's Reception, etc. The only time my DH wore a tux on a Regent ship was the christening cruise of the Explorer.

Wear whatever you are comfortable but you may want to consider that the majority of men will wear a sports jacket and slacks at a minimum and women tend to wear dresses our long skirts.

Hey Jackie

I remember Dennis wearing his tux on the TA last year. I commented to him that he looked so dapper. He was delighted. You told me he bought it for the christening and loved it so much, he brought it for this cruise.

Remember??

Hey Jackie

I remember Dennis wearing his tux on the TA last year. I commented to him that he looked so dapper. He was delighted. You told me he bought it for the christening and loved it so much, he brought it for this cruise.

Remember??

Hi Sheila,

Ha ha - yes - definitely remember. We have two formal nights on our Amazon cruise and he considered packing it but we are already overloaded in terms of luggage due to mosquito netting hats and all of the paraphernalia that we'll likely not use. Dennis went from hating to dress up after he retired to now wanting to dress up again. Go figure! I'm definitely not wearing the gown that I bought anytime in foreseeable future.

You and Herb dress just fine. Most people do not find Regent's dress code to be difficult at all.

Jackie

CorgiToo, thank you for pointing that out to me. We are on the same cruise, if you are interested in joining the Meet and Mingle. Here is the link: https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=29

We are one person short right now, so it would be great if you could join us!! Please check out the roll call also!

Hi Sheila,

Ha ha - yes - definitely remember. We have two formal nights on our Amazon cruise and he considered packing it but we are already overloaded in terms of luggage due to mosquito netting hats and all of the paraphernalia that we'll likely not use. Dennis went from hating to dress up after he retired to now wanting to dress up again. Go figure! I'm definitely not wearing the gown that I bought anytime in foreseeable future.

You and Herb dress just fine. Most people do not find Regent's dress code to be difficult at all.

Jackie

I find that "dress up" is more prevalent on TA, Europe, Asia etc cruises than the Caribbean. That tends to be more casual dress because of the weather.